Windwalkers 5.2 Nerf Edition.

90 Blood Elf Monk
A nerf? Seriously?

With the WW Monks I've seen in BGs so far, they're impossible to train, kite, snare, root, or burst upon. They're hamming hard on our healers, can self-heal for ridiculous amounts, and actually deal more damage then what I've been hearing (I was once hit for 125k Rising Sun Kick .. which is more then a DK's Obliterate).

Monks are going to be a real headache this season. More so then Mages haha.

Please stop posting, forever.
Reply Quote
ZOMG THEIR HIT MAH FAC...

Oh, no wait. Blink/Nova/Pet Nova/Block/Deep/Poly/RoF/Invis
Reply Quote
And I guarantee if a monk hit you for 120k with RSK, I can hit you for 150k with obliterate.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
And I guarantee if a monk hit you for 120k with RSK, I can hit you for 150k with obliterate.

Reads
"Anything you can do I can do better."

To anyone complaining of a lack in damage output, are you trying to use SEF for single target fights? It is either currently bugged or working as intended but it wont copy any single target ability you use on its current target. it only copies abilities you use on something other than the one you cast it at. Took me a little while to see that.

Also effective use of TEB will help and as gear increases, our DPS is going to skyrocket. We'll have the same haste/crit as we did in 5.1 but so much more mastery it will be silly.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Rogue
My heart seriously goes out to you, monks. This isn't even a troll post. I severely think that the nerf was completely unwarranted and unfair. Once again, my heart goes out to you.
Reply Quote
90 Human Monk
It doesn't exist, he just made a thread asking what spec to level in.

Yeah. I just saw that. Growing wearisome of the people in this forum talking about the class when they don't know the class.

My heart seriously goes out to you, monks. This isn't even a troll post. I severely think that the nerf was completely unwarranted and unfair. Once again, my heart goes out to you

Thank you Zombie. As a former rogue, I appreciate the sentiment more than most.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
I think they went over board with it lol.

This.

It's too much.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Monk
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/8155965864
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
I know my numbers look like GARBAGE complete utter waste of my time I put my main on the shelf for a monk boy was I ever wrong now Im leveling my Main why I even bother lol. I hate Blizzard sometimes GC did this because he loves just making people mad we were not that OP its just his way of not liking new classes but hey Loks are still OP Hunters are OP we know who he favors.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
I was refraining from posting about the WW nerfs until after my groups raid week was over, now that we've downed a few bosses I feel it's time to voice my concerns.

Right now Windwalker is in a horrible place, and that is not just "sky is falling" syndrome. I used to pull 90-110k on a light - medium movement fight. Now I'm struggling to hit 100 and stay above it. I'll cap at around 85-93ish. (these numbers not accounting for CD bursts)

I'm still playing with stat weights/reforging, but for the moment I do not see any of this changing for a while now, and I'm starting to think that main swapping might be in my raid groups best interest.

As for Storm, Earth, and Fire It's definitely not a good as it should be compared to other multi-dot class abilities, I used it on our Council attempts and found an overall damage loss.

to say that it will get better with gear / RoR is not a fair assessment. Most people will not see the gear, much less get far enough to get the Rune off Lei-Shen (see: % of guilds that have downed Jin compared to Horridon, and Horridon compared to Council. This is a good indicator of what people are in for.)

Blizzard, if you are reading this, PLEASE review what you have done to Windwalkers and find a way to fix it. This isn't just people whining for no reason, this is cold, hard, factual damage to us as a class, and as a community. You are driving people away from your new class.
Edited by Tezzaret on 3/9/2013 5:27 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
Blizzard, if you are reading this, PLEASE review what you have done to Windwalkers and find a way to fix it. This isn't just people whining for no reason, this is cold, hard, factual damage to us as a class, and as a community. You are driving people away from your new class.

this^^^ the thing is most of us gave up on our mains to go monk w all the new expansion and stuff,
while i understand the whole DK syndrome of being way op when they came out & you dont want a repeat w monks i have to say i got my dk to 90 then went monk now im going back to my dk while my dk is not the highest dps in game on a good day at least i have a chance with my monk i was happy being mid lvl dps with occasional top 3-5 i think you do need to rethink ur monk issues and try and remember not everyone speed lvls to get to top gear some of us like to play the rpg side anyway im going back to my dk till you guys figure out what ur doing i have a way better chance w my dk than my monk .PS: its a shame because i really like my monk..
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
I used to love my WW monk but after the past few days i don't anymore. I don't like complaining but I am seriously complaining now. <Sad panda> I really had been enjoying my WW.

I'm not a pvp-er and I hardly raid at all and I can see clearly how much harm has been done to my monk. And my other 90 is a mage. I think it's time to pick a new spec and start from scratch. but what i wonder...
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
y r munk qq?

ring of peace ...k
Reply Quote
y r munk qq?

ring of peace ...k

goobi pls
Reply Quote
obv trol is obv
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
In agreement with everyone else, I am pretty demoralized with the WW Monk nerf. As much as I enjoy running my Monk, the reduction in dps is depressing. Similar to a previous poster, I have replaced my Monk with an alt on our raid team because the 20% loss in dps isn't fair to the team. To be honest, I am not even motivated to do the dailies and VP cap grind on my Monk anymore. I look forward to a correction by Blizzard but I will take this time away from Monkdom to build some alt offspecs and level another toon from 85 to 90.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
I am not geared that great... however I was doing ok dps and surviving... I logged on today and was flying above heartlands saw some ore and swooped in. there were 2 apes there. I did not see the other 2, but that is not usually problem... They swarmed me and started a blitzkrieg of hits... damage numbers just all over the place... I died before I could even get the cooldown on my expel harm over which I think is taking longer also... seems to be a LOT of nerfing that is not documented.... lower dps, lower self heal, easier to get hit, etc.. maybe I am just whining... but I was doing ok until 5.2... HEY BLIZZ... PPPHHHHHHLLLLTTTT!!!!!! /thumbinnose
Reply Quote
100 Pandaren Monk
how you liking that nerf everyone?

Better than your hat Transmog. Yuck.
Reply Quote
Well so far i'm being picked up more and more to go into BG's and in one day I got to 1788 rating and lots of offers to come back to previous groups.

I didn't get that in 5.2 so... I guess i'm taking the "nerfs" pretty damned well.

In fact several times in 5.2 when I waitlisted myself for rbg groups, I was removed and given a nasty whisper to go MW spec.
Edited by Xangxu on 3/15/2013 5:22 PM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Rogue
I think the big issue will be for those folks that don't rely on addons, like vexpower, tellmewhen, power auras to name a few... If people arn't monitoring their brews well and using them to their full advantage some people are going to be really hurting bad. As for myself, i've since a decrease in aoe dmg by about 30k and 10k single target. I have amazing addons for the WW and a razor mouse so am lightening fast, but it just feels like so much WORK to get the highest numbers compaired to other classes...
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]