Moonfarespam: The Moonkin PvE Guide Part 2

90 Troll Druid
Aside from this forum and EJ, any reliable Balance resource site + forum?

Also, I'm seeing a lot of moonkins grabbing HotW, this seems like a bit of a stupid question, but for the extra healing or the cat DPS?
Reply Quote
100 Troll Druid
Aside from this forum and EJ, any reliable Balance resource site + forum?

Also, I'm seeing a lot of moonkins grabbing HotW, this seems like a bit of a stupid question, but for the extra healing or the cat DPS?
1. The Moonkin repository
2. For the stats, its better in a lot of ToT fights than NV due to movement/stupid things.

@Velaniz, any particular reason for wanting that? It should be an easy enough calculation to do though.
Edited by Tagartou on 3/24/2013 10:39 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
Mostly just curiosity. If they're not too far away they'd probably be worth aiming for in all those situations where you're in Eclipse for prolonged periods (particularly pvp). And also because now I think about it, I don't think I've seen a single table yet this expac that bothered listing breakpoints without NG.

Also, would it be possible to calculate breakpoints for NG+Berserking?
Edited by Velaniz on 3/24/2013 10:48 PM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Troll Druid
Starting at 1 extra tick

No NG breakpoints:

NG+zerking:
Reply Quote
100 Worgen Druid
MMO-Champ Druid forums is pretty active as well. Mostly for asking questions and getting speedy answers as well.

http://www.mmo-champion.com/forums/270-Druid
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
Is Mooncatting such a bad thing now?

I know it got nerfed, but what fights would it be viable, if at all? I was screwing with it in an LFR on Jin'Rokh and it did 7.5M of my 50M dmg. That's a fair chunk of my dmg. It'd be pretty good on Durumu (God, disintegration phase movement -_-) but I'm unsure of any others. Something to look at, maybe?

Also: What's the best way to go about doing the best DPS. Recently switched back to boomkin MS and I'm lacking ALOT. (Mainly because everyone is 10-15 IL above me) I'm wondering exactly how I should stat. Some people are telling me going haste is good/others say crit still wins out. Up until now, I've been going straight up crit.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warlock
Unless i'm completing missing something here, wouldn't this scenario be optimal..

Once you eclipse --- > Incarnation/NV (30 secs) ---> eclipse would most likely end before 15 secs, so use celestial alignment for the remaining time (plus some major whammy power).

Please correct me if i'm wrong here because that's how i would play it out.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
Unless i'm completing missing something here, wouldn't this scenario be optimal..

Once you eclipse --- > Incarnation/NV (30 secs) ---> eclipse would most likely end before 15 secs, so use celestial alignment for the remaining time (plus some major whammy power).

Please correct me if i'm wrong here because that's how i would play it out.

Pretty much
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
@Tagartou

Thanks!

I'm wondering exactly how I should stat. Some people are telling me going haste is good/others say crit still wins out. Up until now, I've been going straight up crit.

Straight up crit.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
Is Mooncatting such a bad thing now?

I know it got nerfed, but what fights would it be viable, if at all? I was screwing with it in an LFR on Jin'Rokh and it did 7.5M of my 50M dmg. That's a fair chunk of my dmg. It'd be pretty good on Durumu (God, disintegration phase movement -_-) but I'm unsure of any others. Something to look at, maybe?

Anyone know?
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
Anyone know?

Don't Mooncat
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
Curious to know if Volatile Talisman of the Shado-Pan Assault would be better for me than Relic of Yu'lon. I'm thinking of sticking with the Relic until I can get 2pcT15, thus breaking 4pcT14.
Edited by Gretçhen on 3/26/2013 11:36 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
Curious to know if Volatile Talisman of the Shado-Pan Assault would be better for me than Relic of Yu'lon. I'm thinking of sticking with the Relic until I can get 2pcT15, thus breaking 4pcT14.

Shado-Pan is better from raw int.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
Thanks.
Reply Quote
100 Troll Druid
@Tagartou

Thanks!
Your welcome. Actually you prompted me to finally do the update on my spreadsheet to make it better. Now supports finding haste breakpoints with T14 or not and a variety of haste buff options.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AtT3sAEBV2QfdEtWeThnVWx4X3NoT29ZRGJjbkxjS0E&usp=sharing
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
Actually you prompted me to finally do the update on my spreadsheet to make it better. Now supports finding haste breakpoints with T14 or not and a variety of haste buff options.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AtT3sAEBV2QfdEtWeThnVWx4X3NoT29ZRGJjbkxjS0E&usp=sharing

maybe i should get to writing guides and changss for Eluial to amend in the Sticky...
Reply Quote
100 Troll Druid
Are you just gonna make a new sticky, or just right the guide and she will still be posting it?
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
Are you just gonna make a new sticky, or just right the guide and she will still be posting it?

New sticky for a new expansion ...or if 5.4 Siege of Orgrimmar calls a need of updating the sticky. It's accurate for the vast majority of content, just needs updates to current content (which I should be able to get to once this brutal progression schedule is done with).
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
Hi everyone! I have a couple of trinket questions :3 I have all of these sitting in my bags right now, and I'm kind of stumped.

Which of these four are better?
Volatile Talisman of the Shado-Pan Assault - 522
Wushoolay's Final Choice - 502
Cha-Ye's Essence of Brilliance - 502
Relic of Yu'lon - Upgraded to 484

My personal suspicion is that Wushoolay's and Volatile Talisman (simply because of the iLevel) are the best, but what are your opinions? I tried running it past WrathCalcs but I haven't quite figured out how to use it properly yet :|

I've heard that Cha-Ye is better at higher crit levels - or is that something I should not be concerning myself with while running LFR gear?

Thank you everyone :3
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]