MW So far (5.2)

90 Pandaren Monk
So amidst all the WW nerf and dev trolls on us. How is MW doing? Been wanting to heal err learn to heal i should say so no better time then now lol.

(Really just trying to find a reason to keep playing my monk, and the game as a whole at this point)
Edited by Fusozay on 3/8/2013 2:21 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Warrior
Honestly, I LOVE MWers so far in PVP. I was concerned about the chi costs/healing reductions of chi wave, but it's turned out to that I was worrying over nothing. Chi wave is doing just fine, even with 14% reduction.

The only thing I would ever want is nimble brew or diffuse magic working under any form of cc. Besdies that, I get 50k-70k crits (TP) on people with MM so we have a burst like every other healer (excluding [maybe] priests/shamans.)

I. Love. Muscle. Memory.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Monk
One thing my friend pointed out to me(that I didn't even notice!) is they ninja buffed our 2pc. Instead of dispelling RM giving us chi, it instead gives us TEA. Huge, huge mana buff imo. I haven't been on this toon much but I have noticed I've been stacking much more mana teas without even noticing.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Monk
I love it, I am terribly geared and PVP is still a blast. I have no trouble being top heals in bg's, aoe is phenomenal imo. I love using the chi that used to be for Tiger's Lust and Chi Wave for enveloping mists, saves my pvp'ers instantly (: Mobility is best in game (I dont even have the pvp trinket yet either hehe) Even dps is up, so for AV and IoC its fun to get some fistweaving to actually provide some dps for your bg.

Definitely the most unique healers in game!
Reply Quote
80 Draenei Paladin
It's a lot better than 5.1 in my opinion.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
Monk junk healing is OP as all hell. It's gonna be like paladins, play healing class or !@#$. Blizzard won't post that, but it's what they mean in secret.

Someone's maaaaaaad.
Reply Quote
First two heroics last night both as a 90 and for this new patch.

It seems very rough but doable. Some of my struggles are gear, some are zerg tanks not using active mitigation, and some of it is just plain old me needing to get this new system that I know in theory down in practice...

I'm a super mobile healer, and melee healed as far back as early cata using judgment and attacks on my holy paladin back when that was how you got mana (sound familiar? They tried melee dps healing on paladins too, but dropped it a few pathes in. Let's hope they don't forsake us the same way...)

I should correct that: I learned melee healing by attacking back in city of villains. Fire and darkness healers were awesome - right down to the aoe explosion battle rez. :-)

But it was still rough last night, some tanks make apoint of kiting mobs away from the healer. I was tempted to use taunt...

One kept running to grab more adds but kept getting 3-shot.
Sure a 1-shot is always the sign of a bad tank, but a 3-shot? I'm still not sure if I didn't get heals off quick enough or if he was too soft...

I need to set up something to warn me wheb a tank's active mitigation is down. Any suggestions?

If you can't get into melee and stay there fistweaving has no mercy.
On the last boss of shado-pan I tried lazy mode: ranged healing... that went amazingly BAD. ;-)
- I was right that I have no clue how to do this class without being in melee... OOM and my heals hit too soft from ranged. Whatever the ranged priority list is, it sure isn't what I tried.

I also need to rewrite some macros. I use no healing addon. Its all mouseover macros. I need better defaulting when not moused over. Looks like RM would go good being: mouse, targ, focus, me. Right now I lack the focus step so I ended up RMing myself most of the time /selffail.

After two wipes on that last shado-pan boss I gave up. Normally I stick it out but this time I knew I was about 70% to blame so I vote kicked myself... (the other 30% was people ignoring the orbs - which is a wipe making mistake, but my own messed up tactics were even worse - being OOM 15 seconds into a pull from trying a ranged setup...)

So, fistweaving is it - I know it works. In scarlet monastary after the tank rage quit from dying 3 times, the dps kept going while we waited for a new tank a dn I managed to keep all of them up were I was unable to keep up the tank... so something went right. Just have to go over it and figure out getting myself to repeat it reliably. (That tank was getting 3-shot: huge pulls and dead by about my third GCD: might be him soft, might be me opening wrong).
Reply Quote
12 Goblin Mage
This class is just too easy. I probably would roll a monk since they're basically god mode.

Also if someone's pissed off, I can do cheap shots and try trolling them like you did.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Death Knight
Monk junk healing is OP as all hell. It's gonna be like paladins, play healing class or !@#$. Blizzard won't post that, but it's what they mean in secret.

Lol rogues hate MW monks. MW monks get owned by ranged classes. They are strong against melee.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
One thing my friend pointed out to me(that I didn't even notice!) is they ninja buffed our 2pc. Instead of dispelling RM giving us chi, it instead gives us TEA. Huge, huge mana buff imo. I haven't been on this toon much but I have noticed I've been stacking much more mana teas without even noticing.

Its always given tea
Reply Quote
90 Troll Monk
I had reservations on the changes they made, but I actually really like them. My mana does go away pretty quickly since Jab is now one of our most expensive spells if I'm not paying attention, but Muscle Memory makes the hit not nearly as bad so I don't really run into too many mana problems. I didn't realize a Muscle Memory'd Blackout Kick ALSO restored mana, I just thought a MM'd Tiger Palm did that. Pleasant surprise there!

Also, I was #7 in DPS/Damage Done on Garalon in LFR this week as a Mistweaver. :D
Reply Quote
80 Draenei Paladin

Except MWs oom and have to cast on other targets.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
Well shall give a go then, thanks for all the input.

Use to heal on a druid till i kept getting told i suck more then a hooker on rent day as heals lol. But pretty decent tank an dps.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]