Grats Blizzard. You Win. You defeated me.

Been playing 5 years on Illidan alliance, and as my acheive points show, I've done my best to enjoy all aspects of the game. Since paid transfer and faction change, there is now usually a 100 to 1 ratio of Horde to Alliance on. I leveled to 90 in MoP in basically Jade Forest alone as I was unable to quest anywhere. I did my dailies at off hours sticking to the edges of the zone/areas, getting killed about 10-15 times per quest. I put up with an AH that has about 1000 items by leveling each profession/farming abilites on alts so that I can craft/make everything in the game. I dealt with not being able to find more than 5 people on the server willing to raid MSV 10m, we took people in greens/blues and in 5 attempts (only 5 weeks we were able to find 10 people to go) we beat the first 2 bosses. We did a few RBGs and even won a couple.

So then 5.2 hits and with a group of 3, in over an hour, we were physically unable to complete quests. We were forced to xrealm (of course we couldn't do it together as it would phased us back to Illidan). So, we have 3 guildies who are trying to fight the good fight and we each had to xrealm to other servers to complete quests. Yet....each day Blizzard allows people to pay to transfer to a server that is listed as FULL. There is no other motive than pure greed and selfishness. I don't mind PVP, I like it, however there is a difference between PVP and a 1v40 AV. I challenge any of you Blue Posters to create a 90 on Alliance Illidan and tell me that you enjoy game play. I have nine 90s on this server and a lvl 25 guild as well so I can't just pick up and leave without a huge cost.

If the trend is to make daily quests in a zone as small as the new one, you've lost a customer. Just make server's faction based or do something to balance them. I'm just disgusted and upset.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
5 years?
thats all?

end of the line.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
03/07/2013 02:02 PMPosted by Attilo
There is no other motive than pure greed and selfishness.

pst: they are a "company" not a non for profit.

Move characters slowly off if you feel that the game is not fun due to imbalance. There is nothing they can do. If they offer free transfers what are the chances that people that paid for transfers to freak out? Bet it is pretty good.
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Death Knight
If I had to transfer to another realm, I'd transfer one maxed-out character, with a full set of heirlooms for alts. Then roll up lowbies.

From what everyone says, it's SUPPOSED to be easy to level (I'm just not that dedicated a player to work on my alts and still keep my main working towards its goals). So just move the one character to a balanced PvP server (if there's one?).
Reply Quote
2 Human Warrior
Yeah its called re-rolling elsewhere. You would think after leveling Nine level 90's on an imbalanced server it would clue in that "Gee my game experience maybe better if i re-roll on another server".
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warrior
Your on the highest populated server in the game, which is PvP, and you are complaining about wPvP?

Do you know how bad you are making yourself look right now?
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Mage
03/07/2013 02:15 PMPosted by Superman
Since paid transfer and faction change, there is now usually a 100 to 1 ratio of Horde to Alliance on.

Why would you pay $55 to get beat up? WTF were ya thinking just jumping into a horde heavy pvp realm? lol After 5 years of playing, you'd think you would know that PvP realms are cesspools and there are server imbalances. You chopped off your own hand and you are blaming Blizz... nice.

Own your mistake... you moved there by paying for it. They didn't just move you. >.<

You are incredibly unintelligent.
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Death Knight
03/07/2013 02:15 PMPosted by Superman
Since paid transfer and faction change, there is now usually a 100 to 1 ratio of Horde to Alliance on.

Why would you pay $55 to get beat up? WTF were ya thinking just jumping into a horde heavy pvp realm? lol After 5 years of playing, you'd think you would know that PvP realms are cesspools and there are server imbalances. You chopped off your own hand and you are blaming Blizz... nice.

Own your mistake... you moved there by paying for it. They didn't just move you. >.<

To be fair, in reading these forums these last few weeks, it's likely the server was more balanced when he joined. But with paid transfers, and the exodus of players from low-pop to high-pop realms, a LOT of PvP servers have become very imbalanced.

Finding one where the difference is within 10% (say, 55% to 45%) is apparently very difficult. Add in trying to find a high enough population (for a stable economy, at least), and it's apparently near impossible.

I think I've only heard of one PvP server that meets both of those qualifications. And since I don't PvP (except for those two battlegrounds I'll have to do for the legendary quest :-), I didn't pay attention to its name.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Monk
Lol, too bad. The new island is amazing for PvP servers.

I do believe blizzard needs to eliminate all racials that affect gameplay, and then offer free transfers to balance faction populations-- However I don't believe this kind of complaining is productive.

There's a case to be made for PvPers being alliance and PvE'ers being horde, eliminate the racials that cause this imablance and I think you'll see the imbalance lessen.
Reply Quote
72 Human Rogue
Blizzard. Does. Not. Care.

If they cared about the long term health, as it were, of the game and its community, then they would never have allowed realm/faction transfers to begin with. And for the longest time, they didn't! Then the line in the sand was no pve->pvp transfers, to prevent people from leveling on a pve server hassle-free and then arriving ready to rumble at cap. They caved on that too. Popular demand? Sure, insofar as it indicated what a cash cow they had on their hands. No, they would have instead offered in-game player and/or guild incentives to roll on a low-pop server [and take your character to cap]. And LFD/LFR/CRZ only exacerbate the problem.

Realm pride? Gone. Sense of realm community? Gone. Personal reputation? Completely gone. Amazingly, thankfully, faction pride still exists on RP servers, which can stir up some realm pride too, but RP notwithstanding, forget about it.
Edited by Andranael on 3/7/2013 2:32 PM PST
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Druid
Illidan wasn't always this way. By the end of BC it was maybe 60/40. Near the end of Wrath (before they changed how wintergrasp worked) we had 40+ horde hanging around the alliance GY in wintergrasp shooting at the <10 alliance there. Leveling in Cata was actually kind of like a PvP server, I remember fighting small groups of alliance and getting ganked occasionally. By the end of Cata they were all gone.

I leveled an alliance on Illidan during Cata, had some fun ganking with a friend, but in the end I transferred them off.
Reply Quote
72 Human Rogue
I love your name, GheedWarriv. :D
Reply Quote
I've only been playing this toon since Cataclysm and I've hit 8350 achievement points. Not that hard.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman
You chopped off your own hand and you are blaming Blizz... nice.
Reply Quote
100 Dwarf Hunter
I played on PvP servers for a long time. My wife finally got upset one day and rerolled on a PvE server. I followed her kicking and screaming, because this was not at a time when leveling was the snap it is today. (We didn't transfer we started all over again.)
You know, have to say it's a lot more peaceful. If I want to PvP I queue for it. Seems to be the best solution. Yeah, it's exciting in a PvP environment, but at the end of the day it's all about quality of entertainment.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warlock
ya kinda shot yourself in the foot OP. It's not really Blizzards fault it took you five years to notice you made a poor decision.
Reply Quote
85 Orc Warlock
03/07/2013 02:42 PMPosted by Cinnamonchex
You chopped off your own hand and you are blaming Blizz... nice.

OP=Merle
Blizz=Rick
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Mage
I just spent the last hour or so in a 3-man guild group, stomping around the Isle Of Thunder, completing dailies, killing rares, & having a grand old time.

But then, I'm on a PvE server, where we don't have to worry about stupid PvP crap getting in the way.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]