Gumi

100 Orc Hunter
Wow.

I just saw seven folks from patronus de fortuna taming gumi. I tamed gumi by myself earlier today (but then abandoned as gumi is not that attractive and i have several sb). I did this solo and its actually really really easy if you can strafe, have con shot keybound, and, and that is about it.

They had a shaman healer, a paladin healer, a boomkin dps, a hunter dps, another hunter dps, a mage dps and a warrior tank. Why is gumi harder for some folks than heroic 5 man dungeon bosses? They treated it just like a tank and spank and then when gumi got low enough the tank allowed gumi to kill him (distracting shot and aggro management is too hard) (no one attacked but the hunter while the warrior died) and then the hunter tamed.

They tried earlier with the boomkin, two hunters, one resto shaman, and the frost mage... but gumi killed them all. What part of spamming concussive shot on cd and being in aspect of the cheetah is so hard?

I am still a bit mystified as to how gumi caught up to them so many times. The other two that have ranged attacks are at least a bit harder.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Hunter
Soooo...you want a cookie?
Reply Quote
100 Orc Hunter
It's a pretty easy pet to catch.
Some semblance of skill is required, of course. 'tis a "challenge" tame.

But did it really warrant a structured paragraph on the forums?

>_>
Reply Quote
100 Orc Hunter
you guys are a gas. a cookie? cookie is wonderful, but i have enough and this post is not for cookie. do you see it talk about cookie? no? not for cookie.

this post is to share experience in game around the HUNTER class in the HUNTER forums.

did it warrant a post on the forums? hmmm? let me consider this. well, it seems like i think it does/did as i made the post. and let me ask you... did my post require a post to ask if my post required a post? if you believe my post doesn't require a post they it probably doesn't need a post to ask about that either.

pet is pretty easy to tame. the red and green are "more" of a challenge.

you see people manage the "challenge" of the game in lots of ways... this was something odd and unusual and it had me in lols. i shared. take it how you like.
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Hunter
Maybe... (and I could be off base here) it's because you're bragging and not actually trying to be helpful..

You could've easily just posted a "How to tame gumi" post and told the steps you took in the tame.

But you came on here like a total a s s hat downing another group that obviously seem to be struggling with the tame and basically poking fun at them.

It kind of just makes you look bad.
Reply Quote
100 Dwarf Hunter
So that hunter worked smarter rather than harder. You jelly?
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Hunter
Wow.

I just saw seven folks from patronus de fortuna taming gumi. I tamed gumi by myself earlier today (but then abandoned as gumi is not that attractive and i have several sb). I did this solo and its actually really really easy if you can strafe, have con shot keybound, and, and that is about it.

They had a shaman healer, a paladin healer, a boomkin dps, a hunter dps, another hunter dps, a mage dps and a warrior tank. Why is gumi harder for some folks than heroic 5 man dungeon bosses? They treated it just like a tank and spank and then when gumi got low enough the tank allowed gumi to kill him (distracting shot and aggro management is too hard) (no one attacked but the hunter while the warrior died) and then the hunter tamed.

They tried earlier with the boomkin, two hunters, one resto shaman, and the frost mage... but gumi killed them all. What part of spamming concussive shot on cd and being in aspect of the cheetah is so hard?

I am still a bit mystified as to how gumi caught up to them so many times. The other two that have ranged attacks are at least a bit harder.

You are a much better hunter than me. I kited him to 20% twice and still died. Other times I had to kite him off the mountain but ran into a mob of NPCs.
Edited by Steelheart on 3/8/2013 1:40 PM PST
Reply Quote
100 Orc Hunter
Someone should mention how cool this story is, brother.
Reply Quote
100 Orc Hunter
Maybe... (and I could be off base here) it's because you're bragging and not actually trying to be helpful..

You could've easily just posted a "How to tame gumi" post and told the steps you took in the tame.

But you came on here like a total a s s hat downing another group that obviously seem to be struggling with the tame and basically poking fun at them.

It kind of just makes you look bad.

If my seeming like, or actually being, a total a s s hat and downing another group that is obviously struggling and poking fun at them is offensive to you then so be it. You want me to post a guide instead? You mean like the bajillion guides that are easily accessible? There is NO NEED for another guide on taming gumi or any of the other new sb. There are more guides than any one person needs at any one time.

A SIMPLE GOOGLE SEARCH WILL NET YOU MORE INFO THAN YOU NEED TO TAME ANY OF THESE BEASTS. After you have the info being able to "do it" is up to you in your own practice.

Yeah i am poking fun at them. I think its super funny that it takes 7 people to make ONE of these tames. If you don't think its funny that is on you.

Yeah i think its one of the strangest things i have seen in game. It was odd and unusual and funny... and so i shared it here. If you find it offensive instead of funny that is up to you.

Jelly? You guy are really odd creatures huh? It took far more work for them to make the tame then it did for me... they were at it for over an hour before they got it. They made several attempts and gumi killed them all several times (prior to getting the tank and the other healer). I wouldn't EVER want to make the tame that way. The only reason i did the tame was for the fun of doing it solo. That its a tiny challenge is what is fun about it. Tank and spank is not particularly fun for me. Wait? Maybe i am jelly of people who can't strafe and hit con shot on cd. Maybe. LOL.
Reply Quote
100 Orc Hunter
You are a much better hunter than me. I kited him to 20% twice and still died. Other times I had to kite him off the mountain but ran into a mob of NPCs.

you need a certain amount of health to get the tame off even if you kite him... or you need the pots and gear and such to cut down on the cast/channel of tame beast given that the tame will take longer than deterrence (you want to tame through deterrence to cut down on the damage) and you can't take much of his melee.

if you kite him not down the actual path but off to the side there is a little hill you can kite him around and he will not ever catch you and there aren't mobs to run into.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Hunter
Btw, I have a container of cookies. They are delicious. Not the crunchy hard kinda cookies. More like the soft, but not as oily as Subway cookies.

Oh yeah, and grats on porcupine!
Reply Quote
100 Human Hunter
I'm a clicker who backpeddles and I tamed Gumi and all of the others. (Though as a backpeddler, Degu is actually extremely easy. Hell, if you can't backpeddle, you will most likely die to Degu. Lol)

Since people asked: Tips for Gumi:

Spec into Posthaste. That 60% movement speed helps you get further away, as even with concussive shot, she moves faster than 100% speed.

Spec into BINDING SHOT. The stun DOES work on her.

Spec into A Murder of Crows and Exhilaration. Iron Hawk will not save you from dying, but Exhilaration can heal back enough heath to let you take at least one more hit if you have enough stamina. Murder of Crows because the other 2 require a pet to use.

Don't jump down the mountain. Follow the path Gumi is on. It will lead you to One Keg. I was able to knock her down to 30% shortly after getting off the first slope she's on and onto the one to One Keg. Presumably, if you have less gear than me, (I'm only in LFR gear), you'll probably go all the way to One Keg.

ALWAYS keep Concussive Shot up, obviously. Same with Serpent Sting. REMEMBER YOU HAVE READINESS. If she gets too close and you can't get away in time, pop readiness and binding shot her. Then disengage, concussive shot, ,and use that 60% speed to get further away.

When ready to tame Gumi, pop binding shot in front of her then then tame. She'll be stunned while you tame.

As for Degu, find the dead zone, and backpeddle while concussive shotting. WATCH HIM THOUGH. He likes to stop randomly, which can make you leave his dead zone, even while backpeddling.

As for Hutia, be wary you can root her, so grab the Narrow Escape talent in case she gets too close. SILENCING SHOT is a must have as well, as you have to interrupt her heal. You can cheat this tame by getting a druid friend to spam entangling roots as you weaken her. She is the only one susceptible to roots.

And as always, check out of the petopia thread: http://forums.wow-petopia.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=18527
Edited by Reinhilde on 3/9/2013 12:31 AM PST
Reply Quote
100 Worgen Hunter
I've been trying to solo the red one. I must say my kiting skills have never been that great, and my range perception even worse. Not sure how i can tame him unfortunately. He's worse than Deth'Tilac.
Reply Quote
90 Human Hunter
RE
The same reason people used to pay the few non-terrible hunters that existed back in the day to get their Rhok's for them, or failed completely at doing it.

You'd be surprised how many hunters can't kite to save their lives.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Hunter
Just tamed Gumi on Proudmoore took me and a SV hunter and Shammy heals to get him down on first try. Lucky i checked Wowhead first lol. He was a pain to tame. Oh yeah big help was using deterrence and glyph of taming
Edited by Bowreaper on 3/26/2013 12:50 AM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]