So uhh parses are up on WOL. Mages=ajoke

90 Worgen Mage
03/08/2013 12:39 PMPosted by Odomus
No, we really don't. We can't just switch to a healing spec.

Yes, because I chose elemental to heal. I hate healing. Stop using that tired argument. Elemental had horrible DPS since MoP launched, and for quite a time before that. So heal or GTFO?

"Yes, because I chose mage to use a pet, I hate pets. Stop using that tired argument. Fire has horrible dps since the cm nerf, and will until I reach heroic gear levels. So frost or GTFO?"

HEY LOOK COMPARISONS.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
You're right. We should just change specs so that we can raid like you can. Oh... wait...

Yeah, I'm sure every guild loves their DPS announcing that they won't be DPSing anymore, and will be healing. I know every time someone's announced an alt or role switch, it wasn't a major pain that required recruiting to fill holes, or outright unfeasible.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Mage
03/08/2013 12:39 PMPosted by Odomus
No, we really don't. We can't just switch to a healing spec.

Yes, because I chose elemental to heal. I hate healing. Stop using that tired argument. Elemental had horrible DPS since MoP launched, and for quite a time before that. So heal or GTFO?

You hate healing? Hm. Why even bother with a hybrid then? I recently rolled a druid specifically so I could heal OR DPS. I might even try tanking. It would never cross my mind to roll a hybrid for pure DPS.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Shaman
03/08/2013 12:52 PMPosted by Harlach

"Yes, because I chose mage to use a pet, I hate pets. Stop using that tired argument. Fire has horrible dps since the cm nerf, and will until I reach heroic gear levels. So frost or GTFO?"

HEY LOOK COMPARISONS.

Where did I say switching specs was the answer? That's right, I didn't.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid

Um, according to the parse mages are QQing over, enhancement is right down there. And trying to drag resto into a DPS conversation? Um, yeah.

You're right. We should just change specs so that we can raid like you can. Oh... wait...

Let me tell my guild I'm switching to resto, let's see how well that goes over.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Mage
03/08/2013 12:56 PMPosted by Serinicas

Yeah, I'm sure every guild loves their DPS announcing that they won't be DPSing anymore, and will be healing. I know every time someone's announced an alt or role switch, it wasn't a major pain that required recruiting to fill holes, or outright unfeasible.

It doesn't work like that. No one just decides to heal all of a sudden. It goes like this:

RL: "Hey Bob, we need to 3-heal this - can you switch to heal spec?"
Bob: "Sure thing."

For mages it goes like this:

RL: "Hey Bob, we need to 3-heal this - can you leave group?"
Bob: "Um... yeah... okay..."

But to be fair the question is also often "can you switch to your healer."
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Shaman
Look, is it possible that they overnerfed mages? Of course. But I think it's too soon to make any definitive conclusions. They buffed elemental, admitting that the DPS was too low pre-5.2, and we're still at the bottom. Does that mean we should demand buffs? At this point, no, because it's too early to say.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Mage
Well, I guess it's a good thing I'm not a competitive raider & don't really care about DPS, so long as bosses die & nobody in my group does.

You've never raided on this character. Ever. So yeah, I can see why you don't care seeing you don't play that content.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Mage
When blood legion's mages start to reroll you have to stop and think "Hmm maybe when a top teir guild doesn't have any mages maybe we should fix it"

I'v played mage since BC on and off, aside from sunwell this is probably the worst it's ever been. Fire was halfway decent during 5.1, then after being nerfed, they ninja nerfed pyroblast. Being already left with the nerf to evocation, were losing 15% spell power plus 10% on pyroblast. You can see why were angry.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Priest
When blood legion's mages start to reroll you have to stop and think "Hmm maybe when a top teir guild doesn't have any mages maybe we should fix it"

I'v played mage since BC on and off, aside from sunwell this is probably the worst it's ever been. Fire was halfway decent during 5.1, then after being nerfed, they ninja nerfed pyroblast. Being already left with the nerf to evocation, were losing 15% spell power plus 10% on pyroblast. You can see why were angry.

Source on Blood Legion mages rerolling, please. Also: you know the raiders there maintain a ton of alts, right? If you look on the sha kill, Brightleaf was playing his lock. They play what is needed for each fight. Blood Legion is known for the high number of alts they all have.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
Still too early but definitely should at least be on the radar.

And this sums up all the complaints.... yes its probably too low, but by how much is still in question.

Of course I'd also argue that dps shaman, rets, monks, and fury warriors are all low too.

Warlocks and !@# rogues could take a hit from the top.

However, the question is "by how much"
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
03/08/2013 01:04 PMPosted by Liffreacher

It doesn't work like that. No one just decides to heal all of a sudden. It goes like this:

Welcome to how a raid group works??? We don't have anyone switch specs except on the rare occasion of a 4-heal fight. Our roster has 3 healers and if a fight is 3-healed, a dps is sitting. Whether you're one of the boomkins or one of the mages.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Mage

Welcome to how a raid group works??? We don't have anyone switch specs except on the rare occasion of a 4-heal fight. Our roster has 3 healers and if a fight is 3-healed, a dps is sitting. Whether you're one of the boomkins or one of the mages.

Generally you have 3 main healers and one of them go offspec dps correct.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Priest
I'll take your reticence as a sign you may have spoken a little too strongly on the Blood Legion mages thing.
Edited by Dictainabox on 3/8/2013 3:14 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Troll Mage
I'll take your reticence as a sign you may have spoken a little too strongly on the Blood Legion mages thing.

It's unconfirmed, but talked alot by blood legion members.
Edited by Queuequeue on 3/8/2013 3:17 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Priest
03/08/2013 03:15 PMPosted by Queuequeue

Is this discussion on their site, or is it a private discussion that we have to take your word for? Not trying to be a smart !@#, I actually would love to see them talk about where classes are at the moment. I was under the impression that they had actually just recruited another mage. *shrugs
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid

Generally you have 3 main healers and one of them go offspec dps correct.

No, we have 3 people who do nothing but heal. If a fight is 2-healed, one of them sits out.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Mage
Mages have it bad
-said no one ever

Remember the Sunwell.

Weirdly enough, the dailies and general theme of the Isle reminds me a lot of Sunwell.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Mage
03/08/2013 03:34 PMPosted by Dictainabox

Is this discussion on their site, or is it a private discussion that we have to take your word for? Not trying to be a smart !@#, I actually would love to see them talk about where classes are at the moment. I was under the impression that they had actually just recruited another mage. *shrugs

General chat in ToT mostly.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]