Blacksmithing daily cooldown?

90 Gnome Warrior
This is a quote from MMO-Champion

New raid and PvP blacksmithing plans have been added, and can be acquired through daily research of Lightning Steel Ingots.
Seasoned Blacksmiths will be able to find a way to create Lightning Steel Ingots once their realm has unlocked the Thunderforges on the Isle of Thunder. These ingots will allow blacksmiths to recreate powerful weapons from the past, updated for Mists of Pandaria. These power weapons will be bind-on-equip and making them will take a significant amount of dedication.
For blacksmiths who have lapsed in their trade (i.e., haven’t practiced blacksmithing since the Burning Crusade), there is a (not necessarily cost efficient) way to catch-up. Blacksmiths at your faction’s shrines in the Vale of Eternal Blossoms will be able to teach you training plans for crafting common household items using Ghost Iron.

But I see other professions using their daily Cd's getting different patterns, So am I to believe, We need to wait for the later advancements of the thunder isle for us to get the same sort of ability to discover new patterns?
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
JCs are only getting things they should have had to begin with

other professions didn't get anything at all

blacksmiths are getting entirely new and useful gear, they just have to wait longer to get it
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Death Knight
but leatherworking and tailoring you use your cooldown, you learn patterns you'd otherwise have to buy with SOH. I think the essence of the question is, why doesn't blacksmithing have something similar? and if blacksmithing is getting research, why isn't that a part of it?
Reply Quote
86 Goblin Priest
Talk to the engineer.
See how they feel about that.

"HEY! Engineers! We'll give you a special thing you can make for yourself, and it'll be used for a really cool dual flying mount and other things.
HA HA! Just kidding.
Engineers suck. Just make more mist goggles for everyone."
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]