90 Pandaren Monk
I found this rare in Townlong Steppes and I must say... you guys seem to be really striving to take "ridiculous", "cheap" and "frustrating" to new levels, aren't you?

For anybody who hasn't fought one of these yet, it is a Lv91 troll with ~5.7 million health. He doesn't really hit all that hard, but he has 3 abilities:

1). Thundersomethingrather stomp attack. Cone AoE, hits for about 220k damage.
2). Fear. Very fast casting fear, lasts ~7 seconds, and does not suffer diminishing returns.
3). Summon ghost. Summons a slow-moving ghost that melees for 90k per swing.

So you obviously have to kite this guy, right? Sounds simple...

Until he tries to cast his fear. Given that every class except Shaman who has interrupts, have MELEE RANGE interrupts on a mob you have to drag away from his ghost... this starts getting very cheap very quickly.

After a few deaths and learning, I got him down 609k health. Wanna know what happened?

I didn't die.

HE F---ING RESET HIMSELF after fearing me.

Seriously.

Why can't you guys fix this, Blizz? Hozen Rares still reset themselves too (had Bonobos do this BS to me earlier, had him at 20% and he uses Going Bananas and then resets himself because he hopped too far away from his original spawn area).

Dying to a mob's mechanic kinda sucks, but I can deal with it. That means I need to be better.

Losing a mob because he freaking Evade resets himself because you were trying to deal with his mechanics like you're supposed to? That is cheap beyond words.

Is this the only way you guys can think of to make rares "Interesting"? Make them reset themselves over every little mistake? Give them attacks that are near one-shots?

Seriously.

How about we make this a little more reasonable? Any of the following ideas would work:

1). Fix the Evade-reset issue on these and Hozen rares, kthx.
2). Add an extra second onto the cast time of his fear spell, esp since we're supposed to kite these guys anyways.
3). Make him summon his ghost a little less frequent, maybe there'll be more opportunities where he casts fear when we're NOT trying to drag him away from his ghost friend.

But seriously.

EVADE BUGS FREAKING SUCK. FIX THEM ALREADY.
Reply Quote
87 Dwarf Death Knight
Wait till you get to the Warbringers.
Reply Quote
100 Undead Warlock
You can't interrupt it? I don't have trouble with them. Even when they have the spirit ability, it's just a slow kite.
They're supposed to be slightly harder to kill than normal rares, they give rep bonuses and stuffs.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman
You can interupt the fear. all the other abilities are avoidable. just requires you to be on your toes.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Druid
First week of the patch, it's bound to happen. Either way I suppose they are suppose to be a bit challenging.

*Gasp* Did I use the word Challenging?

Freaky.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
You can't interrupt it? I don't have trouble with them. Even when they have the spirit ability, it's just a slow kite.
They're supposed to be slightly harder to kill than normal rares, they give rep bonuses and stuffs.

Every time I try, he starts casting fear, I run up to him mash the interrupt key... and he still somehow casts the fear despite me hitting the button before he finishes casting it.

The spell is just too freaking quick casting.

And I get he's supposed to be harder, but nothing is more annoying than Evade-resetting just because he feared you.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
First week of the patch, it's bound to happen.

Hozen Rares are still resetting themselves after "Going Bananas" and they've been in the game since September.......
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Druid
Hozen Rares are still resetting themselves after "Going Bananas" and they've been in the game since September.......

Really? I've never had it happen.

And I've killed a few of them myself.
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Druid
The only thing bad is that he can fear you far enough that he resets, which should never happen.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
I saw someone SOLO a warbringer. I've noticed that some (okay a lot) of the mobs on the Isle of Thunder are very buggy, lots of evades and such.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
The only thing bad is that he can fear you far enough that he resets, which should never happen.

E-Freaking-Xactly.

About time someone actually gets what the thread is about.

Mobs resetting themselves because of their mechanics is just plain stupid.

And the time I had him to 609k? was right beside where I tagged him.

But since they have him running up and down a HUGE FREAKING ROAD, his "Spawn Point" moved down quite a ways while I was fighting him.
Reply Quote
100 Gnome Warlock
...They're not meant to be soloed.

They're meant to be taken in a group.
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
what? ive solod several of them so far and havent come close to dying, no kiting involved.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
03/07/2013 07:35 PMPosted by Cøron

I've killed far more than a few...

Major Nanners and Bonobos are particularly lousy for Evade-resetting.

The ones in Krasarang, Kun-Lai, Dread Wastes and Townlong Steppes are either in caves or on small areas where they can't jump away from.

You were probably killing the ones in the caves that CAN'T evade because there's not enough room for them to jump that far.

Edit: The one in Jade Forest did it to me once, but it usually dies too fast due to it only being 85 and only having just over a million health.
Edited by Chihua on 3/7/2013 7:41 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
SoF
03/07/2013 07:37 PMPosted by Chihua

E-Freaking-Xactly.

But since they have him running up and down a HUGE FREAKING ROAD, his "Spawn Point" moved down quite a ways while I was fighting him.

Did you use Xuen? If he fears you with Xuen up, he'll just beat on Xuen instead. Alternatively, equip a PvP trinket.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Druid
I've killed far more than a few...

Major Nanners and Bonobos are particularly lousy for Evade-resetting.

The ones in Krasarang, Kun-Lai, Dread Wastes and Townlong Steppes are either in caves or on small areas where they can't jump away from.

You were probably killing the ones in the caves that CAN'T evade because there's not enough room for them to jump that far.

Edit: The one in Jade Forest did it to me once, but it usually dies too fast due to it only being 85 and only having just over a million health.

I've killed Major Nanners. I've also killed the one in Jade Forest, and the one in VotFW. None of them have ever rest on me. And that's after killing them a lot.
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Paladin
03/07/2013 07:35 PMPosted by Cøron

I've fought Nanners on my new tank, and he reset himself 5, 6 times before I killed him, ALWAYS on going Bananas.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
03/07/2013 07:48 PMPosted by Irøh

E-Freaking-Xactly.

Did you use Xuen? If he fears you with Xuen up, he'll just beat on Xuen instead. Alternatively, equip a PvP trinket.

Should have specified in my OP that I was using a Blood DK to fight him at the time.
Reply Quote
100 Human Mage
Zandalari Warscout

Meant for a group. Not meant to be solo'd for the most part.
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Paladin
03/07/2013 09:15 PMPosted by Fairadey
Zandalari Warscout

Meant for a group. Not meant to be solo'd for the most part.

Warscouts can be soloed by any class more or less, they're a joke. But the Warbringers are going to be an issue, they've started this as well.

And it's an issue when the opposing faction outnumbers your group by more then 2:1 odds, and are determined to taunt the mob far away enough to reset him so they can tag. They tried it on me and another who were killing one, and we had 2 horde trying to taunt him far enough to reset him, while a few others were camping his spawn point to tag.

It's turned into an issue of 'who has the most taunts'. And these mobs are hard enough to kill without the added intervention of random restst (3 hunter group, he leashed back) or taunt far enough away from the spawn so he resets.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]