Moonfarespam: The Moonkin PvE Guide Part 2

90 Worgen Druid
Last thread has reached it's limit.

Picking up the conversation about NV/HoTW.

Fight #10 in particular stuck out for me. There's a ton of raid damage going out and NV healing was very noticable in 10man. All the rest of the fights left little impression on me as for needing to bring it.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
As a non-amazing balance druid I am having a really hard time with using NV on cooldown after all CD's are used so that it lines back up well. It's so bothersome to me that I just want to take the small dps hit on certain fights that favor NV and use hotw for everything. I just recently made a thread that was exactly about this.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
03/08/2013 03:43 AMPosted by Stratis
I am having a really hard time with using NV on cooldown after all CD's are used so that it lines back up well.

Here is the catch 22. Either:

A) use it right off CD and probably not have it used optimally, but it aligns with your 2nd round of CD's

B) save it use it effectively during your lunar eclipse and risk not having it align with your CD's.

It really kinda sucks to have something like that happen. Personally I am disappointed that Blizz makes just one of our CD's 90 seconds, but we will adapt like always.

But I am using NV right off CD, and I have raven to pop a big icon telling me that its ready. That is what I suggest, or having a weak aura let you know when your spell is off CD. That way your not forgetting its on a 90 second timer.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
A) use it right off CD and probably not have it used optimally, but it aligns with your 2nd round of CD's
I'm starting to feel like a broken record here, but right off cd is optimal. In a fight where NV is good, ie meaning we get to nuke the boss, it doesn't matter where in eclipse you are when you activate NV, you will always get a full cycle.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
Barring no movement, your assuming.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
Barring no movement, your assuming.
If there's enough movement I'm assuming you will not be taking NV.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
If there's enough movement I'm assuming you will not be taking NV.

Tuche lol
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
Hello!

I've been reading this guide for the past few weeks, and picking up lots of lovely things from Cyous, Skyotter, Zoomkins, Eluial and everyone else. Thank you all the hard work, following basic guidelines helped to push me from abysmal dps in my first ever raid as a fill - to constantly going toe-to-toe with our top mage.

I'm only 485 geared and barely starting out (we've only started on HoF normal this week <_<) - but I'm finally coming out of the woodwork to ask a few questions!

For starters: Should I be gemming aggressively for crit even at my level? I did some basic math and found that if I got my int gemming changed to crit, I would lose 800 int for 1600 crit, which works out to about 2.67% addition to my spell crit - currently sitting at 16.10%.

My question is - is doing so worth it to get 19% crit? Cyous mentioned in another thread that the more crit you get, the better it is - and most of you are sitting at crit ranging from 23% to 27%.

I'm not really seeing the chain-starsurges procs that you guys seem to be talking about, and I'm wondering if 2.7% would push it over there!

*hugs to all the lovely druids who've already helped me so much*
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
Gem Crit aggressively. Chaining Starsurges happens frequently during CA, but it happens even more in multi-target. While the changes may be subtle, as you learn to play with the RNG, your experience will definitely improve as you begin to "expect" Starsurge procs.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
*gasps* That was a really quick reply! I feel so silly now lurking all this time, picking at past threads trying to glean information in between the discussions.

Thanks Cyous! I'll grab some of your videos when I find a spare moment, really appreciate all the help!

*runs to get all the yellow gems*
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
A second gemming question - for my Meta/red gems, should I be getting the Revitalizing Primal Diamond for Spirit/the expertise/crit gems for red - over the Burning Primal Diamond/int/crit gems?

Basically gemming hit where I can so I can reforge to crit. Would that be wise?
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
Burning
Int+Crit (Potent [apparently])
Edited by Cyous on 3/10/2013 3:22 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
Int+Crit is Potent, not Reckless Cyous. <3
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
Apparently, I ran some reforge calcs, and at my current gear, the best results for Crit were with a Burning Primal Diamond (Int/Crit), but Expertise gems in my two red slots (320 Expertise total).

Which was interesting because if I put in the Spirit gem, I would only be able to get 6300 crit as opposed to 6339. Also as opposed to 6274 for Int/Crit gems. Though I did lose 160 Int for 65 crit...

Huh. I feel silly now. When you put it that way. :|

Edit: More like, 160 Int for 65 Crit and 250 Haste. Umf. Math.
Edited by Galdhael on 3/10/2013 3:48 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
03/09/2013 10:24 AMPosted by Galdhael
Should I be gemming aggressively for crit even at my level?

Yep

I would lose 800 int for 1600 crit,

Gemming in this order. I know a few other druids out there like purple int/crit for blue however thats IMO when you have a lot of spirit, if you want to do that Ill leave that up to you but this is how I gem:
Red: Int/Crit
Blue: Spirit/Crit
Yellow/Prismatic: Full crit

is doing so worth it to get 19% crit?

Dont look at crit as a %. Just look at it knowing you want as much as possible. Once you hit 4 piece T14 if you even do (if your going to start ToT progression dont worry about it), your going to want to go with Hit> Int> Haste (3043)> Crit> Haste= Mastery.

I'm not really seeing the chain-starsurges procs that you guys seem to be talking about

RNG will always be RNG... I have overlapping SS procs 4-5 at a time when I have my burst rolling.

If your not getting high levels of SS procs that either tells me one of 2 things.

A) your not using burst effectively. (So plz post your rotatoin)

B) your not managing your DoTs effectively. (What do you do for DoT management?)

03/09/2013 10:45 AMPosted by Galdhael
*gasps* That was a really quick reply!

I wish I was like that Im normally trolling forums mon-friday when I am at work all day ;-p

I'll grab some of your videos when I find a spare moment

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CjHTTWUW3to
DoT management Guide Super helpful from Bologna from the forums... Because this is a 5.1 video it doesnt talk about snapshotting DoTs so thats something to be discussed, but very self explanatory.

Basically gemming hit where I can so I can reforge to crit. Would that be wise?

Spirit= Hit for hybrid classes (Druid, Shaman, Priest). So you rarely want to stack hit, and by all means never gem/enchant it.

Red: Potent
Blue: Misty
Yellow/Prismatic: Smooth
Meta: Burning Primal Diamond

I assume your calcs were through AMR... poopy on a sick if you ask me, although I love those guys over there much love ^_^. I would say gem at your own discretion, but go with something like reforgelite in game to help refine your reforges. I always have gemmed crit and reforged into hit/haste (breaks).

Edit: Why dont you have the boots from Sha? Just curious ;-p
Edited by Skyotter on 3/11/2013 7:14 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
Which movement heavy fights would you consider taking HotW over NV? I've seen up through Durumu and the only one I would consider would be Tortoss.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
I've been using HOTW all week. But in order of bosses:
1 - NV
2 - NV/HOTW
3 - HOTW
4 - HOTW
5 - NV/HOTW
6 - HOTW
7 - HOTW
8 - HOTW
9 - HOTW
10 - NV/HOTW
11 - NV/HOTW
12 - HOTW

From Cyous <3
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
I'll be uploading Ji-Kun and Durumu later today.

My apologies for not recording Tortos, Council, Primodius and Dark Animus. I don't think I'll be able to get normal mode versions of those for quite some time (progression is progression).

I spend most of my time farming Giant Dinosaur Bones or editing the video music used in the videos ~ which happen to be shorter than the video, so I need to find, isolate, and edit a lengthy coda. ~ In the durumu video, find the originals, compare with mine ~ not something so the impatient (took 3 hours to edit both T^ T)

I do have Iron Qon; Twin Consorts; Lei Shen recorded.

Iron Qon - Deadzone sucks.
Twin Consorts - boring fight
Lei Shen - so many mechanics
Edited by Cyous on 3/12/2013 3:47 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
03/12/2013 03:32 AMPosted by Cyous
I spend most of my time farming Giant Dinosaur Bones

Understandable Im doing that too!!! It takes too damn long haha

Cy you should post the raw footage I think that would be interesting to see!!!
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]