How about that increased chance?

100 Worgen Death Knight
Patch 5.2 notes: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/blog/8896363/

The chance of getting personal loot in Raid Finder and the chance of a successful bonus roll in Raid Finder have been greatly increased for the following raids, Mogu'shan Vaults, Heart of Fear, and Terrace of Endless Spring.

I don't know if I have the worse luck, or what, but I don't see this change at all. I have run Terrace of Endless Spring 3 or 4 times this week already. On my first go around I used coins, along with my first rolls. 2nd, 3rd and 4th times I have used coins.

Specifically I have been using my coins on Sha of Fear, with the hope that Shin'ka, Execution of Dominion drops. Guess what? NOTHING!!!

Bag of Gold
    Bag of Gold
    Bag of Gold
    Bag of Gold

I have run Terrace at least twice a week, if not more, since it came out...and I have NEVER had that piece drop. Now with the "increased chance" and using coins...still nothing.

Makes me wanna cry.

Yes, this is a QQ thread. Flame on.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warrior
RNG is Kurosawa.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
10 bosses

7 drops

RNG is _

by the way, can't you only run a raid once a week and get gear from it?
Reply Quote
Despite the increase it's still random. Could be a 90% chance and there's always the possiblity you could do a dozen runs and not see it. The original drop chance was 15% though and I think I remember hearing they doubled it to 30%. So it's higher, but nothing guaranteed to give you gear every time
Reply Quote
100 Worgen Death Knight
Despite the increase it's still random. Could be a 90% chance and there's always the possiblity you could do a dozen runs and not see it. The original drop chance was 15% though and I think I remember hearing they doubled it to 30%. So it's higher, but nothing guaranteed to give you gear every time

Yah, I just find it very frustrating.

10 bosses

7 drops

RNG is _

by the way, can't you only run a raid once a week and get gear from it?

You can run a raid as many times as you want. On the FIRST go around you get your free roll for the week, plus you can use a coin. Once you've cleared a boss, the only way to get loot is to use a coin...which I have done week after week on Sha.
Edited by Redmile on 3/9/2013 2:18 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
Once you've cleared a boss, the only way to get loot is to use a coin...which I have done week after week on Sha.

huh, didn't know that...interesting to know, I actually have something to do now until next week...
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
i ran HoF LFR today and got a piece of gear on almost every boss without the rolls, ive seen the changes implemented but i have had some real id friends message me "higher chances my @$$
Reply Quote
Community Manager
Random distribution curves can be interesting. Mathematically, it's (unlikely but) entirely possible for someone to flip a coin and always get heads.

Our developers are aware of and looking at ways to address outlier cases in Raid Finder where even a greatly increased chance to drop isn't enough.
Edited by Rygarius on 3/9/2013 12:50 PM PST
Reply Quote
100 Human Warrior
Random distribution curves can be interesting. Mathematically, it's (unlikely but) entirely possible for someone to flip a coin and always get heads.

Our developers are aware of and looking at ways to improve outlier cases where even a greatly increased chance to drop isn't enough.
Why are you awake?
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk

Our developers are aware of and looking at ways to improve outlier cases where even a greatly increased chance to drop isn't enough.
Why are you awake?

why are you?
Reply Quote
100 Worgen Death Knight

Our developers are aware of and looking at ways to address outlier cases where even a greatly increased chance to drop isn't enough.

I appreciate the reply. Makes me feel a little better. Thank you.

Should introduce a 3rd coins. The "I have run this place so many times, and have yet to see the piece of loot I want" coin...or something like that.

I don't know. Just trying to be positive.
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
Why are you awake?

Early bird gets the worm?
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk

Our developers are aware of and looking at ways to address outlier cases where even a greatly increased chance to drop isn't enough.

I appreciate the reply. Makes me feel a little better. Thank you.

Should introduce a 3rd coins. The "I have run this place so many times, and have yet to see the piece of loot I want" coin...or something like that.

I don't know. Just trying to be positive.

maybe a coin that detects what gear you're wearing and gives you an ever so slightly higher chance to drop something that is a higher item level than what you're wearing?

say a boss has a 483 weapon, shoulders, and belt on his loot table

you're wearing a 489 belt and shoulers, and 476 weapon. this coin will detect this and give the weapon a slightly higher chance over the belt and shoulders to drop
Edited by Mayliene on 3/9/2013 2:31 AM PST
Reply Quote
100 Worgen Death Knight
I think I have just the worst luck. lol

Anyway, off to bed and I'll try again tomorrow.

Good night.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Hunter
03/09/2013 02:20 AMPosted by Mayliene
Once you've cleared a boss, the only way to get loot is to use a coin...which I have done week after week on Sha.

huh, didn't know that...interesting to know, I actually have something to do now until next week...

Yea, I finally got my sha-touched weapon on a 5th run in a week using Greater charms on Lei Shi only.

It's nice to know these things.

OP: Bummer man... bummer. Hang tough, you'll get some gear, once the RNG gods stop hating you and turn their ever hateful eyes on someone else.
Reply Quote
Rygarius have you ever mistaken Critho for a big rat? I'd imagine it would be pretty awkward when you realize you might have snatched your friend for lunch by mistake.
Edited by Graphite on 3/9/2013 3:06 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Warlock
I'm the opposite.

For 3 weeks, the only thing that dropped for Bitsi were chest and necklace. Which I did not need, as I had the crafted robes (though I did replace that with the dropped ones, as I preferred the secondary stats) and the event necklace.

I got lucky this week and got a couple items, but yea, still annoying. How they expect us to hit ilvl480 without item upgrades or dailies I'll never understand. They've stated they consider dailies OPTIONAL and should not be required to hit ilvl480... but unless you get EXTREMELY lucky in HoF and ToES LFR, you could spend years and never hit ilvl480.
Reply Quote
1 Tauren Warrior

Good Luck
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]