Holy Paladin 2pc Bonus for Tier 15

90 Blood Elf Paladin
I don't know about anyone else but I think the 2pc of Tier 15 Holy Paladin is extremely weak and needs to be re-done, for three hours last night I was doing Megaera and Ji-Kun. Both fights have some pretty frequent and intense stack and heal phases so I chose the logs of last night to look at how much healing Daybreak had done, seeing as how they see a lot of Daybreak use on the stack phases. Overall, Daybreak is 2%~ of my healing on average over all the boss attempts. So what? My bonus will let that heal for 3%~ instead? Whoopee. It might as well not be a bonus at all, honestly, I can't see getting my two piece being a beneficial heal increase at all beyond the upgrade in gear itself. I think this is something that needs tuning. Just my opinion.
Edited by Pessimism on 3/8/2013 7:35 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
You're worried about the 2-piece. The 4-piece is even worse.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
You're worried about the 2-piece. The 4-piece is even worse.

Beacon ends up being 11%~ of my overall healing and a buff to it would only help keep a tank stable during the fight. It's not a great 4pc, but I'm okay with it personally.
Reply Quote
90 Human Monk
daybreak is more beneficial in 10m instead of 25m, due to the holy shock spells being spread evenly to all stacked targets. Less targets means less spreading, thus bigger heals per person.

2pc might be worthwhile if the heals 100% (from 50%), as well as makes the holy shock crit 100% after holy radiance.
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
If you're starting from scratch, I can see taking this set bonus. As it stands if you have t14, or upgraded 14, i really don't see dropping a 2 second reduction on holy shock being remotely worth it.

It would not surprise me if it was worth keeping t14 normal until t15 heroic, and any 500+ ilvl t14 being worth keeping until upgraded heroic t15.

I just think that the 2 set is complete garbage, and might be beneficial in certain 25 man situations. However, it's really about the 4 set. The throughput impact of increasing holy shock CD is too high. Unless you have enough mana regen left over to make up the HP generation through flash of light (which seems absurd), the 4 set bonus and stat weights would have to be massive to make up the difference.

The real question is whether or not pallies will be using 517 t14 for next tier, or 543 t15. For those of us just looking at whether it's worth the upgrade to 522 t15 4 set, I'm guessing the answer is sadly no.

I'd love to see some numbers, not sure if this is the easiest thing to sim, but I really think this set is garbage.

I mean, a new tier should never be significantly worse than the old one. I think you'll find most paladins in HM progression raiding skip over this tier almost entirely.

I'm not asking for a huge buff, but man, it's a terrible feeling that I might be better off grabbing the rest of my HM t14, and waiting til I can upgrade it in 5.3 than take HM t15 that could go to others.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
I've decided to forgo using T15 for the time being. T14 set bonuses are just too amazing to pass up.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Eon
If you have T14 4pc, don't break it until you have full T15 4pc ready to go. And even then, T14 4pc is still better on a lot of the fights.
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
I did some number crunching on 2 T14 and 2 T15 vs. 4 T14, and the results actually surprised me. In a 3 minute test where i only used holy light, holy shock on CD, adn eternal flame on 3 HP, i healed for .5 million more with 2 and 2, and didn't go OOM till 3 min marker, vs. when i went with full T14 gear, i went oom at 2 minutes (had to pop potion and divine plea to make it to 3 minutes).

As much as the holy shock has become the 'bread and butter' for the most part, the extra stats on T15 had me healing 3k more every heal, and forced me to use holy light more (which with beacon is the best heal).

It seems like you're healing a lot less though, but i'm finding the stats may make up for the lack of holy shock every so often.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
I did some number crunching on 2 T14 and 2 T15 vs. 4 T14, and the results actually surprised me. In a 3 minute test where i only used holy light, holy shock on CD, adn eternal flame on 3 HP, i healed for .5 million more with 2 and 2, and didn't go OOM till 3 min marker, vs. when i went with full T14 gear, i went oom at 2 minutes (had to pop potion and divine plea to make it to 3 minutes).

As much as the holy shock has become the 'bread and butter' for the most part, the extra stats on T15 had me healing 3k more every heal, and forced me to use holy light more (which with beacon is the best heal).

It seems like you're healing a lot less though, but i'm finding the stats may make up for the lack of holy shock every so often.

It's definitely more powerful, but god it feels slow in comparison. With the adrenaline pumping, those extra 2 seconds are an eternity, but the power is there.

I've found myself using HL much more than before, which in turn is just making my beacon more stable. I hardly have to direct heal him anymore, unless it's raid damage.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
daybreak is more beneficial in 10m instead of 25m, due to the holy shock spells being spread evenly to all stacked targets. Less targets means less spreading, thus bigger heals per person.

2pc might be worthwhile if the heals 100% (from 50%), as well as makes the holy shock crit 100% after holy radiance.

lol wat. no.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
With the change to Daybreak, I think the T15 2pc will be worth picking up if you make sure to 2 stack Daybreak every cast, which if you're using on a 6 second HS CD, two HR/HS rotation happens all the time for heavy aoe healing. Personally gonna pick up the shoulder and helm of tier since they're Spirit/Mastery then just keep other well itemized plate instead of going for 4pc.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
This was exactly the thread I was looking for. I found my AOE healing dropped significantly when going from:

T14 491 Helm/504 Gloves w/ 4 piece T14 bonus
to
T15 502 Helm/522 Gloves w/ 2 piece T15 & 2 piece T14 bonus

I was wondering if I just needed to change my play style more or if the 2 sec CD (which is being nerfed to 1 sec CD in 5.3) was that much of a bonus.

I found the added EF and LoD casts significantly increased my healing and the fact that EF was transferred through beacon all those heals kept the tank more stable. Also even with the daybreak buff I found myself unable to take advantage of it with the 6 sec CD on HS and keeping HS on CD to maximize HP.

My only question is if there has been any theory crafting on this to back it up? Seeing the nerf to the set bonus makes me think I should be sticking with that. After gemming, reforging, enchanting I saw an increase of about 300 spell power and 360 combat MP5 with the new gear which seemed a low tradeoff.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]