5.2 Feral BiS

90 Troll Druid
Was compiling a BiS list from what I've checked out around the web and in game, and figured I'd put it up here for anyone that was interested. Enjoy and good luck!

Normal:

Helm Lightning-Eye Hood Jin'Rokh the Breaker
Neck Quadra-Head Brooch Megaera
Shoulders Spaulders of the Haunted Forest Iron Qon
Back Pinionfeather Greatcloak Jikun
Chest Raiment of the Haunted Forest Dark Animus
Wrist Bracers of the Midnight Comet Twin Consorts
Hands Grips of the Haunted Forest Council of Elders
Waist Featherflight Belt Ji-Kun
Legs Legguards of the Haunted Forest Ji-Kun
Feet Spurs of the Storm Cavalry Iron Qon
Rings Sign of the Bloodied God Jin'Rokh the Breaker Gore-Soaked Gear Dark Animus
Trinkets Bad Juju Council of Elders Renataki's Soul Charm Jin'Rokh the Breaker
Weapon Jalak's Maelstrom Staff Horridon

You're going to find that Haste is making a comeback on gear this Tier, and also that the 4 (or something close to that) different trinkets available for us are very very close on performance together. These two are however the easiest to get - being off the first and third bosses.

For heroic; the only thing that changes is if you have access to Ra-Den (the 13th boss, available only on Heroic- think Sinestra)

If you do look on

Heroic Differences:

Helm Headpiece of the Haunted Forest instead of Lightning-Eye Hood Twin Consorts
Cloak Grey Wind Mistcloak instead of Pinionfeather Greatcloak Ra-den
Chest Chestguard of Coruscating Blades instead of Raiment of the Haunted Forest Ra-den
Waist Strap of Murderous Strikes instead of Featherflight Belt Ra-den
Feet Twist-Toe Tabi instead of Spurs of the Storm Cavalry Ra-den
Rings Ra-den's Swift Seal with Gore-Soaked Gear instead of Sign of the Bloodied God Ra-den
Edited by Salem on 3/6/2013 7:27 PM PST
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Druid
The offpiece is going to be the Helm until we get the Ra-Den chest. The hands look pretty, but even with the pretty socket bonus and extra slot the Tier gloves still give just slightly more agi. The helm on the other hand has a !@#$ty socket bonus of 180 crit, but the off helm has agi.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
Cheers
-updated

Looked a little more closely between the hands + helm tier and it does look like the hands JUST(!) pulls ahead.

A lot of our gear this patch is so bloody close together.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
Would love to know viewpoints on different trinkets - rocking Agi/hasteproc trinket atm, seems OK atm, going to compare it against other trinkets when I get them.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
Try Fluid Druid - http://fluiddruid.net/feral-druid-5-2-throne-of-thunder-gear-list/
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
Yeah I've checked it out, I disagree with the Lei-Shen trinket however, funnelling every stat into Mastery would hurt our combo points (from crit) and swings, energy as well as dot ticks (haste)

Although I can see the 4p t15 that is trying to compensate for this. I still see Renataki's + either Bad Juju or Talisman being better.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
RoC
Why does it say "Upgradeable" ?
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
Yeah I've checked it out, I disagree with the Lei-Shen trinket however, funnelling every stat into Mastery would hurt our combo points (from crit) and swings, energy as well as dot ticks (haste)

Although I can see the 4p t15 that is trying to compensate for this. I still see Renataki's + either Bad Juju or Talisman being better.

Why do you disagree? While I understand it's never a good idea to go by simulations as perfect, it still does a good job to get within a decent range. But all you're essentially saying is you have a feeling one is better than the other where the other has a relatively decent scientific backing.

As a side note I don't really pay much attention early on to trinket ratings and whatnot while we wait for the dust to settle on what is actually live (i.e. proc rates changing, spell changes not making it to live like rip, etc). So you need to take those rankings on FD with a grain of salt until the simulations are done with accurate information (they were originally done under the assumption the 15% rip buff was going live and Stenhaldi has also mentioned they believe proc rates for certain trinkets have been buffed).
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
It just looks like a very gimmicky trinket proc, you wouldn't want it going off in the middle of beserk+tf, However I can see the potential in using this plus Talisman to offset the stat loss (with 4p t15)

Otherwise I'd probably stick with the more static trinket buffs.

We'll just have to wait and see yeah.

Fluid Druid isn't necessarily correct about our BiS though, it has the bracers off Horridon being better than the bracers off of Twins, when clearly it isn't. As well as the Helm being our offset (normal) rather than our hands.
Reply Quote
100 Worgen Druid
It's pretty unequivocal that the Rune of Re-Origination is the best-in-slot trinket, at least at heroic gear levels (it scales strongly with gear). The caveat is that you have to game it: you apply rake at the beginning and end of the proc (at high enough gear levels rake will actually be your main CP builder during the proc) and also apply rip at some point during the proc. That way you're effectively getting ~24 seconds of benefit from the boosted mastery, rather than just 10. Also, if you are using Rune of Re-Origination, you will want to gear to maximize the proc by setting crit, haste, and mastery ratings to similar values with mastery just slightly higher.

However I can see the potential in using this plus Talisman to offset the stat loss (with 4p t15)

Actually, Talisman of Bloodlust is incompatible with Rune of Re-Origination because the Talisman can push your haste above your mastery when it procs -- potentially causing the Rune to proc haste instead of mastery.
Edited by Stenhaldi on 3/12/2013 9:27 AM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Druid
Fluid Druid isn't necessarily correct about our BiS though, it has the bracers off Horridon being better than the bracers off of Twins, when clearly it isn't. As well as the Helm being our offset (normal) rather than our hands.

Couple of things wrong here. If you actually read the BIS list you would see this by the hands:
Hands

The tier gloves are rather meh, so this is a good option to go off-set with if you don’t manage to grab the off-set head.

The wrists off twins are debatable. The random enchant is only 1 secondary stat (normal mode its 858 http://us.battle.net/wow/en/item/94979), which is 294 less then the combind stats from the Horridon bracer ( http://us.battle.net/wow/en/item/94743). If you factor in the gem slot which would provide an extra 140 agility and 160 Mastery, you still have 134 less secondary stats and you pick up 60 Agility. Now that could be a win if you get the correct stat you want. If it's Hit/Exp its going to be crap cause we have to much as it is. As a note Alaron put that list together before we even knew what the secondary stats were, so it was the safer bet.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Druid
Just a heads up Bleeds aren't affected by Haste values at all, so your comment regarding Haste is incorrect. From what I've looked at what Alarron posted up on Fluid Druid seems what we're likely going to want in 5.2.

Rune of Reorigination will be pretty fantastic IF and that's a big IF you're able to play effectively with Dream of Cenarius, 1 of the Ferals in my raid group detests it and will stay away from the talent, the other is back and forth on it. The Feral who detests it is going to try and avoid getting RoR and try a more Haste oriented build, though we both discussed the DPS differences aren't going to be all that terribly noticeable so he's probably not going to have a problem doing so.

Otherwise the Helm off Jin'Rokh is definitely our offset piece given you can't get the chest off Ra-Den and I would assume a vast majority of people won't, or at least won't be able to for a good while.
Edited by Syo on 3/12/2013 1:44 PM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Druid
Just a heads up Bleeds aren't affected by Haste values at all, so your comment regarding Haste is incorrect

While you are correct about Haste not doing anything for our bleeds, that is not why he is saying it's going to make a comeback (cause it is). All of the trinkets available to us in 5.2 other then the Shado-Pan assult trinket is a RRPM trinket. These are boosted by Haste. This goes double for the new Legendary Meta, which is also boosted by Haste. Mastery will still be our #1 stat, but when you start getting some RPPM trinkets or the Meta, you are going to start beefing up your Haste.

If you do get RoR though you will want to make all 3 of your stats as close together as possible with Mastery being just a little higher. This is to make the most of the 200% proc. Even a HotW spec will be able to make use of RoR. Sure bleeds won't be buffed by DoC, but you can't even be sure you will have a DoC buff during the 10 second duration.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Druid
This I don't disagree with in regards to Haste overall this tier Tinderhoof, I was simply correcting the misconception that Haste affects our bleed tick interval which was implied. Had a talk with another Feral in our raid group regarding Haste and it does seem we're going to end up with more of it overall than we had last Tier given the various RPPM mechanics we're being forced into this Tier, good or bad.

And yes, DoC + RoR will be a somewhat guesswork combination to try and deal with really.
Reply Quote
100 Troll Druid

Rune of Re-Origination has much higher potential than the other two trinkets, but it can pretty easily be screwed over by RNG.
The only way I see it being a very viable choice is if you've hit the point where haste has pushed over crit and neared mastery (another RPPM trinket and the legendary meta), at which point you should be getting enough procs that RNG doesn't end up being a major issue.

Without much haste it was totally unreliable when I tested it on the PTR, which meant lining it up with a DoC charge and short-term procs was basically up to the stars aligning.

Personally I don't plan on using it. Two agi procs are just so much easier to handle and maximize, especially while trying to learn and manage new raid encounters, and it's still a completely solid trinket combo (better than our t14 choices).
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
This weapon is better than the Horridon one:

http://www.wowhead.com/item=95507
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
Yeah I know Moltke, but I can not find where it drops. Does anyone know? and if it is a trash drop, there would be no Heroic version.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Druid
Holy cow that is a lot of items with hit. Why would they put more hit on the staff??
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Druid
Yeah I know Moltke, but I can not find where it drops. Does anyone know? and if it is a trash drop, there would be no Heroic version.

Shared boss loot. Kinda sucks because you can't save your tokens for the boss that drops it.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
Legit shared boss loot?!

!@#$kkkkk that

9 months without vial, we meet again.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]