Storm, Earth, and Fire bug?

90 Troll Monk
I'm watching the combat log and it seems that my clones only use autoattack rather than mirroring all of my attacks, anyone else have this issue?
If this is the case.. I have a clone out and I'm doing a reduced 40% damage but the clone is just autoattacking at it's 60% state. Meaning I'm only doing about 65% of my normal damage. Imo there's no reason to use it while it's like this.

Edit: They use Fists of Fury and Spinning Crane Kick. But nothing else.
Edited by Jujufist on 3/8/2013 12:04 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
you need to attack a differnt target
Reply Quote
I have noticed this too, I hope to god its a bug and not blizzards idea at giving us a new ability. It tranlates into a direct damage reduction when used single target. Now they have Hotfixed out Tiger stance reducng its damage benifit by 10%. So if it was never intended that we recieve a single target damage buff when using this ability, why the !@#$ did they nerf our damage? because of PVE performance? Monks are in a good place in PvP, just because people want to ePeen damage meters means they have to compromise the specs performance in a completely different aspect of the game?
Reply Quote
90 Human Monk
Your avatars need to be on different targets than you. It's designed that way to prevent you from using them in single target fights. The only abilities they'll mimic when on same target as you are SCK & FoF.

03/08/2013 12:07 PMPosted by Monkæy
It tranlates into a direct damage reduction when used single target.

It's specifically designed this way. Because it's not intended to be a single target increased dps ability, but a cleave. it would be like a combat rogue using Flurry on a single target fight. In those fights, cleaves are always a dps loss.
Edited by Ro on 3/8/2013 12:10 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Troll Monk
That's kinda silly... They die really quickly when they're not on my target because they build too much threat on what they're attacking.
Edited by Jujufist on 3/8/2013 12:12 PM PST
Reply Quote
my experience as the monk in PvP is you get little burst windows in which you do as much work as you can before your disables go on CD and you have to deal with kiting, im sure its that way for every melee, However i dont see justification in nerfing our current status if this is not a bug. The ability becomes much less useful if it reduces your single target damage by the amount that it does. The pets can be killed and are already providing the mechanic of spliting your DPS into 2 CC'able sources. No reason at all the pet shouldnt mimic your attacks single target
Reply Quote
100 Orc Monk
I have noticed this too, I hope to god its a bug and not blizzards idea at giving us a new ability. It tranlates into a direct damage reduction when used single target. Now they have Hotfixed out Tiger stance reducng its damage benifit by 10%. So if it was never intended that we recieve a single target damage buff when using this ability, why the !@#$ did they nerf our damage? because of PVE performance? Monks are in a good place in PvP, just because people want to ePeen damage meters means they have to compromise the specs performance in a completely different aspect of the game?

You realise, the nerfs to our damage was most likely due to PVE.... Especially the rune or re-origination trinket, not because of PVP.
Reply Quote
f its not intended to improve our single target, then that suggests they nerfed tiger stance strictly because of AoE values n PVE settings. Because it would be assinine to sugest monk DPS is an outlier to any other class in a PvP setting
Reply Quote
they nerfed tiger stance strictly because of AoE values n PVE settings

They nerfed it because of a PvE trinket called Rune of Re-origination.
Not because of aoe.

This ability is literally intended to be a PvE cleave mechanic only.
The amount of people who want it to be something else are going to be disappointed, guaranteed.
Reply Quote
100 Orc Monk
03/08/2013 12:17 PMPosted by Punched

Not because of aoe.

The amount of people who want it to be something else are going to be disappointed, guaranteed.

hehe I saw some monk in random BGs I was doing with his clones up at all times. Made me feel warm and tingly inside.
Reply Quote
90 Human Monk
03/08/2013 12:17 PMPosted by Punched

Not because of aoe.

Agreed. It has been advertised over and OVER again since it's first announcement on the PTR as being a cleave only mechanic and never intended for use on a single target fight.

And to the poster who pointed out that they die to easily, you are right. They are incredibly fragile and poorly designed in that they can be directly attacked. They should have been made so that only players can target them and not NPCs.

I cannot tell you how frustrating they are to use on Horridon trash.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Monk
That's kinda silly... They die really quickly when they're not on my target because they build too much threat on what they're attacking.

And to the poster who pointed out that they die to easily, you are right. They are incredibly fragile and poorly designed in that they can be directly attacked. They should have been made so that only players can target them and not NPCs.

I cannot tell you how frustrating they are to use on Horridon trash.

Not to mention in pvp where any minor cleave damage from other players disperses them almost immediately.
So does this mean after 5.2 was put in place.. we were effectively nerfed by 30% damage when fighting a single target? or does the fact that it's a single target make up for it by having us at 90% of what we previously were.
On multiple targets, we'll still be at 120%(or 110% of pre-5.2)
Edited by Jujufist on 3/8/2013 12:56 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk

SEF was never meant to be a single target DPS increase so you shouldnt expect it to.
Reply Quote
i dont expect a single target increase, what i expect is that they dont add an ability that directly decreases it single target. if anything the specials should be uneffected by the damage reduction id the spirit is not mimic'ing them. it is stupid for them to buff PVE cleave dps on a class that already excels at PVE dps. the effectiveness in PvP remains only as an early DoT that you must spend a global on to retract once you close the gap. this is bad design on blizzards part. the skill is designed well with the exception of this reduction mechanic under single target situations.

again im not complaining about not having a damage buff. Im complaining i cant rationally use this against my main target for any reason.

2 spirits should just split your damage 50/50, and mimic your attacks so it can be effective as a DoT
Edited by Monkæy on 3/8/2013 1:39 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
Hmmm, I guess I've been using it wrong then. I had figured it would translate to a 20% DPS increase against one target, but it seems to be otherwise. Oh well, I can at least use it when there are 2 or more targets (Stone Guard, Protectors, Will, Garalon, Mel'jarak, Un'Sok, Council, etc) while not using it against single targets. Good to know now.
Reply Quote
its useful in PVE as it is, its still a cleave DPS burst. in PvP however its kinda lame how you use it. I would be happier with the 50/50 mechanic because the quality of life increase of a 50% autoattack DoT would be nice
Reply Quote
90 Human Monk

So does this mean after 5.2 was put in place.. we were effectively nerfed by 30% damage when fighting a single target? or does the fact that it's a single target make up for it by having us at 90% of what we previously were.
On multiple targets, we'll still be at 120%(or 110% of pre-5.2)

No we weren't. Single target damage wasn't nerfed overall - it was just our sustained damage that was nerfed because they significantly increased our burst (via TeB). In PvE, there will be little overall change until RoO comes out, but I would say it hampers PvP significantly (especially arena) since you're now much more reliant on the burst that takes 20-30 seconds to develop.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Monk
RoO?
Reply Quote
Never had my spirits die. Also it would be stupid if it was more damage on single target fights because there would never be any time at all where you wouldn't want them out, making it rather braindead.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
SEF is a cleave ability. they aren't supposed to be able to tank anything, they're supposed to be attacking mobs already being tanked by...the tank

for solo AoE, all you need is FB, ToK, RSK, and SCK
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]