ToT: FURY VS ARMS

90 Orc Warrior
According to noxxic Arms>SMF>TG for anything bellow heroic ToT gear.

I tried a dps test myself with no raid buffs on an elite raid dummy and did ~83k dps as arms and ~73k dps as TG over 3 minutes.

What do you warriors who have tried both specs in ToT think? (with raid buffs and whatnot)
Edited by Thygore on 3/8/2013 5:34 AM PST
Reply Quote
12 Troll Rogue
03/08/2013 05:21 AMPosted by Thygore
According to noxxic

well there's your problem
Edited by Shanksy on 3/8/2013 5:33 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
03/08/2013 05:33 AMPosted by Shanksy
According to noxxic

well there's your problem

Well what's the correct site to use? I myself use Noxxic as a way to see the top dps charts.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Warrior
Icy Veins has yet to disappoint me. I'd suggest that you check it out.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
Icy Veins has yet to disappoint me. I'd suggest that you check it out.

Does Icy-Veins have DPS Charts though? I currently use Icy-Veins for more in-depth insight on my class. I use Noxxic now just for the DPS rankings.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
Noxxic sucks.

I think they're both about equal, assuming you have similar ilvl weapons. Dummy DPS isn't the best tool since Fury scales better with raid buffs, and is still much better during Execute phase.

I'm personally sticking with Fury. I do much better as Fury, probably due to the comfort level. Arms I find myself staring at my bars and thinking too much as opposed to Fury where I'm much more reactive. But if you're more comfortable as Arms, it's certainly viable now.
Edited by Arterius on 3/8/2013 7:09 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Warrior
They're really equal tbh
I believe its like this atm, SMF slightly higher then Arms/TG but with gear scaling and such all three should be hovering the same (meta included) also the tier set bonus is stronger for arms :> not by much though.
Edited by Gutsman on 3/8/2013 7:27 AM PST
Reply Quote
With the new haste buff i am noticing a significant rage generation increase, for fury. Not saying to go reforge all haste or anything, but with the buff, Fury(IMO) definately creates better #s.

You still are a little dependant on your procs. But over a set period, on a testing dummy i pull more in fury that in arms.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
Noxxic+Dummy testing == all the wrong answers, always.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Warrior
All 3 dps specs are relatively even in 500ish ilevel gear, with slight edges going to smf>arms>tg, somewhere around 510-520 ilevel smf/tg start pulling ahead of arms.

This can be shown here:
506ish ilevel
http://simulationcraft.org/520/Raid_T14H.html

vs
536ish ilevel
http://simulationcraft.org/520/Raid_T15H.html
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]