Rogue or Deathknight

90 Human Mage
I want to roll a new alt and I hear both classes are freaking awesome and fun right now? So which one do you guys think I should play based more on a "entertaining" aspect. And also which spec do you think I should do, excluding blood dk i don't wanna tank. Lend me some feedback! Thanks.
Reply Quote
100 Human Warrior
For Death Knights go with frost spec puts out great DPS.
Reply Quote
67 Orc Shaman
KA
Well.....what do you consider "entertaining"? Rogue can be entertaining just beacuse you can annoy the hell out of other players in PvP....you are that fly in their ear and the fear in their hearts. If that play style floats your boat.

DK....well they may have more of the in your face style....and probably are a bit more fun aesthetically. They have better tmogs options and can solo a lot more things...which is entertaining for some.

Again....like all of these threads....its what you find enjoyable.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Death Knight
Frost DKs put out crazy damage, even low gear. Idk about rouges, hear good things about them in PvP (haven't ran into a good one so far), but UH dks are also very good...I love my dk, but like everyone says....whatever you like best
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Death Knight
If you gear a DK correctly and learn the proper rotations and cooldowns, you can easily top out dps in any group (PvE). I've recently seen some insane dps by rouges who are much more undergeared than I, but I'm not entirely sure if that's just a display of skill or if they've really received some nice buffs this patch. I haven't even bothered playing a rouge for PvE this xpac so I can't really tell you much about them.

As for PvP, it's mainly about preference. (In my opinion) DK's have a lot more versatility depending on the spec you roll, as rouges have more of a 'supportive' type of gameplay.

I'd still prefer a DK for PvP though, I usually go Unholy for bg's and such as it can still offer alot of that 'support' feature, and I use frost in duels and 2's because it gives a great deal of burst depending on whether you're rolling as 2h/1h and the classes you play against. As for blood, I only so often drop one of my other specs and go blood if I know it's like Alterac Valley CTA or something, where you need a decently geared tank who doesn't have downs.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Death Knight
Pve rogue, by miles. 490-510 IL bracket dks are amazing and I was almost always top dps, however the more geared your raid team gets they seem to scale in comparison.
Reply Quote
90 Human Mage
So very, very different.

If you like to run in, like an unstoppable monster with a posse, then roll DK. If you want to creep in, alone, and jack someone up, roll rogue.

If you like to stand toe-to-toe bashing away, with no thought to escape or evasion, then DK. If you are always planning and figuring ways to win or run, then rogue.

DKs are obvious. Rogues are strategic. Don't roll strategic, unless you really enjoy that playstyle because mistakes are unforgiving.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Death Knight
Some of the DKs here may have confused you. yes frost puts out good dps but UH is better. This of frost as the easier spec while UH actually requires you to manage things. really shouldn't lose to a frost this tier if you are properly playing your UH.

EDIT: Megaera is a fight that Frost can beat an UH in.
Edited by Fayte on 5/7/2013 12:59 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
Some of the DKs here may have confused you. yes frost puts out good dps but UH is better. This of frost as the easier spec while UH actually requires you to manage things. really shouldn't lose to a frost this tier if you are properly playing your UH.

EDIT: Megaera is a fight that Frost can beat an UH in.

UH just also took a 5% str nerf.
Reply Quote
100 Human Rogue
rogues are getting nerfed back to 5.0 so they'll be bad again

thanks for all the crying baddies
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]