So uhh parses are up on WOL. Mages=ajoke

90 Troll Mage

Generally you have 3 main healers and one of them go offspec dps correct.

No, we have 3 people who do nothing but heal. If a fight is 2-healed, one of them sits out.

That honestly sounds awful, you're gearing two people and throwing them around like a rag doll. Just get a healer who knows his class. Not hard to be good at Healing and dpsing.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid

No, we have 3 people who do nothing but heal. If a fight is 2-healed, one of them sits out.

That honestly sounds awful, you're gearing two people and throwing them around like a rag doll. Just get a healer who knows his class. Not hard to be good at Healing and dpsing.

No one is "getting thrown around like a rag doll." People are rotated in and out, and it works fine.
Reply Quote
90 Human Mage
Now i guess it is time to sit back and see how much GC fixes.

Fair warning: a big buff now could be a balancing nightmare when everyone is in full heroics.

I've seen just how much damage fire can do at higher levels of gear. On the ptr, it looked like a repeat of 5.0, the damage was just that huge and ahead of the other specs.

Does there need to be fixes now? In a sense yes. Do I think Blizz might overshoot it and cause a balancing nightmare? Yes

Easy, what do you think is a realistic percentage for the number of mages who will see full Heroic gear before 5.3 releases? I would be surprised if that number exceeded 3% of the mage population.

Therein lies the problem Blizzard needs to resolve.
Reply Quote
90 Human Mage
03/08/2013 10:21 AMPosted by Verdash
For any of you idiots saying "Oh you guys were top dps all last patch this is what you deserve" You failed at life now leave my thread. Fire is only barely keeping up on cleave fights, the nerf to pyroblast made fire horrible for single target and very hard to get a decent combust off.

How about, this is what happened to hunters in DS, and we didn't get fixed until after H Spine was killed?

Now that the snarkiness is out of the way, you can't really hold those numbers as anything other than a rough look at the performance of the class...that and it hasn't even been a full raid week.

2-3 weeks will paint a better picture, both on Raidbots/WoLogs, and on Blizz's internal tools.

Please explain to me how those same systems were able to prove to Blizzard that Fire needed massive nerfs 3 days after 5.1 released? If they can prove it one way on 2-3 days data, then they certainly can prove it the other way.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Death Knight
http://raidbots.com/dpsbot/Overall_DPS/10N/100/14/60/avg/
http://worldoflogs.com/rankings/players/Throne_of_Thunder/dps/

For any of you idiots saying "Oh you guys were top dps all last patch this is what you deserve" You failed at life now leave my thread. Fire is only barely keeping up on cleave fights, the nerf to pyroblast made fire horrible for single target and very hard to get a decent combust off.

I question your intelligence when you're looking at logs where individual haven't even received or gotten a fair amount of gear for the new tier. Thus... WoL findings are pretty irrelevant at this stage. Give it time lad.
Reply Quote
1 Tauren Hunter
all the classes/players defending mages nerfs, none of them mages.

oh course they dont want mages "fixed" or un-nerfed, it would jeopardize their raids spots or spots on the dps meters

"oh just wait, you'll be fine"

yeah that doesnt work anymore, its hardly ever played out to be true

other classes just grasping at straws
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Priest
03/09/2013 08:27 AMPosted by Sornta
oh course they dont want mages "fixed" or un-nerfed, it would jeopardize their raids spots or spots on the dps meters

Not really a great point. What, does that spot "belong" to a mage? I still think my biggest concern has to do with how badly your level 90 talents suck. Makes the class a total bore to play.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Death Knight
If mage numbers are still greatly behind once you're in full t15 gear and working on heroics, then come crying.

Mages are the same as the people crying about council being overtuned one week in.
Pathetic, your class scales better with gear compared to a good portion of the classes above your precious dps, give it time and you'll see your numbers climb.

If not, enjoy being useless for the first time since Sunwell.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
Competitive raiding or not, if you're a mage and in a guild that is going to make you sit because of your classes' DPS then you probably need to change guilds.

Seriously, this thread makes me sick, not because of all the whining and/or mage bashing but because people actually give a !@#$ about DPS numbers taken less than a week after the patch. If you enjoy playing a mage play it, if not don't play it. It's that simple. If a guild is going to exclude you from a raid based on your class, find another guild.

Edit: Best solution to the mage "problem" or any other DPS issues - Blizzard does away with the ability to run DPS meters.... "problem" solved.
Edited by Puckmarin on 3/9/2013 1:02 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
[Hybrid tax is gone wrong.

Fixed it for ya.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
I'm just curious, what exactly is considered a "hybrid" these days?
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
I'm just curious, what exactly is considered a "hybrid" these days?

Its taxing people that can play anything other than dps even though pures have 3 specs as well and are more likely to use those specs than hybrids are to use all there of their specs. Basically its an excuse to make their dps higher than ours.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
Competitive raiding or not, if you're a mage and in a guild that is going to make you sit because of your classes' DPS then you probably need to change guilds.

Seriously, this thread makes me sick, not because of all the whining and/or mage bashing but because people actually give a !@#$ about DPS numbers taken less than a week after the patch. If you enjoy playing a mage play it, if not don't play it. It's that simple. If a guild is going to exclude you from a raid based on your class, find another guild.

Edit: Best solution to the mage "problem" or any other DPS issues - Blizzard does away with the ability to run DPS meters.... "problem" solved.

Spot on. The mages in our guild are still putting up good #s. If you can play your class well, you'll be fine. It really only matters if you're in one of those cutting edge guilds that push world firsts, the 1%-ers of raiding if you will.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Mage
http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-mmoe3ie2yuqtvrlo/sum/damageDone/?s=5143&e=5406

Really, you think doing 3/4 of the damage of everyone else in the raid and having better gear is okay?
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Paladin
most of you mages sound like a fotm allstar and now pissed you have to level a new toon

should reroll ret
Edited by Majintherm on 3/9/2013 2:46 PM PST
Reply Quote
most of you mages sound like a fotm allstar and now pissed you have to level a new toon

should reroll ret

That's a ridiculus assertion. I'm an Arcane Mage. I played Arcane at the end of Wrath. I played Arcane during all of Cata. I played Arcane during 5.0 and 5.1. You think I'm FotM? You think the fact that my main is an always has been Arcane Spec Mage through the good, and much more numerous bad times?
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-mmoe3ie2yuqtvrlo/sum/damageDone/?s=5143&e=5406

Really, you think doing 3/4 of the damage of everyone else in the raid and having better gear is okay?

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-jc3ebzvfq8lwbsbi/sum/damageDone/?s=6267&e=6705

Look, I can link a single parse too. Nerf mages!!
Reply Quote
http://raidbots.com/dpsbot/Overall_DPS/25N/all/14/60/default/

day 5 - data- ugh, and please dont tell me its a skill difference that on average mages are 20- 30% behind hunters,locks,rogue,dks, and shadow priests.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]