Pet battle exp

90 Gnome Monk
Only 6k exp per win at level 85? You might as well just remove exp gain all together..
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
I agree. I finally thought blizzard threw alt levelers a bone by giving us another way to level but then they ruin it. Wonder if they lost more pet battlers then gained with this change that was intended to bring more pet battlers.
Reply Quote
100 Human Death Knight
Actually if you go out to a level appropriate zone you still get a good chunk of exp, I got 60k for doing a pet battle right below Dalaran on a level 75 toon. All they did was prevented you from farming critters in SW.
Reply Quote
92 Pandaren Shaman
Basically useless now, it's faster and you get more xp just to grind minions let alone questing.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Priest
Waaaaaaaaah, I can't exploit an obvious bug anymore. Waaaaaaaah.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
Actually if you go out to a level appropriate zone you still get a good chunk of exp, I got 60k for doing a pet battle right below Dalaran on a level 75 toon. All they did was prevented you from farming critters in SW.

Thanks for the info mishaela. Is that the amount you are getting from quests as well?
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk

It wasn't a bug it was intended. The bug being exploited was people stacking xp bonuses to go 1-85 in an hour or two. Learn your facts before looking like an idiot
Reply Quote
Im only getting 10 exp a fight in Eleywen forest with a level 6 warlock. How is this right? I am starting over with new pets i just caught at level 1, still ONLY getting 10 exp a fight. This is bull crap if you ask me.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Priest
03/08/2013 10:09 AMPosted by Cuongi

It wasn't a bug it was intended. The bug being exploited was people stacking xp bonuses to go 1-85 in an hour or two. Learn your facts before looking like an idiot

If it wasn't a bug it wouldn't have been hotfixed, now would it?
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
03/08/2013 10:19 AMPosted by Anuwyn

If it wasn't a bug it wouldn't have been hotfixed, now would it?

It was hot fixed due to people using the xp bonuses. Pet leveling can still be done. Your point is moot sorry to tell ya :/
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Druid
Why should a pet battle give the same xp as a quest?

Make the xp be roughly what you'd get for killing a mob.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
Why should a pet battle give the same xp as a quest?

Make the xp be roughly what you'd get for killing a mob.

Because then its easier to just go kill the mob. The change wasn't intended for those who already enjoy pet battles. It was intended for those who do not pet battle because they do not see an incentive. And lets face it incentives for doing something is what WoW has become. I for one would have never looked at pet battling if they didn't add xp.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Shaman
It takes < 10 seconds to kill a mob. It takes much longer to do a pet battle.

I'm getting drastically reduced EXP on my level 68 in PvP matches. PvP matches tend to pit me against higher level pets, when I won (pre-hot-fix) and got 20kexp I was hyped. Because:

A: I don't win every game in PvP
B: Player PvP matches last for several minutes
C: The EXP reward was similar in what I would take to do a quest, I do quests about that fast, and quests have a 0% chance of me losing due to random dodges or critical hits

It seemed pretty fair to me. But now I'm getting 4-6k EXP... :(
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]