1 Tauren Shaman
Pallys got pretty screwed this fight.
It would matter more if, you know, the fight was any challenge :P

Worst comes to worst you could have someone draw Yu'lon
Reply Quote
80 Draenei Paladin
03/09/2013 08:52 PMPosted by Tiriel
Beacon causes stacks.

Applying the beacon causes stacks, or the healing received through the beacon causes stacks?

The healing beacon does gives the stacks. You will die fast if you do not remove it off the debuffed tank and have a lot of eternal flames out. Our tank didn't call out his taunt and I got like 16 stacks in about 2 seconds.

Eternal Flame HoT will kill you in very short order.

Not if it was pre-placed. Placing a new one on the tank after he gets the debuff is asking to die.
Edited by Xinyc on 3/22/2013 3:46 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Warlock
oh look- another terribly implemented anti-healer mechanic
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
Power word shield gives a stack
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Priest

When applied, or when damage is taken? i.e. if you shield the tank BEFORE he gets the debuff, do you still get a stack when the shield absorbs damage?
Reply Quote
1 Tauren Shaman
oh look- another terribly implemented anti-healer mechanic
It's not really an anti-healer mechanic so much as it is a... um...

You know what, I'm not at all sure why the mechanic even exists in its form. The Beast hits for too little for a tank to actually bother using active mitigation, since they can do more DPS by dumping their resource on damage (well, unless you're a DK).

So it doesn't really make the tanks use defense more or the healers particularly want to do anything since even without active mitigation abilities it hits for nothing. Heck, as a Warrior spamming HS on it the whole time I can just zerg it with no healing required at ALL, no Second Wind, no Enraged Regen - that's how little damage it does.

not sure what the point of it is at all other than a pretty weird tank swap
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Monk
Something I discovered the other night is that soothing mist cast by Jade Serpent Statue can give you stacks which is completely dumb since you can't control it.

I didn't do this fight last week but in the first week I found this wasn't the case - when the tank took the beast out to the side I would re-cast my statue so it could only reach that tank and channelled soothing mist on another player to heal that tank via the statue, and wasn't getting stacks
Reply Quote
80 Draenei Paladin
I think it is kind of dumb that cascade bounces give no stacks yet I can't use holy prism because if it bounces on the tank I get stacks.
Edited by Xinyc on 3/22/2013 1:32 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
03/22/2013 11:24 AMPosted by Tiriel

When applied, or when damage is taken? i.e. if you shield the tank BEFORE he gets the debuff, do you still get a stack when the shield absorbs damage?

When you cast it on the tank while they have a beast on them
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
Healing spheres don't give the debuff.

Is that casted healing spheres, or Gift of the Serpent healing spheres?
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Monk
^ neither do, just tested it again today
also confirmed that soothing mist from statue does not apply stacks
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Priest
^ neither do, just tested it again today
also confirmed that soothing mist from statue does not apply stacks

Thanks for the update. That's interesting. There's a post on the previous page saying it does.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Priest
Updated with Dayani's help with some log browsing.
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Shaman
Just wanted to add something for future reference, since this is probably tripping up a lot of people who are looking at their own logs and seeing inconsistent results for their spells.

There are TWO "Beast of Nightmares" debuffs with the same name. One has a 3-second duration and is a 'warning' to the tank that Beast of Nightmares will be spawning soon. While this debuff is up, Corrupted Healing stacks are not generated.

The other debuff is the debuff the tank has when actually fighting the Beast of Nightmares, and healing the tank during its duration has the potential to cause stacks.

If you are looking through World of Logs data to determine whether or not a spell is giving you stacks, use the Expression Editor, and the following query:

(type=TYPE_AURA and spellID=137341 and targetname="tank") or
(type=TYPE_AURA and spell="Corrupted Healing" and targetname="healer") or
(type=TYPE_HEAL and targetname="tank" and spell="spell you care about" and sourcename="healer")

replace tank with the name of the tank who got the Beast of Nightmares debuff
replace healer with the name of the healer whose spells you are investigating
replace spell you care about with the name of the, well, spell that you care about

Note that the Expression Editor is case-sensitive (and spelling-sensitive too!) so be sure to spell and capitalise everything properly.

This will give you a list of all the times you used spell you care about on tank. World of Logs doesn't have a way to "remember" that tank has the Beast of Nightmares debuff so it can't just narrow things down for you. Look for healing done and Corrupted Healing stacks gained in between lines that read:

tank afflicted by Beast of Nightmares from Beast of Nightmares
and
Beast of Nightmares's Beast of Nightmares fades from tank

Those are the relevant sections to your analysis.

Within them, you should see something like:

healer spell you care about tank +548641
healer afflicted by Corrupted Healing

If those events occur less than 1 second apart (typically it takes the server around 0.5 seconds to assign the stack of Corrupted Healing from any ability that generates it), then you can be reasonably sure that the ability in question caused that stack.

Hope this helps! :)
Edited by Dayani on 4/2/2013 2:39 AM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Druid
Tranquility gives stacks,
Wild mushrooms do not.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Priest
I can confirm that cascade bounces do give stacks, and atonement does not. shielding efore the debuff and renew before the debuff do not either.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
I think it was the healing through the beacon. Our paladin shot up to 7 stacks pretty quickly on our first attempt and died shortly thereafter. I think he determined it was beacon's fault.

Anyway, to add to the list, I do know that fistweaving (jab/tiger palm) didn't cause stacks.

Yeah I had 10 eternal flames rolling from a proc streak for the ages and i shot to over 20 stacks almost instantly before I realized what was happening. Divine Shield removes stacks though.
Edited by Semi on 4/8/2013 11:01 PM PDT
Reply Quote
91 Pandaren Shaman
Shaman Ancestral Awakening does not give stacks.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Paladin
Seal of Insight and Battle Healer appear to give stacks.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]