General Lag/FPS Issues Across the Board

90 Pandaren Monk
Guess I'll add my 2 cents to the other threads where people are experiencing these issues. Having really crazy fps issues no matter where I am, but it is especially bad in lfr, dungeons, and scenarios. It gets to the point where my action bars get stuck and stay highlighted, so I am unable to track my cooldowns correctly. Lag spikes are especially apparent in boss fights in lfr and the new Thunder Isle zone.

Also: the screenshot below is from a heroic, and there is something really strange going on with people's health bars--when someone's health bar isn't full (including my own), I get this weird bluish color on the rest of the health bars--(see it in the screenshot occurring with 2 people in my party). I'm not sure if this related to my fps and lag issues, but it is also something that has only started happening recently.

Would appreciate any help I can get.

http://i1353.photobucket.com/albums/q677/wrich21/ScreenShot2013-03-07at70724PM_zps0b579d18.png

Software:

System Software Overview:

System Version: OS X 10.8.2 (12C60)
Kernel Version: Darwin 12.2.0
Time since boot: 2 days 11:26

Hardware:

Hardware Overview:

Model Name: MacBook Pro
Model Identifier: MacBookPro7,1
Processor Name: Intel Core 2 Duo
Processor Speed: 2.4 GHz
Number of Processors: 1
Total Number of Cores: 2
L2 Cache: 3 MB
Memory: 4 GB
Bus Speed: 1.07 GHz
Boot ROM Version: MBP71.0039.B0E
SMC Version (system): 1.62f7
Sudden Motion Sensor:
State: Enabled

Graphics/Displays:

NVIDIA GeForce 320M:

Chipset Model: NVIDIA GeForce 320M
Type: GPU
Bus: PCI
VRAM (Total): 256 MB
Vendor: NVIDIA (0x10de)
Device ID: 0x08a0
Revision ID: 0x00a2
ROM Revision: 3533
Displays:
Color LCD:
Display Type: LCD
Resolution: 1280 x 800
Pixel Depth: 32-Bit Color (ARGB8888)
Main Display: Yes
Mirror: Off
Online: Yes
Built-In: Yes

Other:

Input Source ID: com.apple.keylayout.US
Keyboard Layout: ANSI
Reply Quote
90 Undead Priest
The game is completely unplayable for me. I am able to log in and run around but that's about it. If I'm lucky I'm able to cast some spells on myself. Most of the time when I click my spell buttons, my character gets stuck in the casting graphics. I can walk around and it will still look like I am casting. I click on vendors and they don't respond. At one point I was flying around without my mount being visible.

I just upgraded my OS to 10.8 and swapped out my modem for a newer model but that didn't help. I have done the "repair game" several times. I have an open ticket with Blizzard where I sent in my Mac specs and am waiting for a reply.

I had been on a break from the game since Jan of this year and activated a 60 day game card the day before 5.2 came out. Looks like I just wasted $30. If Blizzard expects me to run out and buy a new PC just to play the game, they are sadly mistaken. Hopefully they will resolve this problem soon.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]