Survival Hunter Haste/Crit question

90 Orc Hunter
So I have been reforging, digging, and searching the forums for an answer to this and have yet to find one.

I have always stacked Crit over haste as a survival hunter but lately have been hearing that I needed more haste. I know it is really gear dependent but, can someone give me a % that I should be shooting for with haste/crit? I am at 493 ilvl and am currently @ 9.35% Haste unbuffed and 21.12% crit.

I have heard I have too much haste, and i have heard i should be @ 15% haste. What really is my target here?

I have done a bunch of reforging and i think what I have found is, that with more haste (11-13%) I can get upto max dps faster. However in the end my dps seems to end up lower than less haste and more crit.

I just got a cpl more gears last night and have not been able to dps test with new gear but, at ilvl 491 here are some rough #'s that I was getting.

Raid Training Dummy DPS solo buffed w/ Snake Pet and all CD's (no pots/flask):

Haste @ 9.35%
Crit @ 21.12%
Hit @ 7.15% EXP @ 7.5

My initial burst: 94-101K
After 30-45 seconds: 83-85K

When I increase haste and lower crit a little, the initial burst is slightly lower but faster to get there, and the sustained is about the same. I can see the numbers are close enough to not really care, what i am really looking for is a skilled hunters opinions on whether or not those #'s are good for gear score or if they are pretty low. If they are low, how do i fix them? What is your stat priority like? I know the survival rotaion like the back of my hand so I know that is not the issue, if there is one.

Here is a world of logs link to Tsu Long and Lei Shei last night...take a look and tell me what can be improved.

Thanks for any advice/opinions.

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-s882qmee9o5vkx70/
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Hunter
Haste is the worst stat by far for Survival. Go Crit > Mastery > Haste. Haste died out for Surv and Beast when Haste plateaus stopped existing for them.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Hunter
Bullettime is wrong about haste being the worst stat. Haste affects your RPPM trinkets, so the more haste you have the more procs you have. Haste is much better than Mastery, and its getting close to crit with atleast 1 RPPM trink.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Hunter
No matter how good Haste is, it won't be as good as Crit. Nothing I've seen or simmed suggests it would be.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Hunter
Bullettime is wrong about haste being the worst stat. Haste affects your RPPM trinkets, so the more haste you have the more procs you have. Haste is much better than Mastery, and its getting close to crit with atleast 1 RPPM trink.

You do realize your necroed a month old thread that had an opinion formed based on the simulation data at the time and before the RPPM trinkets got buffed right? I'm convinced that the average forum poster has cataracts and just can't see dates given the lack of attention to them on a regular basis, whether it be arguing an old point from before buffs/changes or sometimes necroing years old threads.

Also, Haste will never reach Crit aside from a Patchwerk simulation due to shot cycles and Haste plateaus only existing on said Patchwerk sims. They do not exist in real time application. This causes sims to overvalue Haste.
Edited by Bullettime on 4/9/2013 2:51 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Hunter

This is all good and dandy but the question on everyone's mind is what haste level will I need to reach to be able to proc voodoo gnomes with every shot or at least every other shot?

I assure you I am not building an evil army of voodoo gnomes and this is just for mere scientific curiosity.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Hunter
running a quick sim your stat weights at 10000 iterations on a patchwerk fight are as follows:
Crit:1.43
Haste:1.59
Mastery:0.74

so your general priority for reforging is: haste>crit>mastery
feel free to download simcraft and run your own. but this is what my stat prio sim says.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
running a quick sim your stat weights at 10000 iterations on a patchwerk fight are as follows:
Crit:1.43
Haste:1.59
Mastery:0.74

so your general priority for reforging is: haste>crit>mastery
feel free to download simcraft and run your own. but this is what my stat prio sim says.

Also, Haste will never reach Crit aside from a Patchwerk simulation due to shot cycles and Haste plateaus only existing on said Patchwerk sims. They do not exist in real time application. This causes sims to overvalue Haste.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Hunter
Haste is the most important stat. Increase overall damage. Try it see if it doesn't work.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Hunter
Yeah this necro....not going to lie, I reported you for this.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]