Can't download the game client at all?!?!

35 Blood Elf Warrior
I just bought a new computer. I used to have a dell, and now I got a mac :) Yay!! But... I HAVE NO IDEA HOW TO WORK THIS THING!!! GRRR...! Haha. I tried to newly download the normal game client (no upgrades) and it won't work. It opens the "World-of-Warcraft-Setup-enUS", I click on that and open it and it says that it is opening the World of Warcraft Blizzard Launcher. The launcher opens alright and then I click on "Install", I agree to the Terms...yada, yada, yada. Then after that a box pops up asking me to "Activate" or "I'm already Activated". But before I can click anything another box replaces the other saying "An unexpected error occurred while trying to install. Please try again or contact customer support." I've tried it three times, refreshed the webpage and restarted my computer (redownloading the game client from the internet each time). Can anyone help??? I just have no idea what to do about it....
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
I'm getting the same error on my laptop... Anyone know what's going on? Just tried to install Mac game client about 15 minutes ago.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
ive tried a few times as well i hope someone from blizzard will answer this so we can get it on our computers!!!
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
shameless bump...
Reply Quote
MVP - Technical Support
100 Draenei Mage
>_< Sorry guys ! Forum like totally freaked out on me there when I posted.

Meant to say :

Give this a go -

1) Restart

2) Go to Mac HD -> Users -> Shared and delete both the Battle.net and Blizzard folders

3) Drag the installer to the Applications folder and try running it from there.

Mac Tech Support MVP.
Not processing forum posts Fri 6 PM NZST to Sun 6 PM NZST
IRL Work comes first
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
Thanks I'll give it a shot and let you know if it works out.
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
Thanks; we have download success!
Reply Quote
35 Blood Elf Warrior
ooh! i'll try that! thank you so much!
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
And here I thought I had a problem. Worked like a charm. Thank you bluspacecow!
Reply Quote
35 Blood Elf Warrior
Totally worked great :) thanks! See you in the World
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]