You cannot log in while using WOW Remote.

4 Orc Warrior
Log in, and I get a message that says "You cannot log in while using World of Warcraft Remote"
It happens when I click "Enter World"

Second time it's happened after 5.2 (never before)
1. I don't use the remote.
2. I did log in to the forums from work today using my phone to supply internet connectivity.

I click the OK button, then Enter World again, and it works.
100 Worgen Druid
Ditto. Played on two toons this morning, tried to log into this one and I'm getting that error now, except I still can't log in.

Took three tries but it let me log in again.
Edited by Yuggothfungi on 3/9/2013 6:40 AM PST
100 Draenei Paladin
I've gotten this message twice now, I have never downloaded the WoW Remote nor accessed any portion of the game or website from a mobile device. I'll be honest I got a little freaked out when I got it the first time, changed my password and ran two different scans on my computer both of which came up negative. If we could get some kind of explanation as to why this error message crops up since 5.2 that would be swell.
90 Goblin Warlock
I had the same problem, and it turns out it was a hacker using the remote auction house to take all my gold. So beware! If you get one of these weird messages, change your passwords immediately and check your pockets.
90 Undead Priest
I just got the message last night when trying to enter world. Like you, I've never used WoW Remote. I don't even have the app downloaded on my phone, and I don't use the web-based AH.

I've heard mumbles about how this can be a possible hacking attempt, where the hacker tries to buy ridiculously priced items off of the AH using WoW Remote so I took the necessary precautions.

It would be nice to know if this is a bug new to patch 5.2, or if it is more likely to be a hacking attempt. There have been quite a few threads posted about this in the last week. Also, does anyone know if the remote AH requires an authenticator key to buy/sell auctions if you have one attached to your account?
Edited by Cleverbits on 3/15/2013 7:24 PM PDT
90 Human Rogue
just got it about 8 times before it let me log in
100 Pandaren Warrior
Just happened to me now. What's up Blizzard is there something you ain't telling us?
100 Human Warrior
I just got this same error before, and while I have the iphone wow app on my phone, I've not used it for awhile.

Was a very disconcerting error, tho the 2nd time I tried I was able to log in.
100 Night Elf Druid
This just started happening for me, since adding the remote security option on my cellphone. I've attempted to log into my hunter 5 times now, and I'm still trying.
90 Tauren Paladin
I just got this for the first time ever - I was able to try again and immediately get in, however I am freaked that this is some sort of security breach or something! Should we be concerned and change PW's and stuff?? Would really appreciate a blue post on this one!
90 Undead Mage
Just happened to me. Not sure what it's about, but I'm off to change my PW.
90 Blood Elf Mage
Same message for me this morning (again)

I don't use wow remote and the only option I have is to try again, and again, and again or simply not play this character.
90 Undead Rogue
Hmm same problem
90 Goblin Warlock
same here
91 Blood Elf Mage
yep happening to me, just after I closed my ticket too :'(
90 Goblin Rogue
I have had this happen twice today. Both times it was after a disconnect and then trying to relog. Only way I was able to get around it was to log on another toon then relog the dc'd toon.
Edited by Dìabla on 5/23/2013 3:20 PM PDT
90 Gnome Warlock
Just happened to me, although I was posting in a thread here at the time, so maybe that's the cause.

In any case its probably a result from their hotfix to end the latest round of duping items
<- just now
85 Orc Warlock
i just got that too but i was also on the forums reading posts so that might have had something to do with it
100 Undead Rogue
This was happening to me too. Not sure why. I logged onto another toon, and then it was fixed.
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Explain (256 characters max)