Question about A-side!

100 Blood Elf Hunter
I don't ever go on forums. This is a little scary. /cough. I've been Horde since BC, but for a while and more and more lately, I've been curious about the Alliance. I've admittedly always enjoyed some of their races and most of their cities/zones a lot more, but I'm stuck in a rut of familiarity with the Horde.

My druid has flip-flopped a lot, going from Tauren to NE to Tauren again, to Worgen, and is now a Tauren! ... Again. Part of my issue with Horde is I don't really like the other races aesthetically enough to actually play them, so most of my RP characters are Blood Elves. But Blood Elf roleplay is sort of... I don't know, I'm burnt out on it after what, five years of playing it?

I really want to give Alliance a fair shot, but I'm not really sure where to start since none of my friends have characters there. Aside from the Cathedral, what are some other popular RP hubs A-side, and good guilds, etc? I've browsed around on the forums, but I guess I'd rather have direct input.

TL;DR: I'm curious about Alliance, halp. Be gentle. /scuttles away
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
Hey there, Valeira! I'd check out other parts of Stormwind too, for starters. Look around the Mage district later at night: there's usually plenty of roleplay there. You might also want to check out Darnassus and Dalaran, which also have some roleplay going on at peak hours.

Both the Twilight Grove and Pyrewood Village have guilds in them often, the Heartsong Guard and the Order of the Orchid, respectively.

As for guilds, there are really a plethora of amazing guilds on the alliance. If you're transferring your druid over, you can go night elf or worgen. Both those races have a lot of guilds suited to them. Which race are you thinking of going?
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Hunter
I don't know if it would be my druid again. Potentially though, or perhaps my Shaman. Tauren RP is just very minimal on Horde anymore, so my two are sort of just in limbo. Then again I dislike Alliance's shaman races except maybe Pandaren, so it's probably my druid. I enjoy both Night Elves and Worgen, probably equally. Therein lies my problem. I think in retrospect I liked her a bit more as a Worgen, though, since I like Humans more than Night Elves. :P
Reply Quote
1 Human Paladin
One of the main differences between Alliance and Horde roleplay is the sheer variety of stuff the Alliance has going on. Is there a particular facet or genre of roleplay that particularly interests you?
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
I don't know if it would be my druid again. Potentially though, or perhaps my Shaman. Tauren RP is just very minimal on Horde anymore, so my two are sort of just in limbo. Then again I dislike Alliance's shaman races except maybe Pandaren, so it's probably my druid. I enjoy both Night Elves and Worgen, probably equally. Therein lies my problem. I think in retrospect I liked her a bit more as a Worgen, though, since I like Humans more than Night Elves. :P

If you're going for Worgen, I'll point you to two guilds: The Order of the Orchid, and Wolves of the Gray Rose.

Order of the Orchid is my own guild, which focuses on non-military types of roleplay, despite having a military branch. Here are places you can find a bit more info about our guild and what we do.

Thread: Tinyurl.com/elderorchid

Site: Elderorchid.enjin.com

Map of our town: Tinyurl.com/orchidmap2

You can also look into wolves of the gray rose. Unlike our guild, which focuses largely on realism, town life, and complex themes, the Wolves of the Gray Rose is a sort of military brotherhood/knighthood aiming to serve the alliance. They're a bunch of great folks, and if you're aiming for something militaristic, they're probably a good fit for you!
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Hunter
I LOVE events and I LOVE guild roleplay. I feel like beyond the RP-PvP guilds, Horde doesn't have many guilds (that I know of) that are really all about being a close knit group who does stuff together. RP-PvP is fun and all, but I've been RP-PvPing the past two expansions and it doesn't even always go that well. I guess I want more straight roleplay with some more creative, storyboard events, if that makes sense? When I first started playing that's what I had, a close guild that did a lot of stuff together and with other guilds. I kind of am striving to get back to my roots and maybe a fresh start on a new faction might help.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
I LOVE events and I LOVE guild roleplay. I feel like beyond the RP-PvP guilds, Horde doesn't have many guilds (that I know of) that are really all about being a close knit group who does stuff together. RP-PvP is fun and all, but I've been RP-PvPing the past two expansions and it doesn't even always go that well. I guess I want more straight roleplay with some more creative, storyboard events, if that makes sense? When I first started playing that's what I had, a close guild that did a lot of stuff together and with other guilds. I kind of am striving to get back to my roots and maybe a fresh start on a new faction might help.

I think we'll be a good fit for you. We don't do any RP-PVP whatsoever, and don't have any plans to.

We're all about straight roleplay with in-depth stories.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Hunter
That's really what I like. I'm all about developing my characters, that's what's fun to me.
Reply Quote
You might also be able to Mack connections in the various inns, granted I've been out of the loop for awhile but SW tavers have their own locals of a sort in each quarter.

I recall Darkshire actually had some dedicated people some time ago but not sure if they've moved on or not, as well as lakeshire. There was a time a group was based out if the Westbrook garrison but I think either thy have moved on or are a RP-PvP which you said you want to avoid currently.
Edited by Nebunata on 3/7/2013 9:16 PM PST
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Hunter
Yeah, the RP-PvP tune is just old for me. Either way I have to do quite a bit of reading up on my Alliance lore, particularly Worgen. I don't know that much about them, really.
Reply Quote
100 Worgen Druid
Whichever character you end up going with, I hope your time on the alliance side is fun.
Reply Quote
85 Human Priest
You should dredge up Ferenold's guilde to Worgen Roleplaying... I'll see if I can find it for you. It was actually the first good, comprehensive guide that I found when I was just an Worgen whippersnapper... like six months ago. But yeah, it gives you a good basis on which to start your character, IMO, which is the most important part because the rest can sort of some to you bit by bit as you RP more.

Check Shadowfang Keep and Pyrewood village out during peak hours, both Order of the Orchid and the Blades of Greymane RP there so it is a pretty good spot to go guild-watching.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Hunter
Yeah, I read over the post he made about the guild, which was informative about the overall basics of their lifestyle. However I still need to learn a lot about how Gilneans relate to the other humans and more about the curse. I know some since I did all the Silverpine quests and I've rolled one and played through the starter zone, but it's probably not in depth enough (at least for me) to start a character with. I don't want to do anything super wrong. xD
Reply Quote
100 Human Death Knight
Death knights. I don't think I've seen a co-ordinated group of DKs on Horde side like I have alliance side in the Knights of Menethil.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
Yeah, I read over the post he made about the guild, which was informative about the overall basics of their lifestyle. However I still need to learn a lot about how Gilneans relate to the other humans and more about the curse. I know some since I did all the Silverpine quests and I've rolled one and played through the starter zone, but it's probably not in depth enough (at least for me) to start a character with. I don't want to do anything super wrong. xD

I have a compendium of Gilnean lore, as well as the aforementioned guide that you can take a look at. Here's a link to the guide: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/4015342601.

That ought to inform you about the curse. If you have any other questions, feel free to throw 'em to me in-game.

If you want the compendium of gilnean lore (pretty much all lore about Gilneas) send an e-mail to ddobiwon@yahoo.com.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid

If you decide to return to the Alliance for another shot, feel free to get in touch with me in-game for some roleplay. I'm not in a druid or Night Elf specific guild. In fact, I also wanted to find a non-military and non-racial/class-specific RP guild and decided to make my own. The Traveler's Society is more focused on developing unique/individual characters through IC stories than anything else.

Anyway, I'm always looking for someone to meet ICly. It's through the IC stories that we RP that shape who our characters are. To me, that's what makes roleplaying enjoyable. Regardless of everything else, I'm always up for RP if you want to meet my druid. Even if you just have questions about the Alliance side, feel free to ask. I've played since Vanilla and have spent a great deal of time on both factions.
Edited by Obscura on 3/8/2013 9:58 AM PST
Reply Quote
*ahem*
"Keep off the grass, (No Dogs Allowed)
All pups and hounds, (You're not our crowd)
You don't belong, (Obey the signs)
You're out of bounds. (And boundary lines)

You pant and wheeze, (You're out of place)
And carry fleas, (You bark and chase)
You're not our crowd, (You're not our crowd)
No Dogs Allowed. (No Dogs Allowed)
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Rogue
Darnassus offers a wide set of RP locations, though mostly for Night Elves since it is their city. You'll often find Night Elves speaking in Darnassian there, meaning you may feel excluded from time to time.

I hear there is also RP in Duskwood and Dalaran.

In terms of guilds, there are a wide variety, ranging from military to township, from race-only to non-race specific.

If you plan on making a Night Elf, such as if you transfer your druid back and make her/him one, I hope you check The Moonblade out.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Hunter
Got no guild to offer you myself, but if you ever want to RP Alliance side I'd be up for it Valeira. I know a little bit about worgen and Gilnean lore, and perhaps I could help you refine your character's story. Either way, good luck if you do come over to A-side.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
Welcome to the Blueberry Club. We're much cooler than the Strawberry Club.

I started Horde-side years ago on MG. I bounced back and forth on some characters, before finally settling Alliance side.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]