How do I get back to the isle of thunder?

90 Blood Elf Hunter
I did my dailies yesterday and today the same girl you talk to that flyes you over isn't there. How do I get back?
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Mage
Wondering the same thing...
Reply Quote
There is a portal just north of the Shado-pan garrison.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warlock
For Horde, the portal is south when you arrive at the Sunreaver flight master, near Shado-pan Garrison, on the Sunreaver encampment, a white stand.

North for the Aliance, near where you fight with the new Shado-pan NPCs wich will help you with the quests, a blue stand.
Edited by Ciryatan on 3/7/2013 7:28 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Thank you Ciryatan, was about to give up
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Priest
Strange, isn't that where we went to get to the Isle originally? People forget that easily?
Reply Quote
thank you
Reply Quote
90 Undead Rogue
Strange, isn't that where we went to get to the Isle originally? People forget that easily?

yes, they do
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Death Knight
got the key of the palace of lei shen and cant find the quest to get to the iilse of thunder
Reply Quote
4 Blood Elf Hunter
Good thing we have players to remind us that people forget stuff!!!
Edited by Shandrisbad on 11/10/2013 12:46 PM PST
Reply Quote
Thanx was a great help to find it!!
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Priest
lmao! k this was a funny necro.
Reply Quote
93 Night Elf Death Knight
im still confused lol
Reply Quote
About what?

Go to the Shado-Pan Garrison in Townlong Steppes. Each faction has a portal there to their base on the Isle of Thunder.

The Alliance portal is just north of the camp, almost right beside it. Look for a blue tent.

The Horde portal is southeast of the camp, past the flight master. Look for pink dragonhawks.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
About the fact that the original reply didn't mention that the camps were in Townlong Steppes, and some people go months without visiting the same place. I know I haven't been there in at least a month, so I couldn't remember where my girlfriend, Maidenlilith, took me to get there. I was on her 2-person dragon mount and left the room to get us snacks. I had no clue how we got there. I also have a life and don't play for hours & hours every single day for the past decade, so I rarely remember where stuff is. I would think that's not all that uncommon. I'm not venting on you, I'm glad you added the "country" where those camps are, just irritated at "career-gamers" who scoff at someone who doesn't make WoW the #1 priority in their lives, ya know?

Anyway, I appreciate the clarification, as does others, I'm sure.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
LFM
About the fact that the original reply didn't mention that the camps were in Townlong Steppes, and some people go months without visiting the same place. I know I haven't been there in at least a month, so I couldn't remember where my girlfriend, Maidenlilith, took me to get there. I was on her 2-person dragon mount and left the room to get us snacks. I had no clue how we got there. I also have a life and don't play for hours & hours every single day for the past decade, so I rarely remember where stuff is. I would think that's not all that uncommon. I'm not venting on you, I'm glad you added the "country" where those camps are, just irritated at "career-gamers" who scoff at someone who doesn't make WoW the #1 priority in their lives, ya know?

Anyway, I appreciate the clarification, as does others, I'm sure.

I find the italicized portion of your statement slightly obnoxious. Most players have lives but that is largely irrelevant to remembering where things are, which is a matter of personal interests in the game. Someone who does nothing but battlegrounds all day every day is probably not going to know about the portals in Townlong. Someone who plays for at most a few hours most nights but is interested in exploration is very likely to know where they are even though they play less than our battleground hero.
Reply Quote
08/08/2014 08:45 PMPosted by Bloodyoscar
I'm not venting on you

Sure did seem like it. This thread was made when the Isle of Thunder had just been added, so many players were already doing the content and knew the locations. When someone posts over a year later, when the content is no longer current, and says nothing more than they're confused, asking them to elaborate is very reasonable. As is simply asking your girlfriend where she'd taken you instead of berating the game's player base over something taken out of context.
Edited by Jakjak on 8/9/2014 7:53 AM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]