90 Undead Priest
http://www.wowprogress.com/realms/rank/us
Ranked #73

Previous tiers.
T14 : 108
T13 : 146
T12 : 132
T11 : 115

Hopefully we can keep this going strong!

Edit: 83 today. QQ
Edited by Poena on 3/8/2013 10:19 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
The more successful we are the more appealing we become to transfer players. Maybe someday we can restore our former glory :)
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
To add to what Poena and Malevolence said it is not just the big guilds that matter here. Every one of our guilds that drops a raid boss for the first time in current content helps to move the server up the rankings. Great job Azjol!
Reply Quote
90 Undead Priest
The more successful we are the more appealing we become to transfer players. Maybe someday we can restore our former glory :)

Indeed. My post wasn't just about Infusion or Shard but for the realm as a whole.

Keep it up AN. GOOD progression is literally good for the entire realm.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Monk
its to bad your comparing first few days stats to what it will be sure we get a boost for but we will drop down and raise based on other servers dying off.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Priest
its to bad your comparing first few days stats to what it will be sure we get a boost for but we will drop down and raise based on other servers dying off.

So pessimistic.

Maybe we're just awesome! Either way, other servers dying off shows that we are still doing good as a realm because after 8 years... we are still here :P
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman
I hardly see any pugs on azjol, wish there were more free range players, even though most players on AN are casual. Which is quite ironic. I agree with Tarree but hope we're wrong and come out of nowhere and on top.
Reply Quote
46 Human Warlock
03/11/2013 12:01 PMPosted by Kipsofthemud
I hardly see any pugs on azjol, wish there were more free range players, even though most players on AN are casual.

Which leads me to wonder: Is Azjol really short bus, or just lazy?
Edited by Tourian on 4/29/2013 5:04 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Hunter
I give up!
Edited by Dieranged on 5/7/2013 10:32 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Mage
25 man is the only way you can be side by side with equals and fail to realize you just suck... then start looking for ways to improve you raiding style...

If you're standing on equal footing with the others in 25 man, then it's not you who sucks but the whole raid. And you may not realize it if you're the only one who sucks, but the other 24 people do :D

10 man you can't afford to teach or wait for someone to figure it out.. and it's easy to blame gear/ the fight

I'm willing to bet it's just as easy for me to blame gear in a 10 as it is in a 25. I however don't, I know I'm just mediocre after I left the game for a few months.
Edited by Glacios on 4/29/2013 3:36 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Warrior
04/29/2013 01:58 PMPosted by Dieranged
this server doesn't carry anyone into serious raiding.. Which means it also don't demand and/or teach serious raiding techniques .. So newer generations of raiding don't learn the little tricks of the trade...

Not sure If you're trying to say that older raiders were carried into raids and taught the tricks. If you want to be good, you learn them yourself and push it.

25 man is the only way you can be side by side with equals and fail to realize you just suck... then start looking for ways to improve you raiding style...

http://raidbots.com/epeenbot/us/azjol-nerub/dieranged/
There are many ways to look yourself up and find ways that you're lacking or excelling. Using the comparebot to compare # of shots and uptimes for example. It's laziness on this server. The fact that a 2/16H guild is 2nd 10 man on server right now is proof in that argument. Normal should be cleared for anyone that touched more than 2 heroics last tier by now and we only have one true 10 man kill of Lei Shen.

Now granted, this tier is absolutely brutal compared to past even with last tier being relatively hard.. Though didn't prefer the raids personally.
Edited by Entropius on 4/29/2013 3:56 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Hunter
I give up!
Edited by Dieranged on 5/7/2013 10:32 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Troll Hunter
( in other words, making it easy and not over thinking it) I meant it more as experienced raiders ( or long time raiders) had the ability to try and fail multiple times until they figured it out... and along the way learned techniques that help with raiding...

This isn't raiding, this is mindless farm. Once it becomes second nature and you're just going through the motions of something you've memorized, you're past raiding. You're farming, you're not challenging yourself, and you're probably not interested. First time I did Jin'rokh I did it as beast mastery. Second time I did it survival. Third time I did it marksman. Fourth time, survival. Fifth time, marksman with different talents. Now I consider it farm and there's not a whole lot left for me to learn about Jin'rokh.

Raiding isn't about making it easy and not over thinking it, raiding is about over complicating things, over thinking it and figuring out ways to make it easy through research, experimentation and execution. And it doesn't matter if you're raiding in WoW, playing Halo for the first time, joining a Summoners match in LoL, writing a resume or giving a seminar - it's the same theory. You get better by making it a challenge and then adapting to it, not by removing the challenge and reducing the minutae to an art.

Though reducing the minutae to an art is a fantastic way to push damage parses, if that's what you're into :)

But how many people on this server know about raidbots? How many know about worldoflogs? Or even know how to read logs?

How did anybody learn about WoL, raidbots or logs? They were interested and they looked it up. If you're not interested in raiding then you're not interested in raiding, that's just all there is to it. Azjol has never been incredibly interested in raiding. There are a few of you who are, and there are a few of you who are good at it, and everyone on azjol knows who they are because they know about these things through research. Which again, it comes down to overcomplicating, over thinking and figuring out ways to make your goals easy through research, experimentation and execution. If someone claims to be interested in raiding but hasn't done the research into it, I'd question exactly how interested they were. It's perfectly fine to be "mildly interested" or to say "this is a pass time of mine" without shame. But the fact is that if you can use a computer well enough to play a video games, you can probably use a computer well enough to operate google. "how to increase <class name> dps" is going to lead you to WoL, raidbots, and way - way more. So, ultimately, if they were interested, then they'd look it up. If they haven't, they weren't interested enough to look it up.

Sometimes "tidbits" like the prepot will get someone interested who wasn't. A light goes on and they wonder what else they could find if they looked. That's the first step of research. Until that happens, though, it's the interest thing again.

There's no such thing as being carried into serious raiding, being taught serious raid techniques or newer generations of raiders. These are just people personalities being applied to a different function. When I do write ups of bosses and post up videos I don't consider myself teaching anybody. Rather, I consider people who find them to be teaching themselves via research because they're interested. The resources are provided, it's up to others to find and then use them. It's the same for every facet of life.

Also, hey! This was originally a one sentence line but then I was all, eehh - I haven't posted on Azjols forums in a while, I can't just do one sentence. What would they think of me? Jade, one sentencing us, pft. What's the matter, Jade, something wrong? Cat got your tongue? Finally ran out of things to say? Haha. Jade running out of things to say. That's a good one, there.

There's only about 200 words left for this to hit the 5000 limit, and I was kind of aiming for that, but I've messed myself up here. There's no stories I can tell in under 200 words or less that is related to this discussion. So, sorry, guys. I'll have to short change you. It just feels wrong throwing this out there without at least purposefully hitting the limit for old times sake, but, y'know, that's just sort of how the cookie crumbles. We know a lot about cookie crumbling, and then just shrugging and continuing, right?
right?
right?
right?
right?
right?
right?
right?
right?
right?
right?
right?
right?
right?
!@#$%^-it THERE WAS MORE THAN I THOUGHT. Whatever. WHATEVER.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Mage
how to increase <class name> dps" is going to lead you to WoL, raidbots, and way - way more

Well ... I googled "How to increase mage dps" and there wasn't WoL or raidbots in the first 20 results bro. Obviously your entire post is now invalid. Bwa ha ha ha ha.

P.S. Hi.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Hunter
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/7004011435

This was my fifth result, it discusses WoL.
I added "2013" and this was the first result:
http://wow.joystiq.com/2013/02/13/5-tips-to-improve-your-dps-no-matter-your-spec/

Which discusses WoL, EJ, IV, Noxxic, HTP, TS, mr robot and simcraft. I'm technically listening to raid directions right now but I'm going to go ahead and assume that at least one of these is going to relink back to WoL again, and also raidbots, and also more things, like themselves.

ENTIRE POST IS VALID. You just didn't go deep enough.

Go deep enough.

edit; ps pps reciprocated hi
Edited by Jademcian on 5/1/2013 5:37 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
One of these Bings is not like the other...
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Priest
blahblahblah
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman
Tldr; beat that dead horse. Hard.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Warrior
05/01/2013 08:39 AMPosted by Jademcian
How did anybody learn about WoL, raidbots or logs? They were interested and they looked it up.

Kips, remember when we raided in <blazeandplaywow> ... I guaruntee you wol was never discussed, or known about by possibly anyone? Was my first raiding guild pretttty much. Had been in other super, super casual guilds before but no wol, raidlogs were ever discussed in those guilds. I can imagine a large majority of players will never use wol til they join semi-hardcore raiding, why would you otherwise, that is crazy. Maybe people are crazy and get interested in things like that I DUNO. I doubt it.

Anyways, did you know about wol/raidlogs w/e back then kips? I mean wth. Or had you raided beforehand on a semi-hardcore level-ish? I learned about wol as soon as I joined shard, basically I was forced to learn how to navigate around wol so I could see how bad I was. Wasn't using inner rage enough, other abilities not on cd ect ect.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Warrior
<insert tentacle disco party>
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]