WW pvp

90 Pandaren Monk
I know i know another thread complaining about the WW nerf but all i really see is people using raidbot numbers or their dps on dummies and bosses.

With the recent nerf to tiger stance the implications have made us horrid in pvp. I acutally checked my character screen to make sure i wasnt wearing any intellect gear it was that big of a difference. I take this guy fully geared and hit for 16k blackout kicks on low armor targets, that is absolute !@#$. I log on my fully unupgraded DK and hit for over 100k with one ability cmon.

If the lvl 30 talents are causing a such a dps upgrade as you have stated by not costing any resource, plz by all means remove them they were barely noticeable as WW anyway. Ive rarely even used those abilities in pvp at all.

I was so looking forward to playing monk pvp in 5.2 I didnt even care if it was op but just being brought up to scale with everything else i would have been completely fine. But this blind side nerf has made us absolute %^-* in pvp. Tired of hearing about all the PvE ramifications, while your 10% nerf might have worked in pvp it absolutely ruined pvp. just log on and make a monk and see for yourself instead of all these supposed graphs and simulators.

just my two cents.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
A DK can literally spread peanut butter on his keyboard and win a duel by just having his dog lick the keys, randomly triggering abilities and cooldowns, while the player is sitting on the toilet.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
"A DK can literally spread peanut butter on his keyboard and win a duel by just having his dog lick the keys, randomly triggering abilities and cooldowns, while the player is sitting on the toilet."

Confirmed.
Edited by Disciprine on 3/8/2013 12:55 PM PST
Reply Quote
Wow this is like the 3rd thread ive read about dks owning monks, lol i !@#$ on dks, just this morning owned some 1900 noob in full 491 gear, I'm in 470s and have been playing monk for about a week. You guys must be handicapped.
Reply Quote
90 Human Monk
Wow this is like the 3rd thread ive read about dks owning monks, lol i !@#$ on dks, just this morning owned some 1900 noob in full 491 gear, I'm in 470s and have been playing monk for about a week. You guys must be handicapped.

You both have welfare gear. He got his a couple weeks earlier than you and you're talking as if it's a testament to his ability as a player.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
"A DK can literally spread peanut butter on his keyboard and win a duel by just having his dog lick the keys, randomly triggering abilities and cooldowns, while the player is sitting on the toilet."

Confirmed.

lol'd
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
im not saying it as in i get owned by dk's. im just using it as a reference because dk damage was fine before patch and they seemed to buff it even more this patch. Monks in pvp were up to par with the rest of the classes before this stealth nerf hit. now its a struggle to even dps 1 healer down.

I dont understand why such a drastic reduction in damage was implemented because of how we will scale 5-6 months down the road. its baffles me.
Reply Quote
Briyan what the !@#$ does the way we obtained our gear have to do with anything lol... My testiment of my ability to play is my multi season 2650+ , his testiment is being 1900 which means he doesn't have brain damage.... He also had 20+ ilvl on me and I destroyed him, I'd say it's a pretty good example, and If nothing else it disproves the peanut butter theory
Reply Quote
Not to Mention you're a scrub who's never been above 2k and you talk about welfare lol? Blizz letting noobs like u have t2 gear is the only wellfare here.
Reply Quote
90 Human Monk
A DK can literally spread peanut butter on his keyboard and win a duel by just having his dog lick the keys, randomly triggering abilities and cooldowns, while the player is sitting on the toilet.

This was very funny. Loved it.
Reply Quote
90 Human Monk
It's not that bad though. I've beaten T2 dks on my server as well as equally geared ones. Obviously this is in a 1v1 situation on the island.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
I think people are missing the point this isnt a thread complaining about dk's its the fact that we cant even compete in pvp with this nerf. it hit PvE hard and obliterated us in PvP
Reply Quote
90 Undead Monk
im not saying it as in i get owned by dk's. im just using it as a reference because dk damage was fine before patch and they seemed to buff it even more this patch. Monks in pvp were up to par with the rest of the classes before this stealth nerf hit. now its a struggle to even dps 1 healer down.

I dont understand why such a drastic reduction in damage was implemented because of how we will scale 5-6 months down the road. its baffles me.

Yeah ... this change is atrocious and you can blame it on PvE raid progression and Blizzard pulling excuses out of their !@# to cover their "Oh $%^- Monk DPS too high, blame it on Chi Wave and not the excessive buff to Mastery because we didn't think things through!". They NEVER fail to disappoint me, and this is the second class I'm shelving for PvP reasons.

You're right, too, trying to down a healer with WW is just too difficult now, the pressure just isn't there. I find it amusing that my 470 ilvl Rogue (missing 7 ilvls compared to my monk) is MUCH easier to stay on a target, pressure a target, and control / burst a target down at opportune times, including healers, without relying on some gimmicky long build up mechanic that is nothing but a prolonged weakness to WW that will continue to make it a sub-par crappy class in PvP, because "Lead Developer" Ghostcrawler is a *!@#ing retard and doesn't know how to help make a game better in anything other than VS predictable AI.

(And even that might be giving him too much credit)
Edited by Noobuh on 3/8/2013 2:28 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Monk
lol good luck killing a healer with the new changes, let alone put decent pressure on them without a burst heavy class backing you up

it's like monks are half of a class right now, we have utility but are missing any signs of damage in pvp, We quite literally need to be paired with a good burst and damage class to do decently, I have gone entire BGs without dying while in the thick of the fights with massive uptime on targets and finished with less than 1m damage

great we have CC thanks blizz, now allow us the ability to do something with that freaking free time
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
the sad thing is i dont understand how warriors can go all season no nerf.
Warlocks went at least 3 months with chaos wave critting 200k+.
within 24 hours our damage gets gutted. then they tell us to wait it out so that they can look at numbers and get a decent amount of data.

an oversight that they missed and forgot to add after 3 months of testing and no mention of it in the patch notes.

To me, they messed up on our mastery or on this trinket everyone is talking about and instead of tweaking numbers by a small margine and adjusting from there they decide on a flat number that seems to have been pulled from their !@#.

They took the lazy way out by flat nerfing and expecting us to just be butt hurt and take it and eventually we will accept it.

If they can nerf something that fast they can revert it back and work on a solution. Why take a class that is severely underrepresented in the pvp scene give us hope that after waiting 7 months for some love give us some then pull the rug out and say o well deal with it.

Sad thing is they dont even look at these forums or listen to what the majority of the player base has to say. Just shove what they want down our throats. I havnt seen a good post about WW since the patch went live. Not even a blue on the forums to say they are looking into the situation. Sucks because i enjoy the class so much but have to shelve it to be even competitive in the pvp scene.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]