RoP Size?

90 Human Monk
I'm not sure if it has been addressed yet, but the size of our ring of peace greatly changes between races. On my gnome it's a very small bubble but when I have my smite compass activated (making me a tauren ) the bubble is massive. (I have screen shots of each but I do not know how to post them.)
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
spinning crane kick actually does the same thing
Reply Quote
90 Human Monk
Is the area of effect also changing? If so then that'd be a bug. But for animation purposes it has seemed intentional for it to scale based on avatar size.
Reply Quote
90 Human Monk
This I don't know, I'll do further testing
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Priest
You'd think it would be the same size no matter what.

If you're fighting a gnome monk and their ring is tiny, and then you fight a tauren monk and their ring is huge, it's going to influence how far you feel you need to move to get out of the ring.

So if the area of effect is larger than some races' graphic and smaller than others', it seems like that would put a lot of people at a disadvantage.
Reply Quote
100 Human Monk
More than likely a visual glitch. The same thing happens with rogues and Shroud of Concealment where some races' aoe graphic is larger than others (mostly noticeable when you turn into a huge npc via Glyph of Pick Pocket), but the actual effective radius remains the same.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Rogue
This ability needs to be nerfed. The CD is way too short for an AoE disarm. Just saying a melee cleave team will never kill me again with a MW Monk as my healer. That and MW were already tough enough to kill as melee. Why would they give them such a powerful ability as healers on such a short CD? By the time you get any uptime on them it is up again. Should be spec specific for non MW only imo if they're going to keep it at 30 seconds.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
If anything needs to be nerfed, it's rogues.
Reply Quote
80 Draenei Paladin
This ability needs to be nerfed. The CD is way too short for an AoE disarm. Just saying a melee cleave team will never kill me again with a MW Monk as my healer. That and MW were already tough enough to kill as melee. Why would they give them such a powerful ability as healers on such a short CD? By the time you get any uptime on them it is up again. Should be spec specific for non MW only imo if they're going to keep it at 30 seconds.

Have you seen your class?
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Rogue
Have you seen your class?

Yea wait till you see a Thugcleave with a MW Monk as the healer. You'll probably be saying Rogues need nerfs, but the main reason the Rogue is still alive is because of this ability. Having Prep baseline and being able to have SS again together is just icing on the cake. There is no possible way to burst a Rogue with a MW Monk healing him. Between SS and RoP he will always have a way out, and let's not forget 2 Vanishes.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]