Friend.

90 Pandaren Priest
it is my pleasure to service aurinaka.

uh, i mean.. serve. yep.

<3
Reply Quote
100 Human Death Knight
Death knights don't make friends.

Although, if we offer to make you a ghoul should you die, generally it means we value you a bit more than an average breather.
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Shaman
I'm generally friendly with most people, but don't call everyone a friend. I also will never pretend to be friends with someone while not liking them. I am cautious with whom I get close to and share with, but I don't make many enemies either. I like a lot of people, but am friends with very few. If you're on my RID/battle tag, you're probably someone I consider a friend. I can count those people on one hand ;).

ETA: Come to think of it, there is one more person I have a great deal of regard for but don't have on RID, though I would welcome that person. I would still be able to count my RID/b-tag people on one hand though :p
Edited by Kesi on 3/8/2013 11:28 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
What makes a friend for you? Do you look at the people you talk to everyday on WoW and say "This is my friend!" Or do you see them as nothing more than role play buddies? Fellow raiders? Fellow guildmates?

We may know a lot of people in this game ( and this forum ), but how many of them do you consider friends?

First and foremost is mutual respect. Friendship can't exist without it. Even when personalities differ, so long as there is mutual respect and communication, it is entirely possible to develop a lasting friendship.

Of all the people I've met while playing WoW, I'd consider only a handful of them to be close friends. They are people I've worked with over the years on collaborative storylines and before long, ended up talking to them every day. We developed characters together, quested together, raided together and generally did what we could to make the game enjoyable for each other. Were it not for those people, I'd have left the game a long time ago.
Reply Quote
When screening potential friends I ask the candidate who their favorite pony is. If their answer at all sounds like an actual MLP character, all contact is cut off.
Reply Quote
100 Dwarf Paladin
I have many people I consider good people to play and chat with.

But the kind of people that would, for example, help me when I need them to ingame, and I'd gladly help when they need me? Currently none.

I have made three really good friends in wow though, that don't play anymore, but I keep in touch with them even now.
Reply Quote
I find my friends to be people I can trust. Those who I talk with and can be honest with. Those who I can relate to, that I enjoy their company, and accept me for who I am. I can also consider them friend when they trust me as well. To be able to come to me and tell me whats wrong. I am happy to help, just wish some the people I can call friends accept my help.
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Death Knight
Pretty much anyone I would want on my RealID or Battletag.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Anyone that doesn't completely annoy me. Which is fewer people than one would initially guess at.
Does this mean I can unspec out of Army of the Dead, Baen?

Please?

I WANT TO SEE THE BOSS SPIN.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Rogue
Pretty much anyone I would want on my RealID or Battletag.

This, essentially. Which makes it a fair few people that I consider friends!

On the whole, though, I like to think I'm nice to everyone until if/when they prove themselves deserving of otherwise.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
I dont have that many I would consider good friends who play the game anymore but I do have many people I respect and admire that play the game.
In time I shall make those bonds again.

A good friend is someone I would share personal details with and discuss life in general.
Edited by Rumze on 3/8/2013 1:40 PM PST
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Priest
There are various levels of friendship - online and otherwise. Being trustworthy, kind and having maturity while being able to laugh at oneself are a few traits I value.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
I find my friends to be people I can trust. Those who I talk with and can be honest with. Those who I can relate to, that I enjoy their company, and accept me for who I am. I can also consider them friend when they trust me as well. To be able to come to me and tell me whats wrong. I am happy to help, just wish some the people I can call friends accept my help.

This, very much (which is also why Kinria is such a great friend to me!). I want my friends to come to me with their problems, but I also want to be able to go to my friends to vent or to have a shoulder to cry on when I need it. I've had some "friends" who would come to me, but I could never go to them when I had a problem, and ultimately, those friendships ended somewhat miserably.

True friends can take the bad with the good, and will try to understand one another despite the differences they may have. A lot of people who I thought were true friends ended up abandoning me because of being unable to accept my flaws, the fact that I didn't take their advice, or because they were being picked on for being friends with me. I've learned though that they weren't real friends - the ones who are love me for me, despite what anyone else may say to them, even if I frustrate them sometimes or don't follow the advice they give me.
Reply Quote
I was actually thinking about this the other day. There are three qualities that I look for in people before I call them a 'friend'.

Honesty
Loyalty
Trustworthy

All of whom I consider friends have all three qualities, or at least I choose to believe so. As soon as a friend shows that he or she cannot live up to all three of the qualities, I do not consider them my friend.

Of course, I give a lot of chances.

Spot on with my own beliefs.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Rogue
I have friends and I have close friends. I don't have a lot of close friends.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]