Paladins OP is 10-man?

90 Goblin Priest
Is it just me or are Holy Paladins over tuned? I've raided 10-mans with several different pallies and they always top the healing meters and their Mastery bubble often their #1 heal done...

Just to reiterate: a paladin's #1 heal is a passive applied by their mastery...

Anyone else experienced this?
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Paladin
Disc Priest, complaining about a bubble.....
Edited by Fizben on 3/7/2013 9:49 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
Since Disc lost their OP bubble, now it's pally taking over.
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Priest

1. My primary spec is Holy

2. I'm not complaining, merely pointing out that paladins' #1 heal comes from the passive effect applied by mastery. That doesn't sound right.

Next time you post please make sure there is some kind of useful content within. Thanks.
Edited by Gromok on 3/7/2013 10:03 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
What exactly is "passive" about holy paladin mastery? It's applied by direct healing.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Paladin
03/07/2013 10:00 AMPosted by Gromok

2. I'm not complaining, merely pointing out that paladins' #1 heal comes from the passive effect applied by mastery. That doesn't sound right.

Next time you post please make sure there is some kind of useful content within. Thanks.

I've done a lot more content than you, and know a lot more about paladin (and apparently priest) healing than you. That said, you apparently need educated. Kindly read the post above this, the bubble is applied from healing. A passive requires no actions. Learn game mechanics before trying to add useful content.
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest

IH has always been powerful. It is just a tool to help balance paladins... and it's not really passive seeing as how you have to cast a spell at some point to apply it.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Priest
Well, I didn't see many logs so far (due to world of logs being bugged), but in each I've seen, holy paladins seems to dominate so far.
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Priest

I've done a lot more content than you, and know a lot more about paladin (and apparently priest) healing than you. That said, you apparently need educated. Kindly read the post above this, the bubble is applied from healing. A passive requires no actions. Learn game mechanics before trying to add useful content.

You play a video game more than I do, congratulations. Does that not entitle me to post discussion questions on this forum? You thus far have contributed absolutely nothing to this thread.
Edited by Gromok on 3/7/2013 1:24 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin

You play a video game more than I do, congratulations. Does that not entitle me to post discussion questions on this forum? You thus far have contributed absolutely nothing to this thread.

Actually, he disagreed with you and stated why. He discussed it, and you didn't like the answer so you claimed he wasn't contributing.

You're wrong, it isn't passive, and if you're below them on the meters, maybe you're just not as good as them. It doesn't take someone playing a lot on this game to understand basic mechanics. You're just bad.
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
While IH is not passive in the sense that it is always on, it is still reasonable to call it a passive effect in that it automatically applies to heals cast - you don't have to make an additional choice to add the shield.

If you had a short-cd ability that said "your next heal will also shield the target for x" that would be active.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Eon
As it has been pointed out, our mastery is not a really a passive per se. It works in the same way as Holy getting an extra HoT from the heals they use from their mastery.

That being said, our Mastery has been our top heal on nearly every fight for this entire expansion. It's not like it's anything new. Holy Paladins essentially weren't touched for 5.2. It's not that our mastery is OP, it's just that Disc isn't completely OP, now, so people are noticing it more.

Our mastery/absorbs is also somewhat balanced around the fact that we don't have a "save the raid" CD. Disc priests somewhat similar. Our absorbs are strong, because if we were to fall behind in healing, it's much more difficult for us to catch up, compared to say a Holy Priest that can Divine Hymn, MW Monk that can Revival, Resto Druid that can Tranq, or a Resto Shaman that can HTT.
Edited by Hainiryuun on 3/7/2013 2:08 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Due to the increased number of people playing Holy Paladins you have many more instances of mediocrity when encountering a Paladin.

This means that a good Holy Paladin will always be near or at the top of the meters because Blizz has adjusted our class for the average (where most of the players are not that good).

I actually liked BC more (where playing as a Holy Paladin was a bit depressing) but we were few and far between.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
it is still reasonable to call it a passive effect in that it automatically applies to heals cast - you don't have to make an additional choice to add the shield.

Casting a heal is, by definition, not a passive activity. Heals have "passive" abilities that affect those heals, and they have secondary stats which modify them. I wouldn't consider stats "passive" because you actively choose and implement your stat decisions, whereas true passives are unalterable.
Edited by Duboomchikin on 3/7/2013 2:32 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
Is it just me or are Holy Paladins over tuned? I've raided 10-mans with several different pallies and they always top the healing meters and their Mastery bubble often their #1 heal done...

Just to reiterate: a paladin's #1 heal is a passive applied by their mastery...

Anyone else experienced this?

Honestly Paladins were only being beat BY Disc Priests. Since Disc is nerfed, they are now top. The heals they can do, while remaining at full mana is disgusting.

I think they do need to be brought down some.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid

Honestly Paladins were only being beat BY Disc Priests. Since Disc is nerfed, they are now top.

And technically Paladins we're slightly buffed =)
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman
My guild's paladin beat out me and our druid by a fairly large margin on every fight besides council so far
Reply Quote
63 Dwarf Priest
Holy Paladin mastery IS passive (as is basically every other mastery), as in you do not have to actively try to use it. Just by doing your normal healing it takes effect. Arguing that it's active is like saying that crits are an active way to increase throughput. If you want to be specific, it's a passive bonus to active spells, but it's still passive. It requires no additional thought or input from the player to make use of it.

And yes, it's probably too powerful at the moment in PVE.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
It requires no additional thought or input from the player to make use of it.

It doesn't have to require "additional" input, mastery can potentially affect every spell decision you make.

So basically we're arguing:

-"Passive" - Mastery has no bearing on what I do or what spells I choose to cast, it's simply an uncontrollable bonus to my normal healing.

- "Active" - Mastery can potentially influence every spell decision you make, and could potentially be the main reason for making a decision or taking an action.

I suppose technically they're both right, but I'll stick to saying it's active because it DOES influence decision making and ultimately requires an action to be taken in order to "apply it".
Edited by Duboomchikin on 3/7/2013 3:29 PM PST
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Mage
Or he's going by the way Blizzard defines the mastery bonus, which is a passive ability.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]