2) horrible to play
3) makes me sick from lack of DPS
4) has no "real" cleave anymore
5) comical

Thanks in advance
Paying customer
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Hunter
Considering mages were originally the king of AOE, I support this.
Reply Quote
1 Human Paladin
Suck it up and deal with it,
Ret was the king of AE back in wrath, it has had atleast 3 untargeted ae's removed since then and presently has none unless you talent a placeable ground ae.
It does remove some of the games fun factor but i'm sure you'll adjust like the rest of us have had to do.
Reply Quote
90 Human Mage
Frost aoe isn't bad.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
Sounds like a "If I'm not carried by my class, I might actually need to try...I don't like trying" complaint. Mage is above the pack, again, for __-th expansion. Until you're actually at the bottom, you don't realize how good Mages have had it. And you're not at the bottom, so you don't realize how good you've had it (as a class).

I wish I mained a class that uses the same gear (save: gems, reforges), for any specc. That must be nice being able to say "Uh, Specc1 isn't good for this encounter, I'll use Specc2. (or maybe Specc3)." Try carrying around 2 sets of gear: Intellect or Strength or Agility. It sucks.
Edited by Cyous on 3/8/2013 10:54 AM PST
Reply Quote
Since you, as well as many, are not aware of the current state of Mages PLEASE see other posts with links to raidbots damage showing:

Mage Frost
Mage Fire
Mage Arcane

the three lowest dps specs in the game currently.

Trying playing a class that ALL 3 of your specs suck balls and almost every raid leader will sit you for another class to get through progression.

I bet in your years of WoW you have always had a s spec you can play? Well we don't currently.

And by the way tough guy, Arcane (Mastery) Fire (Crit) and Frost (Haste), means you have to collect 3 sets of gear and re-gem and reforge with any change to have a chance at doing great dps - it's not all peaches and cream as you think it is. Try it out and you will see.
Edited by Spells on 3/8/2013 11:13 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
means you have to collect 3 sets of gear and re-gem and reforge with any change to have a chance at doing great dps - it's not all peaches and cream as you think it is. Try it out and you will see.

Counter Point: Tanking with 25,000 spell power. Not as easy as you may think.

It's like complaining that you won an All-In hand, but the person you beat folded ~ So you didn't win more. There is a big difference between "nonviable" and "non-BiS."

Either way, "low on damage" doesn't mean anything if you're barely behind. And from what I've seen, you're barely behind; but losing mostly to people capable of multi-dotting ~ and so is everyone else.
Edited by Cyous on 3/8/2013 12:06 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
Since you, as well as many, are not aware of the current state of Mages PLEASE see other posts with links to raidbots damage showing:

Mage Frost
Mage Fire
Mage Arcane

the three lowest dps specs in the game currently.

Trying playing a class that ALL 3 of your specs suck balls and almost every raid leader will sit you for another class to get through progression.

I bet in your years of WoW you have always had a s spec you can play? Well we don't currently.

And by the way tough guy, Arcane (Mastery) Fire (Crit) and Frost (Haste), means you have to collect 3 sets of gear and re-gem and reforge with any change to have a chance at doing great dps - it's not all peaches and cream as you think it is. Try it out and you will see.

you are clearly unaware of how inaccurate numbers are this week. i raid with a mage and we are the top 2 AoErs with him beating me more than im beating him. sounds like a L2P issue.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Hunter
To be fair, ancedotal evidence is useless.

We need to give it a couple weeks and for the parsing issues to fix themselves. Right now, the amount of data we have is pretty much nonexistent and may not even be accurate.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Paladin
Are mages the only class in raids? I must have missed that memo
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]