How to get into 5.2 LFR?

90 Gnome Warlock
I thought the 5.2 LFR had only an iLvl requirement (various sources seem to agree that this was lowered to 480 in mid-January on the PTR). My choices there stubbornly refuse to light up ("hey gnomie - you don't meet the minimum requirements for this raid") despite having over 480. A couple of people in general chat told me there was some achievement necessary - izzat true? Anybody know what's needed to get into those things?
Reply Quote
100 Human Warlock
LFR doesn't open yet.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Warlock
Thanks. *sigh* - life is just an extended conspiracy of loot-denial...
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warlock
Siiiigh

Or they just didnt want people blowing through LFR before most guilds even had a chance to walk into normals.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Warlock
Wait - have I misunderstood something? LFR is the weenie version of raids, yes? Ppl will gear in LFR and then graduate to normals? I must confess I haven't done a grown-up Pandaria raid at all yet, much less anything out of 5.2...
Reply Quote
90 Troll Warlock
They gave a schedule of opening for Normal/Heroic and LFR it's not really a surprise.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Warlock
Well, for the benefit of those who were surprised anyway because they didn't see that, I'm gonna paste it here...

With the release of Patch 5.2: The Thunder King, the vast Throne of Thunder raid will become available. As in previous raid tiers, Raid Finder wings and availability difficulties will be staggered.

To access the new Raid Finder wings you will need a minimum average item level (ilevel) of 480.

This is our current schedule based on a planned patch release date of March 5. If the patch is delayed, or if we determine any change is needed, we'll update this article.

March 5 – Normal Throne of Thunder

March 12 – Heroic Throne of Thunder and LFR Wing 1 "Last Stand of the Zandalari"

March 19 – LFR Wing 2 "Forgotten Depths"

April 2 – LFR Wing 3 "Halls of Flesh-Shaping"

April 16 – LFR Wing 4 "Pinnacle of Storms"
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]