Secrets of the empire. LFR or Normal/Heroic?

(Locked)

90 Undead Priest
It seems like these are awarded randomly per person (LFR style) from normal mode raids.

Is this intended? The previous tier had legendary items dropping randomly per person from LFR and to the raid as a whole in normal.

Edit: Has anyone gotten a secret from LFR and Normal/Heroic? It seems as if just like the rep you can only get a shot at a secret once per boss.
Edited by Poena on 3/20/2013 9:08 AM PDT
90 Orc Warlock
It appears to be how sigils were in T14 LFR. Doesn't necessarily mean that it'll take you longer than sigils did. Even in T14 with your raiders all getting the drops at the same time on bosses LFR luck decided who got the quest completed first. The sigils didn't drop off every normal T14 boss either, so there was still chance involved there. There's still chance involved, there's just no looting involved. I don't really see how this is worse than T14 was, but maybe you're seeing something I'm not.
90 Orc Warrior
It will be a guaranteed drop on LFR because you know, LFR isn't required or anything.
90 Undead Priest
There's still chance involved, there's just no looting involved. I don't really see how this is worse than T14 was, but maybe you're seeing something I'm not.

Chance. My personal chance. I am horribly unlucky.
However because of group drops I was able to get it faster (relative to my LFR drop rate). Not my luck... group luck :D

It'll probably end up being the same as before... but I was actually hoping I wouldn't have to be forced to run LFR forever again...
Edited by Poena on 3/8/2013 10:46 AM PST
90 Orc Warlock
Are we not forced to run LFR forever anyway? Let's say you clear normals every week you get 480/1000 VP for that week from raiding. You need another 520 from somewhere. I always found LFR to be faster than doing additional non-first-of-the-day dungeons for VP. Then add in the chance to get 502 loot which will be upgrades on some pieces, especially tier pieces.

Even without LFR drops, LFR is almost mandatory for anyone who wants to VP cap or actually progress while there are still upgrades sitting in the 502s.
90 Human Paladin
Even without LFR drops, LFR is almost mandatory for anyone who wants to VP cap or actually progress while there are still upgrades sitting in the 502s.

I found that as geared enough dps and assume you know what to do, scenario seems to be faster VP than LFR even when it's not daily... In LFR 100k dps doesn't mean squat when rest of the people are doing 30k, but in scenario, 100k dps can let you solo the place reasonably fast even when rest of the people are not much more than afk...

Not to mention it's instant queue as dps... =)

edit: heroic dungeon as a geared tank still faster VP than anything else though...
Edited by Emmey on 3/8/2013 11:08 AM PST
90 Undead Priest
Are we not forced to run LFR forever anyway? Let's say you clear normals every week you get 480/1000 VP for that week from raiding. You need another 520 from somewhere. I always found LFR to be faster than doing additional non-first-of-the-day dungeons for VP. Then add in the chance to get 502 loot which will be upgrades on some pieces, especially tier pieces.

Until I'm sunweaver exalted and we've unlocked our isle I will be doing daily's there. This will VP cap me.

Somewhere during the ilsand unlocking a daily quest will be added that allows you to get 150 VP for killing 3 summonable mobs.

As for LFR for VP, I'm a healer. I get into a 5man queue in ~30seconds to 2min. I can shadow heal most 5mans getting them finished in ~10min-15min. I can do the daily Scenario in about 10min also. so 130 VP a day for 20-30min of my time. Compare that to the tiny amount LFR gives (and given the massive amount of trash in thunder), I can promise you LFR will not be even remotely close.

So all that leaves it the gear I can get from Throne. Outside of the legendary Meta, I am at iLvl 499 in Shadow and 501 in Disc. We're talking about ~3-4 items for each spec, which also given that I am running 25man, I don't imagine that I'll need LFR for gear for more than a couple of weeks.

Lastly remember that LFR is only releasing a couple of bosses at a time.
3 next week, and 3 each week after that.
What that means for someone like me who will hopefully be near a full clear on normal mode by the end of next week is that I will be pretty unlikely to need LFR gear by the time I can get a hold of it (unless we have terrible bad loot luck).
90 Orc Warlock
03/08/2013 11:06 AMPosted by Emmey

I found that as geared enough dps and assume you know what to do, scenario seems to be faster VP than LFR even when it's not daily... In LFR 100k dps doesn't mean squat when rest of the people are doing 30k, but in scenario, 100k dps can let you solo the place reasonably fast even when rest of the people are not much more than afk...

Not to mention it's instant queue as dps... =)

edit: heroic dungeon as a geared tank still faster VP than anything else though...
I reallllly don't like scenarios. I usually do a daily one though, and some are better than others, but they still annoy the crap out of me. I have had runs with 3 players with the same level gear as me and we blew through it in a couple minutes, but that's rare. I've never really had an issue with enrage or anything on LFR so I don't particularly care what other people do. It's partly VP/hour, but a lot of it has to do with me not wanting to smash my face against a wall during that farming.

Until I'm sunweaver exalted and we've unlocked our isle I will be doing daily's there. This will VP cap me.

Somewhere during the ilsand unlocking a daily quest will be added that allows you to get 150 VP for killing 3 summonable mobs.
Well to be fair there were a crap load of dailies to do for T14 capping too, just lots of people don't like farming dailies all day. We still have to because of the coins, but that's another whole argument in itself.
90 Human Warlock
They're awarded LFR style so that the game can track which bosses you have and haven't killed in a given week, or at least that's my interpretation of it .

My understanding is that the legendary items are going to function like the Shado-pan rep - you get one shot per week per boss at it, regardless of difficulty (I want to say there was a tweet or post to this effect, but honestly I can't remember).
90 Undead Priest
They're awarded LFR style so that the game can track which bosses you have and haven't killed in a given week, or at least that's my interpretation of it .

My understanding is that the legendary items are going to function like the Shado-pan rep - you get one shot per week per boss at it, regardless of difficulty (I want to say there was a tweet or post to this effect, but honestly I can't remember).

I have never heard this said. But if it is true, then I'll be sad because the patch will be over before I get my legendary, but happy because I'll barely have to run LFR. Would love confirmation on this.
90 Undead Priest

Any confirmation on this? Has anyone gotten a secret from an LFR boss and a normal/heroic boss?
1 Blood Elf Paladin
yeah i'd love clarification on this: if normal/heroic yield higher drop rates, but you can only get 1 regardless of difficulty, i'd rather do normal then LFR.
90 Worgen Death Knight
Last week I got a secrets of the empire from H jinrokh and lfr jinrokh so it's not once per boss like the rep. And to be honest, ive received more secrets from lfr than normal which really sucks because this means I have to run lfr.
90 Tauren Druid
03/08/2013 10:50 AMPosted by Loktronotron
Are we not forced to run LFR forever anyway? Let's say you clear normals every week you get 480/1000 VP for that week from raiding. You need another 520 from somewhere.

If you're doing full raid clears, your need for VP upgrades should be very low, so you don't need to cap out VP each week.
Community Manager
It seems like these are awarded randomly per person (LFR style) from normal mode raids.

Is this intended? The previous tier had legendary items dropping randomly per person from LFR and to the raid as a whole in normal.

Edit: Has anyone gotten a secret from LFR and Normal/Heroic? It seems as if just like the rep you can only get a shot at a secret once per boss.

Everyone has a personal chance to receive a Secrets of the Empire drop on Normal/Heroic; the quest loot functions the same way that the Raid Finder version of the Legendary quest did prior to 5.2.

We wanted to have a single shared chance per boss per week because we'd prefer to avoid making raiders who are killing bosses on non-Raid Finder runs to feel obligated to do Raid Finder specifically for Legendary quest drops. If those players want to do it for Valor or off-spec gear, that’s great, but doing Raid Finder shouldn’t be necessary for optimal Legendary acquisition.
90 Human Rogue
We wanted to have a single shared chance per boss per week because we'd prefer to avoid making raiders who are killing bosses on non-Raid Finder runs to feel obligated to do Raid Finder specifically for Legendary quest drops. If those players want to do it for Valor or off-spec gear, that’s great, but doing Raid Finder shouldn’t be necessary for optimal Legendary acquisition.

Amen.
90 Blood Elf Mage
You are saying Secrets *cannot* be obtained in LFR?
MVP - Technical Support
90 Human Warrior

They definitely can. In fact, i'm confident you can still get them from both. I've gotten them from bosses in both modes before. Unless this has been fixed this week?
90 Troll Hunter

Yes they can. A raider in my guild got one last night from Ji-kun.
90 Pandaren Monk

Everyone has a personal chance to receive a Secrets of the Empire drop on Normal/Heroic; the quest loot functions the same way that the Raid Finder version of the Legendary quest did prior to 5.2.

Was this recently changed? Because the only Secret we've seen in our main raid was during the first week and the boss gave one to every single person in the raid. Haven't seen a single one since.

Either Draxxari is incorrect here or something has been changed.

EDIT: Also is the chance the same in LFR as it is in Normal/Heroic? I don't want to run LFR early in the week for off-spec gear and find out I fall behind collecting these as a result.
Edited by Nahela on 3/20/2013 2:01 PM PDT
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]