DinoSNORE: Isle of Giants

90 Night Elf Hunter
So, after you grab the triceratops book, is this place just for bone farming? I liked the feel of the island, and I was glad that even a scrub in scrubby gear like me could farm the dudes and get the book but I had been hoping when they said, "Hunters will need to learn the secrets of how to train this dudes" they meant it would be like a mini-quest chain or something.

I'm not knocking it though -- I was happy to be able to do it-- just seeing if I'm missing something.

It just feels like it had a lot of potential but no follow-through.
Edited by Pylsur on 3/8/2013 8:40 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Hunter
from what I understand it was going to be a quest chain ala warlocks but they scrubbed it at the last minute~

and yeah i was stuck there and got all the pets BEFORE the book -_- lol
Reply Quote
Theres super low drop rate eggs off the dinosaurs that can give you a raptor mount if you farm as well.

Otherwise just bones and pets
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
from what I understand it was going to be a quest chain ala warlocks but they scrubbed it at the last minute~

and yeah i was stuck there and got all the pets BEFORE the book -_- lol

Theres super low drop rate eggs off the dinosaurs that can give you a raptor mount if you farm as well.

Otherwise just bones and pets

Oh, well. Like I said, I really can't complain. It took me about an hour and I got 3 pets and the book. My gear is 450 so I was doing one dude at a time (2 if I used cooldowns) and a belf DK ran by and grabbed 4, killed them and then helped finish mine off.

I feigned death to hide my embarrassment.
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
I find that there is a lot of fun in just pretending to be a dinosaur with the Direhorn hide costume.

In an amusing visual bug, my offhand weapon hangs off one of the horns as a DW Frost.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
I feigned death to hide my embarrassment.

d'aaaaaw
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
Cant wait to start bone farming. Yes sirree.
Reply Quote
Actually, along with the bone farming, pets for Hunters and dino disguise, Oondasta, a new world boss sometimes appears in that big muddy patch on the upper portion of the island.

And he's tough. Very tough. Enough to give hardcore Heroic guilds trouble.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Hunter
I love that island so much, just sad that it's so crowded, even at the wee hours of the morning I'm on after work. :( I got my tome pretty quickly though, and one of the pets, so I'm pretty happy. Gonna slowly work my way up to 9999 bones.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
I love that island so much, just sad that it's so crowded, even at the wee hours of the morning I'm on after work. :( I got my tome pretty quickly though, and one of the pets, so I'm pretty happy. Gonna slowly work my way up to 9999 bones.

I gave my like 10 bones to the troll dude and he gave me two dollars. That is as much farming of bones as I will prob do.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
03/08/2013 08:54 PMPosted by Pylsur
doing one dude at a time (2 if I used cooldowns)

heh
Reply Quote
I can barely solo 1 stupid baby direhorn.

I watched a belf dk solo 2 big ones and 2 little ones.

Sigh Blood DKs
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]