Shuriken Toss needs a higher

90 Dwarf Shaman
Energy cost or a cd on it . It is simple retarded that a rogue can have the best of both worlds range dmg and melee dmg. I'm all for rogues being fixed by I will not sit and watch something like this . A rogue in an av today was wearing the warglaives of azzinoth.

The dmg was almost 20k hits now that might not seem like much but when the cost to use the damn thing is 20 and high energy pool its dumb. They was crits but my issue is he had the level 70 gear on and hit me like that . I have 67 resil...

whats the point of kitting a melee when there is this
Edited by Skinwalkers on 3/8/2013 9:13 AM PST
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
Honestly, I'm less concerned about ST, and more concerned that with more rogues being played, I have to worry more about smoke bombs =/
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
I have 67 resil...

03/08/2013 09:12 AMPosted by Skinwalkers
They was crits

03/08/2013 09:12 AMPosted by Skinwalkers
. It is simple retarded
Reply Quote
39 Night Elf Druid
Energy cost or a cd on it . It is simple retarded that a rogue can have the best of both worlds range dmg and melee dmg. I'm all for rogues being fixed by I will not sit and watch something like this . A rogue in an av today was wearing the warglaives of azzinoth.

The dmg was almost 20k hits now that might not seem like much but when the cost to use the damn thing is 20 and high energy pool its dumb. They was crits but my issue is he had the level 70 gear on and hit me like that . I have 67 resil...

whats the point of kitting a melee when there is this

I actually agree. When I saw this ability I thought I can't wait to get my rogue to 90 and then I can not only melee, but range some as well, this will be neat.

It is working a little TOO good though. I mean, it' crazy effective. Especially with the fact that is applies poisons.

It could use some "tuning".
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Shaman
Well I wouldn't want them to be nerfed to the ground I just don't think a melee should have that much advantage . It pretty much kills the reason to kit a rogue that is the thing range do and melee have to overcome it not just be like ok I'll range too. It needs a cd or something where it can't be just spammed .
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
It does seem to need tweaking. Kiting a rogue is pointless now as he just spams ST and recuperation. Outside of stuns the rogues I've dueled didn't even have to try hard. They didn't even attempt to get back in melee range. They stand in bomb and spam shriken toss and recuperation.

I can say its a bit early to tell cause I haven't faced any rogues in a competitive environment yet, but the mechanics of a rogue not needing to be in melee range to be effective if not more than a few seconds to apply stuns and poisons, then being kites has no disadvantage to them.

I'm not one to QQ on forums so I'm just asking for some feedback from rogues.
Any rogues have any tips on how to counter?
Reply Quote
This was beat to death on the PTR.

blizz ignored it
Reply Quote
90 Undead Monk

blizz ignored it
Reply Quote
96 Human Rogue
03/08/2013 04:53 PMPosted by Khizzash
It pretty much kills the reason to kit a rogue that is the thing range do and melee have to overcome it not just be like ok I'll range too

Rogues do not have the tools to overcome it. They used to, but there are just too many ranged gap-creators in the current game, while rogues have stayed essentially the same for 6 years. Notice all the new mobility talents for every melee, even pallies and dks.

We got...shadowstep. Yes, the same shadowstep from BC.

Would you rather rogues have a ranged attack, or freedom from root/snare like a feral (the closest comparison in role and strength/weakness)?

Rogues would certainly prefer the latter, but I think if you think about it a little, you will prefer ST+DT as a rogue enemy.

Imo the class with that much burst and control should have weak mobility.
Reply Quote
03/08/2013 05:05 PMPosted by Esclamayshun

Rogues do not have the tools to overcome it. They used to, but there are just too many ranged gap-creators in the current game, while rogues have stayed essentially the same for 6 years. Notice all the new mobility talents for every melee, even pallies and dks.

We got...shadowstep. Yes, the same shadowstep from BC.

Would you rather rogues have a ranged attack, or freedom from root/snare like a feral (the closest comparison in role and strength/weakness)?

Rogues would certainly prefer the latter, but I think if you think about it a little, you will prefer ST+DT as a rogue enemy.

ferals totally have crap mobility and no control .....
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Mage

blizz ignored it

^ This
Reply Quote
96 Human Rogue

ferals totally have crap mobility and no control .....

Feral control is nowhere near as potent as a rogue. And it's probably be a better argument to simply compare utility. Rogue toolkit is unmatched. The burst is some of the highest in the game. Survival and mobility should be low.
Edited by Esclamayshun on 3/8/2013 5:34 PM PST
Reply Quote
96 Human Rogue
In case you guys haven't noticed, all the complaints that blizzard has recieved has turned PVP into a melting pot. REALIZE this.

They are not ever going to 'fix' anything. Everyone is going to have the same abilities, that is their way.

Blizzard has a nasty tendency to promote class representation by blinding buffing classes with low representation and slowly tuning them back over a few months.
Edited by Esclamayshun on 3/8/2013 5:50 PM PST
Reply Quote
60 Human Death Knight
03/08/2013 05:48 PMPosted by Tooskosa
i agree that st is stupid

After actually using it first hand...

<.<
>.>

...I could see maybe 25 energy.

/fleethread
Edited by Warglaive on 3/8/2013 6:41 PM PST
Reply Quote
1 Draenei Shaman
Give it a CD and let it apply crippling at 70%.

Gives you a better gap closer, which is what melee should be doing in the first place, and doesn't penalize range for creating the gap with dmg.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]