Shuriken Toss + Deadly Throw = ????

90 Blood Elf Rogue
I'm curious, would deadly throw and shuriken toss actually be a good backup/combo for pvp? I, at the moment, use combat for pvp and it would seem logical to take it to quickly refresh KSpree and what not at a distance so you can pop back into action faster while actually providing something. Any insight on this?
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
It is actually great for stopping casts like frost bomb, chaos bolt, cylone, etc. Makes casters hate rogues even more.
Reply Quote
In BGs I find readiness to be way more useful, and only really use DThrow on spell cleaves.
Reply Quote
100 Human Rogue
I cannot justify losing a CD damage reduction to pick up deadly throw, RIP baseline DF
Reply Quote
90 Undead Rogue
I like NS for peels. Say I'm on WSG defense for whatever reason and I have to Dance CS 3 or 4 people off my FC, that's a noticeable amount of damage my FC isn't taking for 6 seconds after the stun wears off.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Rogue
I like NS for peels. Say I'm on WSG defense for whatever reason and I have to Dance CS 3 or 4 people off my FC, that's a noticeable amount of damage my FC isn't taking for 6 seconds after the stun wears off.

See I like this aswell. especially if you take the CS glyph 5 second stun + further 6 seconds of DR is heaps good for the panic defense shadowdance..
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Rogue
Is DT damage still crappy? I would also use it for damage if it were any good.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Rogue
My deadly throw hits for 40k, and crits up to 80k (5pt deadly throws btw)
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Rogue
My deadly throw hits for 40k, and crits up to 80k (5pt deadly throws btw)

On geared targets or in Temple with orbs....
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Rogue
i use deadly throw, the snare is really helpful and i love the interrupt against mages

the damage isnt half bad either ive crit 100k on people but im sure they werent geared, on geared targets it prob crits around 60k
Reply Quote
I find deadly throw much more attractive than any other talent in that tier now.

Ranged snare and interupt.

With st no longer proccing crippling slow its the only ranged snare we can get. stopping a chaos bolt or frost bomb is tons of survivability versus casters and stops the need to shadow step kick/stun which you cant do while rooted.

for melee cleaves in arena i will continue to feel the need to pick up readiness which I use in a macro with evasion. without readiness all we have is crappy evasion for defense against melee.

I might run deadly throw / readiness but now that throw is better Nerve strike doesnt seem as good to me.

Thus guy gets it.

It's as much as much for the ranged snare as it is for the interrupt now that ST does't proc non-lethal and you can't get crippling on your target via ST through the Mal set bonus. Couple this with ST and it's a really solid choice. Also, it's range is a hit farther than ST, which is perfect. Hit ST a few times as a target is running away and as they get out of range if ST you hit them with DT and gain on them. AFAIK it's a physical snare, crippling, and therefore can't be dispelled. Definitely worth trying out. I honestly don't miss CR, esp. now that I have better gear...and have Colossus marin hand enchant...
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]