25-29|Sundays@8ET|10.20.13|Updated

29 Undead Mage

6. Show other games! Not just the one where your team dominated.

Nastay, if you have other videos too then that would be great.

And I can try to personally talk to people ingame tonight about whether they'd be interested in doing this, and if so, what class/spec/faction that they can play. After we have a little over 20 ppl interested, we can start figuring out teams and the date for this to happen.
Edited by Jmasta on 3/10/2013 2:04 PM PDT
29 Blood Elf Mage
I am rewatching the vid, and have the following notes (some of which I have said before):

Thank you for this. I wish everyone would offer up a similar analysis.

1. I think your UI is fine, very clear text for viewers. Only thing I would suggest is reducing the transparency a bit on teammates out of range, it was tough to see their numbers at times.

I scaled down MSBT considerably after the video. I am considering removing many of the triggers that notify when an event has happened "x feared y" to reduce the clutter a bit while I'm playing. I can't pay attention to all of them simultaneously so at times they are a hindrance. The benefit is mainly for viewers who are able to have a wider "POV" for what is taking place without actually seeing (or hearing) the event. It would be most efficient for me to just have cast start triggers to concentrate on "X Fearing!".

I've removed some of the Pitbull activities going on with teammates such as damage on portraits. I wish that LoseControl would have 10 man raid capabilities. Platebuffs and Icicle, the buff/debuff and cooldown on nameplate addons are no longer being maintained by the original authors. Fan updates can only go so far, and the LibNamePlate behind Platebuffs is very outdated with the author personally confirming he has no interest in updating it because of the time involved and that no maintained addon is still using it. Overall I still need to put in time to precisely define which debuffs/buffs/cds I deem important enough to follow instead of using author defaults.

2. As a dps never pass by berserker hut without taking it.

:shrug: I should definitely be calling for a hard hitter to be picking it up. As a Mage, I would get targeted enough as it is, and would prefer to keep a lower profile until I can get some CC up.

3. You should never have to call up the main pvp map, it is such a huge distraction. I really (still) suggest Carbonite as a way to display it transparently on screen permanently at whatever size you want and it does show players in combat. It really is a hundred times better than the shift-M default map once you configure it properly by turning everything else off (a chore)

I tried Carbonite albeit without the transparency customization. I didn't like it. Maybe I'll give it another go.

4. Your battleground targets addon is not set to show enemy health?

I changed that since I've come back. It's very annoying that they don't have an option to turn off level text. As a workaround I edited the lua to remove that shenanigan. Apparently the author doesn't know twinks exist.

6. Show other games! Not just the one where your team dominated.

I want to. If you remember, the game we played right before that was screwy from the get go. It took about 5 minutes before we got the two people to afk and get our whole team in. That got me frazzled and I was too focused on making sure everyone was buffed and knew their roles, while trying to manage strategy. I realized I wasn't frapsing with about 9 minutes left in the game. 4 minutes were gameplay. The remaining 5 were an Alliance turtle to win 1-0. I didn't think it was worth editing and uploading.

I tried Frapsing last week but my comp kept bogging down whenever it would start recording a new file. Unfortunately I use USB 3.0 instead of eSata, and my main drive is an HDD. I've been patiently waiting for the Samsung 840 Pro 256 model to come into the $150 price range, but it might be a few more months.
29 Blood Elf Mage
45 till game time
29 Tauren Paladin
It would be nice if the map module of Carbonite was available separately, sucks having to do so much chores/configuring for so many twinks. If it is available as a separate addon (or one just as good), this would be where some helpful individual steps in to give us twinks a heads-up.

I agree, I have begged for that but the addon keeps getting bulkier and bulkier which means more difficulty for the authors to maintain it between patches.

In the meantime I have literally gone into every other setting and turned it off, and lo and behold I have a very nice pvp map. I have to scale them sometimes because they don't seem to stick, but if it gets too bad I can load the settings from another toon.
29 Blood Elf Mage
Battletag is looking slow atm
29 Tauren Paladin
03/10/2013 03:52 PMPosted by Nastaygurl
2. As a dps never pass by berserker hut without taking it.

:shrug: I should definitely be calling for a hard hitter to be picking it up. As a Mage, I would get targeted enough as it is, and would prefer to keep a lower profile until I can get some CC up.

Here's the reasoning...if you don't get it, someone on the other team is for sure going to get it.

So, not only are you looking at a significant boost to your power against an fc with stacks, you are keeping it away from someone who is trying to do the same to your fc.
Ok so I haven't seen the chests drop and I have checked multiple times but I got an answer back from a GM that says SJ Mithril still drops the chest in Gurubashi Arena so maybe it is bugged or something. I will keep checking.
29 Blood Elf Mage
Need folks to log on
29 Blood Elf Mage
Ok so I haven't seen the chests drop and I have checked multiple times but I got an answer back from a GM that says SJ Mithril still drops the chest in Gurubashi Arena so maybe it is bugged or something. I will keep checking.

AGM isn't even BIS outside arena anymore
29 Tauren Paladin
http://www.49pvp.com/qlist/
29 Tauren Paladin
AGM isn't even BIS outside arena anymore

I dunno if I buy into that yet. Overall damage reduction vs. on-demand burst absorption plus increase to stamina pool?

I see the points everyone is making on it though.

Edit: nm for the first time saw the on-use effect. I shall try it out tonite!
Edited by Imperialynx on 3/10/2013 6:04 PM PDT
29 Blood Elf Mage
http://49pvp.com/qlist/
29 Blood Elf Mage
I dunno if I buy into that yet. Overall damage reduction vs. on-demand burst absorption plus increase to stamina pool?

And the on use effect for 400-600 HP every 2 minutes.
29 Human Paladin
bump
29 Undead Mage
need ppl to log on!
29 Blood Elf Mage
Come on folks get home and log on
29 Undead Warrior
Qued
29 Blood Elf Mage
Going to do 7v7 wargame while we wait
29 Tauren Paladin
Get on the qlist dammit
29 Blood Elf Mage
Dom we need you to vent
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]