Blackout Kick scaling...

85 Draenei Priest
I did a search and didn't really find anything that I was searching for on this subject.... so here goes.

First off, let me represent myself by telling you I play twink BG's. Currently my Monk calls the 20-24 Battleground home. I BiS'd Agility gear and got BiS Agility enchants as well as the Monk food (20 Agility) and 5% Agility Buff. This puts me pretty high above any normal twinker on the amount of Agility my Monk runs the Bg's with (Currently 241 Agility at level 24).

I am a little dumbfounded at the Agility scaling of Blackout Kick. My Blackout Kick delves for 230-270 damage with 241 Agility. This seems CONSIDERABLY low. With resilience and armor in place this equates to approximately 160 damage (or thereabouts) Blackout Kicks non crit. With well over 2000hp in this bracket I find this extremely laughable. My curiousity leads me to ask (even though I have absolutely no intelligent reason for asking) does Agility affect Blackout Kick? My first assumption is yes, since Monks use Agility Leather, but I can't for the life of me figure out why my Blackout Kick is so low with such high Agility.

Am I missing something profound, or is this just by design and gtfover it and move on?
Edited by Aavistus on 3/8/2013 6:51 PM PST
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Priest
Bump
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Priest
Bumping to hopefully get an answer
Reply Quote
84 Night Elf Druid
Blackout Kick scaling is pretty wonky right now, It's actually wasn't even worth using it over SFB (pre-5.2) because SFB did more damage and cost less Chi. It's not until you get MOP-level weapons that it even surpasses SFB in damage. Poor design, but unfortunately that's the way the cookie crumbles.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]