Windwalkers 5.2 Nerf Edition.

90 Pandaren Monk
how you liking that nerf everyone?
Reply Quote
90 Human Monk
Suffering from Sky is Falling syndrome.

Eventually I will get over it, and continue to play as normal.

Most of my rage has already subsided.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Monk
I'm still kind of shocked at the nerf. Lost all my big numbers.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
I think they went over board with it lol.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
Well to think that Bliz would not fix the crazy trinket (that would have been acquired by a small percentage of players anyway) in a reasonable way is on us. They can't be expected to think rationally with the stupid amounts of money they have gotten even during horribly imbalanced periods.

They only balance they truly focus on is dps BIS in simulations. They know who they want to have the most damage in that case. All others in the class must be nerfed so that BIS does not turn out wrong in their eyes.

"There's an old saying in Tennessee — I know it's in Texas, probably in Tennessee — that says, fool me once, shame on — shame on you. Fool me — you can't get fooled again"

...Of course they could have mentioned this in the patch notes months ago...
Reply Quote
90 Undead Monk
Hahaha ... nice Dubbya Quote there (I think anyway) even if I'm wrong ... freakin' ROFL. I know I've heard it somewhere.

Yeah though, in my PVE Gear my DPS has definitely gone down, even when doing a proper rotation and implimenting Chi-Wave and not capping energy during FoF. "Hotfix" / Stealth nerf was not thought out at all, and has lead to this, because they certainly botched this crap.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Monk
how you liking that nerf everyone?

Preemptively nerfing the spec to compensate for a trinket that .1% of Windwalkers will have in the next month was a great idea. Totally behind blizzard on this one.
Reply Quote
Did they actually say it was due to the trinket, though? Or is that just what everyone is saying. I'm not calling anyone out, I just feel like that would be a little harsh even from the balance overlords.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Paladin
Did they actually say it was due to the trinket, though? Or is that just what everyone is saying. I'm not calling anyone out, I just feel like that would be a little harsh even from the balance overlords.

Chi wave doing too much damage, now it's required

Rune of re-origination way to powerful WW monks

Power strikes bugged to give 2 on a 12-20 sec ICD (randomly)
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
I got over my Sky is Falling syndrome fairly quickly and am doing pretty well now, thanks for asking

I still think the nerf was a little bit too much, but we're still doing competitive dps
Edited by Mayliene on 3/8/2013 7:24 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
I got over my Sky is Falling syndrome fairly quickly and am doing pretty well now, thanks for asking

I still think the nerf was a little bit too much, but we're still doing competitive dps

In what? LFR? no offense but have you raided the new tier yet? LFR doesn't account for much in terms of gauging your effective dps in pve, and while the nerf wasn't TOO bad in pve it was damn terrible in pvp, we hit like wet noodle unless we get everything all up at once...and then we just hit as hard as we used to..
Reply Quote
90 Human Monk
I got 3rd in our 25 man ToT last night in overall damage done. Beaten by a Lock and !@# Rogue. I'm totally fine with not being the #1 dps class when I can also tank and heal.

Link to your monk please Commerce? I'd like to see the fights you were on and perhaps the logs.

I am not saying it's outside the bounds of possibilities, and I know you have posted in these forums for a while, and you can say a lot of things... but I would like to see the numbers, the gear and the group makeup as well as the fights involved.
Edited by Ro on 3/8/2013 9:18 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Monk
Ran LFD for giggles to see where my DPS is at. Lost about 20k DPS, give or take, for a zone that I know what I pulled prior to 5.2. Normally pulled 70k on a straight tank fight, minimum. Sometimes pegged as high as 90k. Pulling closer to 55k - 60k now.

My SV hunter does that and she has significantly less gear.

Dunno WTF I'm doing wrong. Guess I need to reforge or something.

(And yeah, I know LFD isn't the best gauge, but I always pulled 70k DPS in LFD, minimum. Always. Can't even get to 70k DPS ATM. Ooking weird.)
Edited by Lightning on 3/8/2013 9:29 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk

In what? LFR? no offense but have you raided the new tier yet? LFR doesn't account for much in terms of gauging your effective dps in pve, and while the nerf wasn't TOO bad in pve it was damn terrible in pvp, we hit like wet noodle unless we get everything all up at once...and then we just hit as hard as we used to..

why does only one part of the game count and not the other?

I was averaging around 80k, is that not good for ilevel 482?
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Mage
A nerf? Seriously?

With the WW Monks I've seen in BGs so far, they're impossible to train, kite, snare, root, or burst upon. They're hamming hard on our healers, can self-heal for ridiculous amounts, and actually deal more damage then what I've been hearing (I was once hit for 125k Rising Sun Kick .. which is more then a DK's Obliterate).

Monks are going to be a real headache this season. More so then Mages haha.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Monk

I got 3rd in our 25 man ToT last night in overall damage done. Beaten by a Lock and !@# Rogue. I'm totally fine with not being the #1 dps class when I can also tank and heal.

Damn your lvl 89 monk got that high of dps? http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/mannoroth/Bm/simple

Stick to cheating on your friend with his gf and justifying thats not what you did. http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/7350535244?page=2#23

P.S. We can see your alts commerce.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]