Grats Blizzard. You Win. You defeated me.

Sounds like blizzard tried to help you by adding CRZ so you would not be outnumbered what did blizzard do wrong? would you have prefered just you and your 2 friends against 8000 of the other faction?
Reply Quote
91 Pandaren Shaman
03/08/2013 06:54 AMPosted by Superman
throw fists full of money at blizzard.

He JUST threw $55 @ blizz to change him from Horde to Alliance and move him to a Horde Heavy pvp realm. Did you miss the part where he screwed himself outta $55 and enjoyment by moving to the wrong realm? lol

Superman, I have read the OP's post several times and I'm missing this. The impression I get is that OP has been there for five years and did not transfer or faction change at all. Where are you finding this information? If you're correct, I completely agree with your points.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Mage
03/08/2013 06:54 AMPosted by Superman
throw fists full of money at blizzard.

He JUST threw $55 @ blizz to change him from Horde to Alliance and move him to a Horde Heavy pvp realm. Did you miss the part where he screwed himself outta $55 and enjoyment by moving to the wrong realm? lol

Um...

I think you're misinterpreting what the OP said.

What he meant wasn't that he paid to transfer there recently. What he meant was that because Blizzard chose to allow paid realm transfers, the player balance on the realm he's been on for 5 years has shifted extraordinarily due to Horde transferring to the realm and Alliance transferring away from the realm.
Reply Quote
91 Pandaren Shaman
Sounds like blizzard tried to help you by adding CRZ so you would not be outnumbered what did blizzard do wrong? would you have prefered just you and your 2 friends against 8000 of the other faction?

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but the questing zones the OP is talking about are not CRZ. Blizzard has done nothing to help someone in OP's situation, and it IS in fact three against 8000 (or some other ridiculously high number), due to no fault of the OP.

Why should the OP, a paying customer, be forced to spend almost $300 to fix a situation they have absolutely no fault in?
Edited by Taeus on 3/8/2013 8:18 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Sorry you couldn't enjoy the game. Best wishes in your next game.
Reply Quote
People claim this isn't Blizzard's fault but imo it is for one key reason. Like someone else pointed out, Illidan wasn't that unbalanced at the end of BC and didn't start becoming extremely lopsided until the end of Wrath. When U.S./World rankings started to be known by the masses, it was quickly realized that Horde/Illidan was the place to be for raiding and people transferred there in droves. It was already a full server before the massive imbalance started. You should never be able to transfer characters to a full realm unless you already have a max level character there.

1000 times this ^. I have a lowbie alt on Illidan Alliance that go I play when I get bored and feel like challenging my pvp survival skills. Unlike the OP I went there knowing for the most part what I was getting into and went there deliberately with purpose so I enjoy my time there when I go. My main is not there so I can always come back when I'm done entertaining my inner thrill seeker. She is only level 42 though so all the areas I've played in have had crz and I've been able to get help if I need it. Huge thanks to Sargaras and Bleeding Hollow for their local defense efforts.

The people who actually stick it out on Illidan Alliance (and other similar faction imbalanced servers) have to be some of the toughest players in the game. If you want mats on that server you better have a toon that can farm them. Want to go buy some gear off the AH to fill your gaps? There's no gear on the AH. Hell, there's no bags on the AH either. The most basic stuff is just plain not there. This is not an issue with crz comepetition taking all the resources. I have a herb/miner , the nodes are there but there are not enough people farming or posting anything.
At any given time if you do a /who in Stormwind you might come up with 10 people.

Like I said before, I don't have complaints about my own situation there. I walked into it for my own reasons but I really feel for the residents. Blizz could have kept those servers balanced as they saw the problem developing. It should have been important enough to the quality of their product to stop transfers to a particular faction on a particular realm until the other faction could catch up. I'm not talking about an exact 1:1 balance but something that allowed both factions to retain a presence. If I were a new player and had blindly stumbled onto a realm where the balance was so horrible and didn't know anything about the game prior I would not have stayed past the free trial. This is their product and their lively hood and these server's aren't just faulty they're outright broken. Then on top of the already bad situation they knowingly designed a questing area that leaves the lesser faction nowhere to hide. How is this sort of carelessness *not* Blizzard's fault?
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
I feel for alliance on Illidan. The server was more balanced long ago, but now the Horde outnumber the Alliance so much that Illidan is pretty much a horde PVE realm. I can count on one hand how many allys I've seen in Pandaria since MOP launched. When I have, like the OP said, they're on the edges in the Jade Forest to avoid getting ganked or in Halfhill where they can't. That can't be any fun. I do think Blizzard should offer free transfers to the outnumbered faction on PVP realms when the imbalance gets as bad as it is on Illidan. At least for some of their characters. I would rather comp a few transfers than lose subscribers.
Reply Quote
85 Human Mage

Well, unfortunately for him, there's no CRZ in the high level zones.

Cheers.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Death Knight
I wouldn't play on a realm where you need addons to even have tradechat on, and for each player, there are 5 gold farmers.

I've played on High Pop and Full realms before, including Illidan. And honestly? I'd go back to any of them but Illidan.

Your best bet is to slowly transfer chars off the server.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
I wouldn't play on a realm where you need addons to even have tradechat on, and for each player, there are 5 gold farmers.

That's not his issue. Besides, what you're talking about is horde side. He's alliance. You don't need Blockchinese, etc for ally trade.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Shaman
OP has a good point, I spent time on Kel'thuzad which is the same in comparison but A->H in the same ratio.

Blizzard, do more to fix low pop realms/imbalanced servers
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
Illidan is the most populated server on the game, and is pretty much 100% horde. I bet darkspear horde feels the same way.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warlock
You are absolutely right. they have to be aware that this is a problem. Other games solve this by making it easy to move or merging realms.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
OP has a good point, I spent time on Kel'thuzad which is the same in comparison but A->H in the same ratio.

Blizzard, do more to fix low pop realms/imbalanced servers

Do more instead of the nothing that they're currently doing. They could give free transfers to the low pop faction, they could give xp boosts to the low pop faction, they could cap transfers to the high pop faction, they could announce a forced server transfer from the high pop faction, and allow guilds/friends a good amount of time to choose, they could give extra loot tokens to the low pop faction, or just some minor loot bonus like the potion of luck gives.

Not all of those are great. I'm sure Blizz could come up with some even better ideas. Leaving factions imbalanced, and low pop servers low pop, and never addressing the issue is a problem.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Hunter
im sure horde on KT or sargeras got the same problem too.
Reply Quote
93 Goblin Shaman
5 years?
thats all?

end of the line.

Sad thing- I've been playing since before the achieve system was implemented.

Shows you how much I really care about those points, right? I just get them when I get them.
Edited by Jujubiju on 3/8/2013 10:54 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Warlock
I play alliance wpvp...it is difficult but my group and guild enjoy it very much...if you need help please mail me in game or one of our other members in local defense. We are always looking for more pvp members and enjoy helping the server. The inbalance is what I was looking for but not for everyone.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]