Sick of premades

90 Human Warrior
The flaw in this post is that there have been many bg's I've run and been grouped with 2-3 players from my server. Just because they are from the same sevrer doesn't mean they are grouped together.

The flaw in your post is that you're assuming I don't know how to hover my cursor over a toon and read their guild name, to determine if it's an obvious premade or just randoms from the same realm.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Death Knight
Didn't read, but all I got from the bit I did read was "nerf friends'
Reply Quote
100 Orc Warrior
03/07/2013 07:08 PMPosted by Kiaransali
you guys ever sit and wonder where the complaint chain will go?
It will never end & the bads will never realize that they are usually just outplayed. The first step to solving a problem is admitting you have one.... blaming premades for every lopsided loss (when in many cases you got rolled by another pug) is part of this denial.

Who's the baddie? The one who solo queues, plays objectives and may not have the best gear ( yet), or the people that need to be in a premade with ( probably) better gear so they can have the clear advantage? It's not a matter of being outplayed, it's a matter of playing handicapped.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Death Knight
I was in an ab earlier, queued with my gf and we ended up with 7 other tich players from 4 different/separate queues
Reply Quote
90 Orc Death Knight
It definitely wasn't an oqueue premade, no roles were auto set by oqueue, except mine (I used it for rbgs as there was literally one horde rbg team on my old server) and these guys were mostly from different guilds
Edited by Verfaulen on 3/8/2013 6:46 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Undead Mage
Who's the baddie? The one who solo queues, plays objectives and may not have the best gear ( yet), or the people that need to be in a premade with ( probably) better gear so they can have the clear advantage? It's not a matter of being outplayed, it's a matter of playing handicapped.
I also solo queue & play objectives. The problem is most solo queuers DON'T play objectives... they screw around in mid or on the roads. As for gear I am sick of people perpetuating the falsehood that pugs are always (or even usually) running around in bad gear while premades are always (or even usually) decked out in the best gear. Most of the players I saw last season on OQueue were around 460-465 item level... that's upgraded dreadful.

The scenario of the poor, hapless pug in bad gear getting steamrolled by premades in full malev is exceedingly rare. In most cases it's pugs in mediocre gear playing badly & getting beat by a premade of players also in mediocre gear.

I realize your case may be an exception, but as i said, oqueue is a huge factor in premades
During peak hours around 10 BG premades running & typically 7-8 are 5 mans. During the day it is usually 0-3 premades & all are 5 mans. OQueue premades is a small % of the BGs running at one time & 6+ premades an even smaller %.
Edited by Kiaransali on 3/8/2013 6:48 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Undead Rogue
Premades are not the problem. The problem is that the puggers are getting more whiny, entitled & incompetent with every passing season

How do us puggers get gear against full premade teams rolling pugs with already elite gear?
Reply Quote
90 Undead Mage
How do us puggers get gear against full premade teams rolling pugs with already elite gear?
Panic STOP PERPETUATING A FALLACY. It is very, very rare for OQueue premades to be geared. As I have said many times it is very often players around 460-465 item level. Some are geared like me & some are below 460 item level (so this cancels out). You can see the item levels of other OQueue players so I know what I'm talking about.

I have also stated many times that I have beaten better geared alliance teams (with more healers) on countless occassions & yet this fact is ignored because it doesn't fit with the hyperbole of a poorly geared pug getting steam rolled by a premade of full malev players (which again is quite rare).
Reply Quote
Maybe I'm wrong but doesn't Blizzard try to match premades with other premades, but if there's not enough in queue you get mostly a pug with maybe 2-3 people working together? I know when I'm playing with friends it seems like we go up against more premades than when I queue solo.
Reply Quote
100 Orc Warrior
03/08/2013 06:52 AMPosted by Kiaransali
Panic STOP PERPETUATING A FALLACY. It is very, very rare for OQueue premades to be geared. As I have said many times it is very often players around 460-465 item level. Some are geared like me & some are below 460 item level (so this cancels out). You can see the item levels of other OQueue players so I know what I'm talking about.

I have also stated many times that I have beaten better geared alliance teams (with more healers) on countless occassions & yet this fact is ignored because it doesn't fit with the hyperbole of a poorly geared pug getting steam rolled by a premade of full malev players (which again is quite rare).

Ah, because you haven't experienced it ( or rarely do), it's a fallacy? I've ran into plenty of premades that were very geared. It's not as rare as you make it out to be. Top that off with not having healers, which is all too common in pugs, against a premade with healers, and it's almost certainly a loss. The solution isn't "get friends, queue up", the solution is already in place: want to play with friends? Do rateds. Solo queuers shouldn't be fodder for bored premades.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Mage
03/08/2013 07:27 AMPosted by Belligerent
Ah, because you haven't experienced it ( or rarely do), it's a fallacy?
I understand experiences vary, but yea I am throwing the BS flag on the posters always saying that poorly geared pugs are getting constantly rolled by geared premades. Yes this happens, but for the most part this scenario is hyperbole.

The solution isn't "get friends, queue up", the solution is already in place: want to play with friends? Do rateds. Solo queuers shouldn't be fodder for bored premades.
This is just rhetoric. Most "premades" are legit 5 mans. Last time I checked you can't do RBGs with 5 people. I like to sign on, find a group & be PvPing within a few minutes. RBGs take much longer to set up/find & besides randoms are meant for EVERYONE. If 5 players want to group up (for whatever reason... usually not to "stomp pugs") then they are within their rights to do so.

Just because some players refuse to group up does not mean other players shouldn't have the option to group up. I for one am tired of bots, AFKers, awful players & players ignoring objectives being the bulk of the pugging pool of players (some are good & try to win, but they are the minority). My money is just as good as the pugger's money & my time just as valuable, so don't try to persuade Blizzard to bend to your preferences and screw over players that desire to run with other competent players with a similar desire to win.
Edited by Kiaransali on 3/8/2013 7:42 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Undead Mage
Not to mention if premades were as prevalent as some think then solo players would be placed in premades fairly often (premades are almost never full, to facilitate getting decent queues).
Reply Quote
90 Undead Mage
At least what you have to say usually makes some sort of sense... But this? Now you don't even want people to ask for changes? Did I miss another change while I was napping or something?
Not when that change is unfair, unnecessary and directly affects other players that are doing something (grouping) that is the cornerstone of PvP (defeating your enemy via collective effort).
Reply Quote
100 Orc Warrior
Ah, because you haven't experienced it ( or rarely do), it's a fallacy?
I understand experiences vary, but yea I am throwing the BS flag on the posters always saying that poorly geared pugs are getting constantly rolled by geared premades. Yes this happens, but for the most part this scenario is hyperbole.

The solution isn't "get friends, queue up", the solution is already in place: want to play with friends? Do rateds. Solo queuers shouldn't be fodder for bored premades.
This is just rhetoric. Most "premades" are legit 5 mans. Last time I checked you can't do RBGs with 5 people. I like to sign on, find a group & be PvPing within a few minutes. RBGs take much longer to set up/find & besides randoms are meant for EVERYONE. If 5 players want to group up (for whatever reason... usually not to "stomp pugs") then they are within their rights to do so.

Just because some players refuse to group up does not mean other players shouldn't have the option to group up. I for one am tired of bots, AFKers, awful players & players ignoring objectives being the bulk of the pugging pool of players (some are good & try to win, but they are the minority). My money is just as good as the pugger's money & my time just as valuable, so don't try to persuade Blizzard to bend to your preferences and screw over players that desire to run with other competent players with a similar desire to win.

It's not always a matter of solely gear when it comes to premades VS PUGs. Having a 5 man premade in WSG/TP with a decently geared FC and some heals is pretty much unstoppable against your average pug, as an example. Having a 5 man team roving in AB, BoG, EotS capping nodes can be a force to reckoned with. What do premades group up for, if not for some advantage in gear, communication and class make-up? These are what allow you to stomp pugs. So no, technically not everyone goes with premades to stomp pugs, but the result is exactly that.

It's not a matter of refusing to group with other players. Perhaps people don't have friends that PVP, or their server is low pop, or they play during off-peak hours, that they can't premade. As a solo queuer, I am just as tired of bots, AFKers, HK farmers, people that I can't communicate effectively with ( brilliant sticking us with Latin American and Brazilian servers) as you or anyone else is. To paraphrase, my money is just as good as yours, and I (nor any solo queuer) shouldn't be screwed over to placate those who want to premade, when there are other avenues ( as time consuming as it may be for them to set-up) for group play. Solo queuers have no other option.
Edited by Belligerent on 3/8/2013 8:06 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Undead Mage
Hence the compromise Belligerent: 5 man groups. Since we agree our time & money are equally valuable this is the only fair solution.
Edited by Kiaransali on 3/8/2013 8:40 AM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]