Bonus rep option not working

100 Tauren Druid
According to the new patch:
You can now earn bonus reputation for your first dungeon and scenario of the day. You can select which reputation you choose to champion by selecting it from the reputation panel on the character screen. When you queue for a dungeon or scenario, the UI will remind you which reputation you are championing and allow you to change the reputation from there. (You cannot change that reputation once you are in the dungeon or scenario.)

No, no you can't. I select the bonus rep button, select the rep i want to increase, write down the starting rep value in my little notebook, and low and behold for a second day in a row, it doesn't increase. For either dungeon or scenarios.

This must be what you call intangible benefits.
Reply Quote
100 Undead Priest
I can't get it to work either. Not for Dungeons or Scenarios.

Edit: Ok, so I finally figured it out. There is a little greyed out star next to each faction bar. You need to click the star to choose the faction. Poor UI design, IMO. The tool-tip should display over the entire bar, NOT just the the faded out inconspicuous little star.
Edited by Bantor on 3/8/2013 5:14 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Undead Mage
Meh
Thanks for your post - I thought it was bugged too.

That is one awful piece of UI design. Even if the stars were outlined in yellow rather than greyed out - very difficult to find and NO instructions whatsoever on the tooltips.

What's more if you've done today's scenario and haven't found out how to fix the problem, you lose the opportunity for bonus rep.
Reply Quote
87 Night Elf Druid
Same problems here. They should just bring the tabards back and stop artificially slowing us down.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Mage
I can confirmed this is not working as well. I'm shocked that after another patch week, this is still not fixed. It's clear this wasn't tested on the PTR since everything tested there was purely on the new raids & PvP.

This needs to be hot fixed immediately.
Edited by Velnius on 3/14/2013 6:15 PM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Death Knight
It works fine for me. Check that you have a star next to the faction you want rep with.
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Druid
Bonus rep had been working for me... till yesterday. I hadn't noticed the little greyed out star so I'll look for that but I don't think I had clicked that before. Reported as bug, told they're "looking into it...."
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Druid
OK, I see the little star now, of course it's not an option for Shado-Pan Assault.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
For my level 69 Rogue, the only available option for bonus rep is Golden Lotus. Why?
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Rogue
Because the bonus rep thing was added for the MoP factions only. Wrath/Cata factions as well as capital cities use tabard systems for rep, while most vanilla/BC factions require more traditional methods such as killing mobs or farming instances.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]