Plowing Change

90 Human Hunter
It is nice that plowing pops out the vermin with significant damage, but it has two flaws as implemented:

- You cannot easily gather up multiple vermin if they are in different rows as you could, even if they are close by.

- It leaves the spot with the vermin in it unplowed, so you have to either plow the whole line again or manually plow that spot. It would be nice if it converted it to plowed after you killed the vermin so it would be consistent with the rest of the plowed row.
Reply Quote
Good point. It's just as easy to pop the critters out individually then go plow.
Reply Quote
11 Draenei Paladin
When I plowed over a vermin yesterday and killed it, the plot not only remained unplowed but occupied as well, despite having just killed the vermin. To further complicate the matter the plot was also now unable to be interacted with. I recalled that when standing beside my rows of plots if I changed talent specs it caused them to disappear and would only reappear after leaving the area and returning. So this is what I did and sure enough the plot was not plowed but I was able to interact with it.
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Hunter
When the patch first went life after I killed the vermin that I plowed up it wouldn't even let me till the soil manually or with the plow. Just said "Occupied Soil" over it. Seems to have been fixed now. But it was interesting to say the least.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Since the plots have to be tilled again after killing the virmen... it's easier to just kill the virmen the old way then plow the field.
Reply Quote
Community Manager
It is nice that plowing pops out the vermin with significant damage, but it has two flaws as implemented:

- You cannot easily gather up multiple vermin if they are in different rows as you could, even if they are close by.

- It leaves the spot with the vermin in it unplowed, so you have to either plow the whole line again or manually plow that spot. It would be nice if it converted it to plowed after you killed the vermin so it would be consistent with the rest of the plowed row.

Considering that the plow went over an entire Virmen, uprooting them and all that, a single additional click on the recently disturbed plot of dirt after the commotion is not unexpected.

When the patch first went life after I killed the vermin that I plowed up it wouldn't even let me till the soil manually or with the plow. Just said "Occupied Soil" over it. Seems to have been fixed now. But it was interesting to say the least.

There was a hotfix last night that fixed an issue where Occupied Soil would sometimes not update correctly after clearing the associated Squatting Virmen.

Edit: There was another hotfix to address the issue with Occupied Soil a bit over half an hour ago at the time of this edit. If the issue persists, let us know on the Bug Report forum.
Edited by Rygarius on 3/8/2013 7:59 PM PST
Reply Quote
100 Undead Monk

There was a hotfix last night that fixed an issue where Occupied Soil would sometimes not update correctly after clearing the associated Squatting Virmen.

Very sorry to report this, but the hotfix didn't work.

On this character, there's still a patch of Occupied Soil that hasn't updated; the virmen's been dead for an hour and a half, I can't plow it, I can't pull another one out.

(edited to add)
http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8513/8536656213_0418c8e982.jpg

Screenshot taken one minute ago.
Edited by Grummulthrus on 3/7/2013 11:34 AM PST
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Death Knight
I'd rather we just get a small side plot or something that gives them turnips.

I don't object to virmen.

I merely object to virmen in my plots.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Paladin
I too can report that I still get "occupied soil" after using the plow as of an hour ago. However, if I fly away far enough to let the farm phase out, then back again it's fine and I can till it. Hope this helps get it fixed.
Reply Quote
Community Manager
Very sorry to report this, but the hotfix didn't work.

On this character, there's still a patch of Occupied Soil that hasn't updated; the virmen's been dead for an hour and a half, I can't plow it, I can't pull another one out.

(edited to add)
http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8513/8536656213_0418c8e982.jpg

Screenshot taken one minute ago.

If you can create a new thread on the Bug Report forum with additional information on the sequence of events (and when) that happened it'll help us track the issue down.
Reply Quote
100 Human Priest
The hotfix didn't work. I still have "Occupied Soil" and can't plow now till.
Reply Quote
100 Dwarf Hunter
To second what another person said, no, the hotfix didn't work. I had to relog to get a fresh virmen to kill to actually use the plot.

And if it is intended that knocking a virmen out of the plot doesn't update the soil to tilled, then the patch notes were misleading.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
03/07/2013 11:25 AMPosted by Rygarius
Considering that the plow went over an entire Virmen, uprooting them and all that, a single additional click on the recently disturbed plot of dirt after the commotion is not unexpected.

While that might be realistic, I find that it negates much of the value of this "improvement" to the ranch.
Reply Quote
93 Troll Monk

Let me see if I can understand the "Logic" of what the original intent was behind this change.

You guys thought that we didn't like vermin cause it added time onto our farming thing(correct), so you decided to then have one of the tools that's designed to save time by keeping you from having to click each plot to also uproot the vermin(smart so far).

....then you decide that it should just uproot the vermin and still leave behind untilled soil, so you can then have to cover and manually click that one spot, thus eliminating the positive of the plow in the first place? How is there ANY logic behind that decision whatsoever? You have to disturb the soil to get the vermin out. If it also damages the vermin in the first place, and the plow CONTINUES and further effects the soil after it, why the hell does it not effect the soil the vermin is in? Is it MAGIC soil?
Edited by Chie on 3/7/2013 12:12 PM PST
Reply Quote
100 Pandaren Monk
When I plowed over a vermin yesterday and killed it, the plot not only remained unplowed but occupied as well, despite having just killed the vermin. To further complicate the matter the plot was also now unable to be interacted with. I recalled that when standing beside my rows of plots if I changed talent specs it caused them to disappear and would only reappear after leaving the area and returning. So this is what I did and sure enough the plot was not plowed but I was able to interact with it.

Huh, this happened to me, but I had no idea about the changing talent specs thing. I just left the area and came back and it had reset.

Excellent >:D
Edited by Kaiylee on 3/7/2013 12:14 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Rogue

Let me see if I can understand the "Logic" of what the original intent was behind this change.

You guys thought that we didn't like vermin cause it added time onto our farming thing(correct), so you decided to then have one of the tools that's designed to save time by keeping you from having to click each plot to also uproot the vermin(smart so far).

....then you decide that it should just uproot the vermin and still leave behind untilled soil, so you can then have to cover and manually click that one spot, thus eliminating the positive of the plow in the first place? How is there ANY logic behind that decision whatsoever? You have to disturb the soil to get the vermin out. If it also damages the vermin in the first place, and the plow CONTINUES and further effects the soil after it, why the hell does it not effect the soil the vermin is in? Is it MAGIC soil?

Angry over a few seconds? Calm down bud. No matter how you look at it, the time you save is there, be it a few seconds or more. It's far more noticeable in the cases that multiple plots in a single row are occupied. So you end up spending 2sec either clicking that plot or 3sec running the plow again... big whoop? Again, you still save on time, especially when you consider that you had to do that anyway before.
Edited by Kiero on 3/7/2013 12:16 PM PST
Reply Quote
11 Draenei Paladin
Huh, this happened to me, but I had no idea about the changing talent specs thing. I just left the area and came back and it had reset.

Neither did I until I discovered it by accident and I was hoping the phase change would force the plot to reset (which it did) as having left the area and returned to find the plot still not updated.
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Death Knight
Ummm...

Pre-5.2, when I used the plow, any "occupied soil" stayed occupied. I had to fight the virmen, then manually till the soil.

Once the bug is hotfixed, what happens now is I use my plow, the "occupied soil" ejects a stunned and mostly-dead virmen, and I fight it. At which point, I do like pre-5.2, and manually till the soil.

So the time savings (again, once the bug is completely fixed) is in not having to fight a virmen from 100% health and able to fight. Instead, you get them at 30% health, and get a short amount of time to do burst damage.

They made the virmen easier to fight. But you still have to manually till the soil they occupied.
Reply Quote
Poor little virmen! They look so pathetically hurt now when ran over by the plow. I feel bad doing them that way.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
Poor little virmen! They look so pathetically hurt now when ran over by the plow. I feel bad doing them that way.

Calling it now: virmin are failed Gnome Druids.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]