Sunsong Ranch Work Order Quest Changes

Community Manager
One of the great new features in 5.2 is the ability to take over the Sunsong Ranch farm in the Valley of the Four Winds. You can do this by talking to Nana Mudclaw after reaching Exalted with The Tillers, and unlocking all 16 plots of the farm. When you take over the farm you can begin taking work orders for specific factions in Pandaria, allowing you to earn reputation with them simply by planting, harvesting, and delivering the items you grow.

The way your receive work orders on the Sunsong Ranch farm was changed recently which may cause some confusion. If you've been doing your work orders you probably have logged in and had the second work order in the series automatically pop-up in your quest list. This has been changed, and from now on you’ll receive the quest when you start harvesting your plants, or when you interact with the drop-off crate.

Enjoy farming for rep! nyuknyuknyuk
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Death Knight
thanks for the info bash
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Warlock
Hey Bio,
just making sure you know you forgot the rep most people need it is called Tushui...... it is a pain to get unless you just run randoms which I am very lucky to say that I don't need.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
Enjoy farming for rep! nyuknyuknyuk

Oh no you di-in't.
Reply Quote
90 Human Hunter
IMO, it's way easier to get Tushui rep than it is any others. You can get exalted simply while leveling an alt or by soloing a few old world dungeons if you're already 90
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Rogue
Sadly this change screwed me out of completing the turn in for August Celestials today, as one of my crops was bursting before the hotfix so I'd already harvested it :\ Oh well. time to try and get another bursting watermelon.

Update: I was able to grind out another bursting striped melon to complete the quest on schedule.
Edited by Bunni on 3/7/2013 8:13 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
Im still confused why even tho all my 90s are exalted with the tillers and were able complete the ownership quest of the farm
only my DK gets both quests, and my shaman gets just one quest
the rest , the post is there, but it has never had any of the work order quests
Reply Quote
70 Blood Elf Warlock
Im still confused why even tho all my 90s are exalted with the tillers and were able complete the ownership quest of the farm
only my DK gets both quests, and my shaman gets just one quest
the rest , the post is there, but it has never had any of the work order quests

Hell my alt cant do ANY quests, the bard is empty of quests :( I have a ticket open for assistance but nothing so far

and why the hell did this change to my alt lock from another server >.<
Edited by Defiante on 3/7/2013 8:15 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Death Knight
*fingers crossed*

One more round of August Celestial dailies, and one more harvest of veggies for them, and I'm exalted with all the 5.0/5.1 factions.

Unless something goes seriously wrong. :-)

Then I can spend the weekend grinding out the valor and Sunreaver Onslaught rep that I have neglected this week...
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
Taking over the Farm is a Trap - DO NOT DO IT

It will permenately remove your ability to do the quest to plant one crop (you dont even have to grow or harvest it) for a lesser charm every day (and some free gold), for virtually zero effort.

The new work orders require far more effort and sacrifices half your plot usage to get a lesser charm. The Work Orders do give Rep, but reps cap out quickly, you'll always want lesser charms. In the Long Run, you're not doing yourself any favors.

Trust me, if you are smart at all about being efficient with your time, in the long run, you'll regret taking over the Farm. I know I do. I think it's ridiculous that Bliz disabled the Grow quest without warning on this, it's far more valuable to me then these ridiculous Work Orders that are not worth doing once all your reps are capped.
Edited by Thanatosia on 3/7/2013 10:44 PM PST
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Hunter
a new meaning for "Rep Farming" im sure... i love it .. love the fact 100% bonus works with it too :)
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
Hey, can we get an option to give back the farm to Yoon?

Let me explain.

If you have you have no need for rep, the new work orders are in many orders of magnitude worst than the old Daily quest that Yoon would give you to just plant a random crop.

If I did the old quest I would get 9gold, 1 lesser, which I would then easily use to plant 15 crops of any kind or even destroy the one plant Yoon requested for the extra 16.

With the new work orders, unless you badly need rep, you are trading 40 crop for 19gold and 1 token, even at the lowest possible estimate value per crop, that is a terrible trade.

So ya, Yoon can have his farm back, the new work orders unless you truly badly need rep are terrible.
Reply Quote
100 Gnome Mage
Is there any benefit to taking over the farm if we are already exalted with all these factions? I feel like this being introduced so late MOST people are exalted with all these places already
Reply Quote
2 Human Warlock
Taking over the Farm is a Trap - DO NOT DO IT

It will permenately remove your ability to do the quest to plant one crop (you dont even have to grow or harvest it) for a lesser charm every day (and some free gold), for virtually zero effort.

The new work orders require far more effort and sacrifices half your plot usage to get a lesser charm. The Work Orders do give Rep, but reps cap out quickly, you'll always want lesser charms. In the Long Run, you're not doing yourself any favors.

Trust me, if you are smart at all about being efficient with your time, in the long run, you'll regret taking over the Farm. I know I do. I think it's ridiculous that Bliz disabled the Grow quest without warning on this, it's far more valuable to me then these ridiculous Work Orders that are not worth doing once all your reps are capped.

I seem to be getting the same amount of lesser charms, since the work orders have been giving some to me, and you can still get some from Yoon's dailies.

There is no trap, stop spreading misinformation.
Reply Quote
100 Gnome Mage
03/07/2013 11:24 PMPosted by Furycrab
With the new work orders, unless you badly need rep, you are trading 40 crop for 19gold and 1 token, even at the lowest possible estimate value per crop, that is a terrible trade.

I just read they no longer give gold also. so 100% useless now
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
Lux
I noticed some other people mention this already but I also would like to know how the possible work orders are determined. My main is daily offered the:
    Golden Lotus
    August Celestials
    Shadow Pan
    Klaxxi
    Operation Shieldwall

With Shieldwall being the only one I don't yet have capped on this toon. However, my alt has only even been offered the Klaxxi work orders, and this is frustrating as I'd love to complete 2 on the same day. I would have thought it was intended for that to be possible as your garden has enough room for 2 orders. I really hope a blue will respond to this with an explanation as to how it works, so if I'm doing something wrong I can fix it.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
The way I understand it is you only have to open up dailies with a faction before they are offered as work orders on the farm

However, my alt has only even been offered the Klaxxi work orders, and this is frustrating as I'd love to complete 2 on the same day
Reply Quote
6 Tauren Druid
Hey Bio,
just making sure you know you forgot the rep most people need it is called Tushui...... it is a pain to get unless you just run randoms which I am very lucky to say that I don't need.

Tushui was easy to get. You can get the rep for it as long as you have your tabard on in just about any dungeon. I got exalted with them just by clearing Magister's Terrace solo. I was hunting for pets to sell and had the tabard on. I got exalted in a couple hours. I don't know if they changed it or not, but it was easy as heck when I did it.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Mage
Thanatosia: the lesser charms drop off the quests at Halfhill, and I did 30 or 40 dailies today and got lessers for each one. There are still plenty to be had. :)
Reply Quote
Why no Order of the Cloudserpent Work Orders? Thats the only one i really care about on most alts.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]