Plowing Change

100 Night Elf Druid
Its easier to now just go over and click-kill the vermin before running the master plow because it takes a few seconds to manually till.

Tilling takes about 1 GCD. If you can kill the full HP virmen faster than that, I think your spec may need a nerf.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warlock
While we are on the topic of Sunsong ranch changes, what does:

The yield from special crops has been improved to make farming them competitive with gathering these items out in the world.

Mean exactly? I've tried planting enigma seeds which grow herbs, but there hasn't been any increase, I got 1-4 non lotus herb per plot before the patch and the same after.
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Mage
I think that Dog, once you get him at the farm, should take care of the vermin automatically. Sould be named "Worthless Dog" otherwise.
Reply Quote
100 Undead Priest
03/07/2013 11:25 AMPosted by Rygarius
Considering that the plow went over an entire Virmen, uprooting them and all that, a single additional click on the recently disturbed plot of dirt after the commotion is not unexpected.

This is intended behavior?!
I just assumed it was a bug since it makes NO sense. What is the point of a QoL change if it doesn't improve QoL at all?

I don't get it...
Reply Quote
100 Human Rogue

That's a good one. I'll keep that counter in mind for next week's meeting. :D

Soil "Enhanced": 0000
Reply Quote
90 Human Hunter
I think it would be cool if you could hire someone to deal with the weeds for you. I hate doing the thing with the weeds. YES I KNOW it only takes a few minutes, but it's just annoying busy work, and it isn't fun. Just make it like the watering system and pest repellants, you have to build up to it.

That would be a good gold sink too. Make it reasonable, but sufficient.

03/08/2013 09:00 AMPosted by Lukar
Considering that the plow went over an entire Virmen, uprooting them and all that, a single additional click on the recently disturbed plot of dirt after the commotion is not unexpected.

Considering I just smashed a very tiny creature with a giant metal plow, why is it not crushed into a pulp and turned into a bloody fertilizer to increase the nutrients in the soil?

I like that. We should get a "bursting" plant in that plot!
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Warrior
I'd rather just see the plow kill them instantly and or the dog go kill them and the cat kills the birds...spent cash on that princess jinyu thing and sonic bug killer and scarecrow thing doesn't do diddly squat. Spend 5 mins dickin around already with planting seeds to have to mess with them...pulling weeds etc is fine just get tired of having to #%!!!!** with mobs. And I don't think that these mobs should be lvl 90 either maybe 86 like the zone is so they got less armor and hp and spend less time killing them.
Reply Quote
MVP
90 Human Mage
03/08/2013 07:49 PMPosted by Rygarius
Considering I just smashed a very tiny creature with a giant metal plow, why is it not crushed into a pulp and turned into a bloody fertilizer to increase the nutrients in the soil?

You might refer to it as a "wee, sleekit, cowran, tim'rous beastie."
88 Gnome Mage
I wasn't screaming for a nerf to vermin in the first place. This change ends up being irrelevant, since it's still much faster and more efficient to pop the vermin the old way and kill them all at once, then plow the whole field.

The only way I could see this actually being a timesaver is if the plot wound up plowed at the end AND the vermin stayed stunned long enough for me to plow all 4 rows before starting to kill them.

A+ for trying to make a little farming QOL improvement.
D- on execution.

P.S. My pessimistic prediction of the month: Since everyone will ignore their poorly thought out new "feature" Blizz will hotfix the vermin to have 300% more health and damage, thus forcing the silly new plowstun system to be more optimal. :-P
Reply Quote
100 Undead Monk
03/08/2013 07:49 PMPosted by Rygarius

FYI: It happened to me this morning, post hotfix. I plowed occupied soil, killed vermin, and it still says occupied. I cannot do anything with that spot now until the status somehow changes.

There was another hotfix to address the issue with Occupied Soil a bit over half an hour ago. If the issue persists, let us know on the Bug Report forum.

That hotfix corrected my occupied soil problem. Thanks!
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Death Knight
Though my DK can AOE down any number of vermin, the plow is nice for my casters. I agree with those who say it's a pain to go back and have to till them individually. It seems that I've already tilled the soil once and shouldn't have to do it again. I also think it would be nice to get an extra chance of plump crops where you've plowed a vermin.

PS: Thanks for the work orders. It's great for helping out alts.
Reply Quote
37 Pandaren Warrior
I think its easier, especially when there are 4+ vermin/birds to just click them individually and AE them down.
Reply Quote
91 Worgen Death Knight
Yeah, if you get the persistent occupied soil the only cure seems to be logging out (reload UI doesn't fix it). It's simpler just to kill the damned virmen. LOL at Blizzard testing.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Rogue
As for why the plow doesn't till the soil the vermin it hit came out of, that would be exploitable (although minor). You could just plow all the spaces, then run off the farm without killing the vermin. Then you wouldn't have to fight them at all, and your spaces would still be plowed. They obviously don't want us to get out scott free from having to deal with vermin, so this is their answer.
Reply Quote
63 Tauren Death Knight
i thought this was wow, not farmville, who cares !!
Reply Quote
15 Undead Warlock
I loved the garden when it first came out but day after day after day of those stupid birds and vermin has made the garden a place i want to void now. it's no longer any fun to garden.
Reply Quote
100 Human Warrior
Why doesn't it remove weeds? Isn't that one of the main reasons for plowing?
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]