Stuck on "Updating Blizzard Update Agent"

90 Human Death Knight
BUMP THIS. I haven't played in days. Tried EVERYTHING. Talked to blizz on phone and through tickets but nothing works. They need to fix this and not have this happen for every patch update!
Reply Quote
Support Forum Agent
Hey Archados,

What type of network are you on? I've seen this commonly happen on college/university networks that have additional security settings. This seems like something is blocking the tools update, which is why you're stuck on that screen.

If you're on this type of network, you will need to contact your local network admin to see if they can the ports listed on our Firewall, Ports and Proxy page and ensure that the WoW.tfil file isn't being blocked either.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Hey Archados,

What type of network are you on? I've seen this commonly happen on college/university networks that have additional security settings. This seems like something is blocking the tools update, which is why you're stuck on that screen.

If you're on this type of network, you will need to contact your local network admin to see if they can the ports listed on our[url="http://us.battle.net/support/article/300479"] Firewall, Ports and Proxy[/url] page and ensure that the WoW.tfil file isn't being blocked either.

That reply is a freaking joke. I have the same issue and this has NOTHING what-so-ever to do with it. It really is funny how your company blames paying customers for their own issues !
Reply Quote
Support Forum Agent
This was more of an inquiry, and does not mean it is the same for everyone, hence the question asked.

If you're having this same issue, feel free to reply with what you're experience and what network type you're on so we can continue troubleshooting.
Reply Quote
I am also having the same issue. Was able to get logged on a few weeks ago without any problem, then one day I started having the agent problem. I've tried everything on all the threads and nothing is working. Agent Updater gets about 60% done, then just hangs. I am on MAC OS 10.6.8, and have had no updates for quite a while. Need a resolution. HELP !!!
Reply Quote
MVP - Technical Support
90 Draenei Mage
I am also having the same issue. Was able to get logged on a few weeks ago without any problem, then one day I started having the agent problem. I've tried everything on all the threads and nothing is working. Agent Updater gets about 60% done, then just hangs. I am on MAC OS 10.6.8, and have had no updates for quite a while. Need a resolution. HELP !!!

Battle.net tools aren't updating.

Try manually updating them :

http://patchup.info/Blizz/tools/Mac/

Restart before attempting to update them of course :)

https://twitter.com/bluspacecow
Reply Quote
20 Tauren Druid
This fixed the same problem for me. Thank you!
Reply Quote
20 Blood Elf Priest
i was just playing 10 minutes ago and my battery died. restarted my comp and now it is stuck on the blizzard update agent. this has also happened to my bf's desktop comp. we both have windows. i am on windows 7. just updated my account and now i can't play..... FIX THIS!!!
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]