How about that increased chance?

15 Tauren Druid
And if it takes your designers this long to design something that actually works better...hire new designers. There's your inherent flaw.
Reply Quote
89 Dwarf Shaman
I honestly hate the state that looking for raid loot is in having to run these raids over and over gets really really frustrating especially if your not getting any gear, when you do get gear its the same gear you have already have. The gear should be giving out by spec not class because there has been many times i gone in to raids on my rogue and its just me a leather agi leather and boomchicken get my leather WTF. So blizz please please please fix this.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Warlock
Yes Blizz, please make guaranteed, upgrade only, non-duplicate loot drops.

Oh, while you're at it, start cranking out new content or more content, because we're going to be on the forums complaining that we've consumed your content already, geared up, and now have nothing to do.
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Hunter
Random distribution curves can be interesting. Mathematically, it's (unlikely but) entirely possible for someone to flip a coin and always get heads.

Our developers are aware of and looking at ways to address outlier cases in Raid Finder where even a greatly increased chance to drop isn't enough.

I got gold 5 out of 7 times last week that is incredibly demoralizing and a worse rate than pre patch.

I was excited to farm elder charms and get that last piece of tier gear but at this point I feel its a waste of an hour and a half to sit in the queue and then run to the third boss.

So now Im way less excited. Last week was the first week since I started playing MoP that I didnt run all the raids. I just didnt care.

Also I dont want any duplicate gear. I want the 30g. It says unique on it, dont drop it for me. I cant buy unique items out of the pvp vendor or elsewhere so why the hell do you drop them in my bag in raid finder. If I need a drop off a boss, that has 4 things that it can drop. it ends up with me and my 22 Lei Shei kills without seeing my tier shoulders.

Honestly. Thats pathetic.

If a new patch with a new tier wasnt coming out things would be adding up giving me reasons to cancel my subscription.
Edited by Chucktrucks on 3/12/2013 9:11 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
Random distribution curves can be interesting. Mathematically, it's (unlikely but) entirely possible for someone to flip a coin and always get heads.

Our developers are aware of and looking at ways to address outlier cases where even a greatly increased chance to drop isn't enough.

I appreciate the reply. Makes me feel a little better. Thank you.

Should introduce a 3rd coins. The "I have run this place so many times, and have yet to see the piece of loot I want" coin...or something like that.

I don't know. Just trying to be positive.

Agreed. Something like a guaranteed drop after 20 times of no loot or maybe even less than 20 (I don't know what sounds good to everyone else, 20 sounds great to me, I average one drop per 50 bosses)
Reply Quote
So that's why tier gear dropped for me for the first time since the release of MOP. I was beginning to think I'd be collecting tier 15 before I ever saw a piece of tier 14.
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
03/09/2013 02:27 AMPosted by Illucia
Why are you awake?

Early bird gets the worm?

The second Mouse gets the cheese in the trap
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Hunter
Look at my gear, all of it dropped in raid finder except the darkmoon card which i bought.

Im geared out for raid finder gear.

My first heart of fear clear was back in January.

I had a tremendous string of luck with the old raid finder and old coin rate.

Now that they increased it, Ive went down.

My buddy (mage) has got like 6 pieces total in the same amount of time.
Edited by Chucktrucks on 3/12/2013 9:51 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
I like this idea. Say if you wanted a weapon, and it cost 100 tokens from that boss, you have certainly worked for it, AND have a chance in that 100 times to get the drop. If it didn't drop then you worked for it and could purchase it for all your effort.

soooo. here's an idea.

Everytime you don't get loot from a boss you get a token for that boss. you have vendors that sell items from that boss' loot table for x amount of tokens. say 10-15 tokens per item. I guess you could make them instance based instead of boss based and quadruple the number of tokens needed for an item.

I don't think you could use valor for this since it would have to cost way more valor then we cap at.

It's very dissapointing. i have run TEOS on my hunter since it came out every week.. sometimes multiple times with a coin and have yet to see the sha weapon form her. It's great i've done the legendary questline.. got the nice gem and all to go into the weapon.. but it's looking like i'll never actually get to use it.

The Sha weapons feel mandatory simply because there is this legendary questline throughout the expansion that revolves around them at the beginning and you have this gem sitting in your inventory that is basically useless.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Hunter
Well I see no improvement having run "endless spring" more times than I can remember now every week for months only to receive the exact same two items a head token and chest mean while still sporting around the same 372 ilevel weapon is abusrd especially when you consider that both items are a down grade as well adding insult to injury.

Sadly we can no longer give items to people who could actually use them and would appreciate the gift. I understand the current system was created to eliminate people rolling need on items they didnt need just to keep others for getting gear upgrades, but I dont understand the need to eliminate the ability to give an item to a group memeber as long as there still in the LFR group. I say improve the drop ratio on weapons as it sucks beyond beleif and allow the ablility to "trade/give" loot items to fellow LFR group memebers if one opt's to do so. As to the bonus loot rolls for tokens a joke and useless process and there only value is to help pay for repair bills if you get into a bad LFR group.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Rogue

Our developers are aware of and looking at ways to address outlier cases in Raid Finder where even a greatly increased chance to drop isn't enough.

It all depends how you flip the coin.
Reply Quote
I've vendored that axe 3 times over now.
Reply Quote
90 Human Mage
by the way, can't you only run a raid once a week and get gear from it?

If you have two characters :)

I ran LFR on my alt hunter every week all through Dragon Soul tier and it dropped the week before MoP. First time I ran through on my DK I got Gurthalak. RNG sucks.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Hunter
I did all 16 bosses on my priest in raid finder and I received 4 items. That's definetly not anymore than I received pre patch. Pretty annoying if you ask me
Reply Quote
90 Orc Death Knight
Not that I'm complaining, since there's a fresh new tier out and all, but I did Sha of Fear every week since it came out. All I got from it was 2 tier helm tokens and a buttload of gold. But since the OP got his axe a couple of days ago, maybe I'll get lucky too and get a Kil'rak, even if it just sits in my off-hand with that fancy-shmancy +500 STR gem in it until I get a second 522 weapon.

In all honesty, I'd rather fight RNG than some jerkwad rolling need against me for his "lol OS".
Edited by Wormwood on 3/12/2013 12:39 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Hunter

I am also having issues with the "bad luck" rng. 3 Characters and no weapon yet :( While others are DE'ing them. One character cant get loot at all she cant get past the first raid finder. LOL They really really need to work on this. I understand random is random, and I dont want everything the first time I go in. The way it is however is increasingly frustrating.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Hunter
Not that I'm complaining, since there's a fresh new tier out and all, but I did Sha of Fear every week since it came out. All I got from it was 2 tier helm tokens and a buttload of gold. But since the OP got his axe a couple of days ago, maybe I'll get lucky too and get a Kil'rak, even if it just sits in my off-hand with that fancy-shmancy +500 STR gem in it until I get a second 522 weapon.

In all honesty, I'd rather fight RNG than some jerkwad rolling need against me for his "lol OS".

I am having the same issues as u except x4 LOL . I would like the old system back where you get to roll on what you actually need even if it means rolling against the jerk wads.
Reply Quote
100 Undead Rogue
I most definitely feel you all... i have done ToES 20x and used my coins every time and still haven't gotten my sha touched dagger yet, i go in and immediately feel rage bec i know its not going to drop, and my poor gem is sitting in my bag waiting for a dagger :(

not to mention the super long que time for dps...
Edited by Kokuei on 3/12/2013 3:34 PM PDT
Reply Quote
94 Human Paladin
I am concerned because 5.0 LFR is supposed to be a catch up mechanism to 5.2 LFR for alts and players who are behind. I've run a lot of the 5.0 LFRs the last week and the drop rate is worse than before. With Justice Points being used in the past for old Valor gear, it was guaranteed that with a bit of dedication, you were guaranteed to be caught up reasonably soon. Many of my 90's are just getting gold bags and I really want to catch up. Problem is, running them once a week for drop rates that are still nowhere near high enough (for old gear) is going to take too long. Please consider making drops guaranteed or using another mechanism more certain for catching up in PvE. Thank you for your time.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin

Yes it does. So how about answering this Mr. Math.

Where are the other outliers that live on the other side of the distribution curve. You know the players who win 12 or 15 rolls in a row?

If the loot rolls are, as they should be, doubled from the 15% GC said - that curve you're talking about, should have a very small tail in the 0-1 items area and yet, here we are.

Anyone who has won over 6 items in a week on LFR, do please give us a link.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]