skinning broken or nerfed

90 Night Elf Druid
Only getting 1-2 exotic leather with guild perk. Either it got nerfed and we wern't told or its broken. Anyone else able to confirm they are seeing the same thing? I've gotten reports from people on my server with the same results.
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Druid
Same is happening to me skinned tons of level 90 mobs and only getting 1-2 exotic leather
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Hunter
Noticed this too. Also noticed they buffed the leeather you get from raptor seeds on the farm. Each plant now gives 3 to 4 leather rather then just one.
Reply Quote
100 Worgen Druid
I've been seeing the same thing even at lower level skinning like heavy or thick leather, takes forever to ge mats for LW
Reply Quote
90 Troll Warlock
It's been happening for me as well. I was farming rugged leather in Blasted Lands on an alt, and never received more than one leather per mob with the perk.
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Death Knight
Each plant now gives 3 to 4 leather rather then just one.

Saw this today. Seriously contemplating dropping skinning on my LW and just keep farming up the leather. Way less annoying than chain killing stuff with the returns being so low.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
I don't have a problem.

Maybe you are skinning the wrong mobs.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
I noticed it too but thought perhaps it could have just been bad rng. I was killing and skinning the level 90 goats up on that cliff in valley of the four winds (yes the ones that everyone hates for the fatty goatsteak quest). I only got 1 leather per skin, every once in a great while I would get 2, and it took forever to get what I needed.

I did also go up to the isle of giants just out of curiousity and skinned one of the small tricerotops and got 3 pieces of leather. but considering the hp on those that doesn't seem to be a reasonable source to farm either.
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Hunter
Yes! at the moment i'm trying to level skinning / LW and given i've just hit outland and I'm getting 1 leather scrap per kill and i need 5 scraps to make a leather and 5+ leathers to make a skill-up item (and again its only going to get more expensive once i get beyond my 300 skill) this means that i'm going to need to do something in the area of THOUSANDS of kills to get LW to 600.

Further, people i have talked to who skin also report 1 leather per skin. I get the occasional troll (or maybe really lucky player) who says they still get 3-5 leather per skin, but on the whole the consensus is 1 leather per skin.

Its outrageous! unless mining and herbalism have been nerfed (haven't seen that so far) this makes leather working, or at the very least leveling leather working by way of skinning impossible. I managed to grind 6 levels in blasted lands, simply to get the leather i needed to level LW.

Must be a bug, because god help anyone leveling skinning/LW if its not.

Hopefully maintenance fixes it, not holding my breath.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
Perhaps you are skinning the wrong mobs, and yes, depending on the mob, I can skin up to 5, sometimes 7 I've seen. Before you start labeling everybody as a troll, perhaps skinning goats isn't the best option if you are farming leather.
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Hunter
At the moment, im still levelling skinning / LW and am not at max level, even still pre 5.2 i would recieve 2-5 leather per mob (for example, yetis in feralas), now only 1. every single different mob i have skinned has only yielded 1 leather. given the guild perk and all of the different types of mob i have skinned its pretty damn unlikely that id only ever get 1 skin per mob. Yes i understand that some creatures are designed to drop more than 1 but as it stands i have yet to see (in over 400 kills / skins across many different type of creature) more than 1 leather drop. maybe its a lowbie thing, but since many other skinners are having the issue then there definitely seems like an issue has occurred.
Reply Quote
100 Orc Warrior
im having the same issue ..... i use to get 1 to 6 exotic leather now i get 1 to 2 off each mob unless they are leet dinos in isle of giants then i get like 2 to 3 wtf is going on .... another secret blizz gathering nerf oO?
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
Perhaps you are skinning the wrong mobs, and yes, depending on the mob, I can skin up to 5, sometimes 7 I've seen. Before you start labeling everybody as a troll, perhaps skinning goats isn't the best option if you are farming leather.

goats used to give more leather, now they give less. nothing in patch notes. !@#$ about the wrong mob, thats irrelevant.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
03/13/2013 03:18 PMPosted by Myrddin

goats used to give more leather, now they give less. nothing in patch notes. !@#$ about the wrong mob, thats irrelevant.

I agree. I have always farmed the goats for leather because they come in a reasonably sized pack and can be aoe'd down. it has only been since 5.2 that the return rate on the skins has been abysmally bad.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Hunter
Same for me, started a few days ago. Curiously though I talked to another skinner at the same place who said that they were NOT experiencing a decline and were still getting the bountiful bags buff (up to 5 leather per mob). One thing for the profession to be screwed over but if it is character specific then that is unacceptable. I expect more from blizzard.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
also Banetooth, since you appear to be the only skinner here who is not experiencing the problem.. care to share exactly what mobs you are farming instead of implying the issue is purely our imagination?
Reply Quote
I think this must have been a stealth nerf. No more 3-4 skins on high level mobs.

Only getting 1-2 myself now.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
For what it's worth, I've only been getting 1 skin per mob while farming medium and heavy leather too. Been a while since I've farmed that stuff, but it does seem like the guild perk should cover that. Not sure why it doesn't.

Lot of bugs lately.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Druid
I was out farming materials for my LW daily now (*sigh*) and I have to agree, I'm not seeing the same amount of leather drop that there was pre-patch. It's 1-2, I'm pretty sure I haven't seen more than 2 on any mobs since the patch. Pre-patch it was 2-4 usually and not uncommon to get 5 and occasionally 6, but not now.

Does anyone else get annoyed that size never seems to play a part? Skin something the size of a rabbit, get 1 leather; skin a huge elite dino that takes 5 minutes to get down... get 1 leather.
Reply Quote
100 Troll Shaman
yup same thing here, id see 1 or 2 and get lucky every 100 skin and get 4 or 3
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]