How about that increased chance?

90 Pandaren Monk
Random distribution curves can be interesting. Mathematically, it's (unlikely but) entirely possible for someone to flip a coin and always get heads.

Our developers are aware of and looking at ways to address outlier cases where even a greatly increased chance to drop isn't enough.

Have you considered given a mark or buff or something where if you don't get loot from a boss you have a 5% higher chance the next time around on that boss and for it to stack up to 25%? Than resets when you do get a drop?

They said they already have the technology to do this with quest items while questing.

Why they don't use it for Raid Bosses is simply mind-boggling, considering how many people get ridiculous dry spells (me included). When I _do_ get drops out of LFR, it is crap I don't need. My Paladin has gotten 5 pairs of gloves off of Elegon and zero swords; she was wearing the 476 crafted gloves well before ever stepping foot into LFR for the very first time.

Yeah, I needed those 5 pairs of gauntlets, oh yes....
Reply Quote
1 Tauren Warrior
Did the entire lfr, two drops, pieces I had. Wonderful system.
Reply Quote
Random distribution curves can be interesting. Mathematically, it's (unlikely but) entirely possible for someone to flip a coin and always get heads.

Our developers are aware of and looking at ways to address outlier cases where even a greatly increased chance to drop isn't enough.

There is a very easy way to address this issue , has been brought up before.

Make it so that every time you DONT win a piece of gear from a boss your chance goes up by 30/40% or something similar to that.

BOOM PROBLEM SOLVED, THAT WAS SO HARD
Sounds like the trap in the Pet Battles. Every time you miss with it, the chance to hit increases up to the point where it can't miss anymore.
I have mixed results. I certainly notice an increase on wins. But on toons where I had just no luck yet, I still didn't have a lot of luck.. lol And of course, karma bites you in the rear.
Killing Galleon and getting a helm that would be an upgrade, if I only hadn't the tier helm already.. dayum.....

However I noticed that the chance of the loot bags containing something else other than gold is very low for me.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
i dont know what your talking about first time in terrence ever this week and i get the 2h sha axe
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
I just ran 2 toons through some LFR's because I heard the drop chances increased via 5.2
I successfully killed 22 bosses and gained ZERO loot. I sincerely getting burned out from this frustration. I'm really beginning to wonder if RNG-games are right for me. I find myself frustrated moreso than having fun when playing this game nowadays.
Edited by Maljinor on 3/9/2013 7:03 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
How about the ability to trade teir tokens for others..

I have so many tokens of gear I cant do anything with.. like 3 helms this toon, 2 chest and 2 shoulders on dk, hands and chest on other monk, 2 legs on lock and none have the 5pc :(
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Warrior
Instead of crying about LFR gear you could just run regs..... loot drops everytime! Better quality and the fights aren't so tedious because mechanics matter.... Or QQ about RF quality gear.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
I just ran 2 toons through some LFR's because I heard the drop chances increased via 5.2I successfully killed 22 bosses and gained ZERO loot. I sincerely getting burned out from this frustration. I'm really beginning to wonder if RNG-games are right for me. I find myself frustrated moreso than having fun when playing this game nowadays.

I must add that of those 22 bosses, I did get 3 drops, but of course the loot that did "drop" for me was gear I already had. The most sickening thing about it is: It's not like my toon(s) have that much LFR gear to begin with. If there's ever a blood-boiling thing in this game, it's this LFR system.

It's kinda like when Blockbuster told its customers "No More Late Fees!!" when in reality, there were because the customers would have to pay additional fees when they brought back the movies late. That really upset customers. The parallel here is: Blizz announced "increased drop rate", not realizing that the RNG system would make them look like liars and piss people off....I'm one of them.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Paladin
See, I've had the opposite experience, OP.

Mel'jarak this week: Painful Thorned Band + T14 Glove Token

Already had the ring but I won't balk at free money. Or a tier piece.

Un'sok: Bag

One Blood Spirit and cash. Can't complain.

Shek'zeer: Shadow Heart Spaulders + Claws of Shek'zeer

Finally got a Sha weapon. Already had tier shoulders so more money, good enough for me.

So I'd say it's working. Not perfect or 100% chance but it works.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Death Knight

Mate, 8 bosses today, all of Mogu and Sha of ANger and Galleon and all I got was gold. Rolled a coin on all of them, also only got gold. Dissapoint.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
Trying to gear up alts have been a pain in the butt also. I have 7 90's and running LFR on all of them coming out with no more than 2 piece (if lucky) every week from LFR. I just hate seeing the sack of gold drop and I keep saying to myself maybe next week I will get something.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior

The correct way to phrase is "for any number of tosses, there is non-zero probability that someone will get nothing but heads."

The probability of anyone getting nothing but heads forever is zero.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Death Knight
RnG is RNG my !@#
2 toons
13 bosses 6 coins

2x toes
1x MSV
galleon
sha
6 elder coins

17 bags of gold
1 helmet token
6x motes of harmony from one fail bag

that doesn't seem greatly increased
I got better drop chances before the patch
Edited by Eags on 3/9/2013 7:37 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
Probably won't make the OP feel any better, but for what its worth, it took me close to 30 times in Nightmare to get my sha touched mace. Got it the week before 5.2. It's very easy to despair when you've run the same thing so many times and don't get what you need (only what you already have - I must have gotten about 5 tier chest pieces). It's very discouraging.

Probably the worst is that it's off the last boss. It would be bearable if it was off the 1st or 2nd, but no... the last one, which means you have to endure bad groups for the entire run. And if you run it multiple times per week (I usually did at least 3-4), you begin to lose faith in anything. Heck, I remember getting so punchy and irritated on more than one occasions that I would vote kick people for the smallest infraction (never worked though).

For me the real "kick to the nads" so to speak was two or three weeks before I FINALLY got the weapon, I did Sha with some friends, and the mount dropped for me. As excited as I was over a very rare mount drop, I was infuriated that the evil RNG Gods would choose NOW to favor me, rather than with the thing that I really needed and wanted. Figuring my luck had changed, I immediately ran 3-4 Nightmares with my most tolerant friend, and nothing. I lost hope, and literally gave up for those two to three weeks and ran absolutely nothing. The following week, my friend dragged me along, as I didn't want to go, and it dropped. Though the group had been a good one, we just about wiped at 1%, it was a miracle that they got her down (I had already died 3 times by then).

So, OP, I know your pain, and all I can say is hang in there... it may be the day before the next expansion when you get it, but you'll get it eventually. Hopefully Blizzard comes up with something better than "significantly increased" chance... when I read it, I laughed. Maybe now they mean it'll only take 25 times instead of 30 /rolleyes.

I do like some of the suggestions here, in particular the pet-battle-trap esque one with an increased percentage at a drop for every time you don't get something. Anything that would make life better for us "outliers."
Edited by Aelena on 3/9/2013 8:14 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
i got the axe on my very first try, didn't even know any of the fights. you jelly op?
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Hunter
Patch 5.2 notes: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/blog/8896363/

The chance of getting personal loot in Raid Finder and the chance of a successful bonus roll in Raid Finder have been greatly increased for the following raids, Mogu'shan Vaults, Heart of Fear, and Terrace of Endless Spring.

I don't know if I have the worse luck, or what, but I don't see this change at all. I have run Terrace of Endless Spring 3 or 4 times this week already. On my first go around I used coins, along with my first rolls. 2nd, 3rd and 4th times I have used coins.

Specifically I have been using my coins on Sha of Fear, with the hope that Shin'ka, Execution of Dominion drops. Guess what? NOTHING!!!

Bag of Gold
    Bag of Gold
    Bag of Gold
    Bag of Gold

I have run Terrace at least twice a week, if not more, since it came out...and I have NEVER had that piece drop. Now with the "increased chance" and using coins...still nothing.

Makes me wanna cry.

Yes, this is a QQ thread. Flame on.

Got my sha-touched gun the other day after running Terrace; I've been running it since it opened. Looks like a higher chance to me, or just RNG being RNG.
Reply Quote
27 Draenei Paladin
03/09/2013 02:18 AMPosted by Redmile
Despite the increase it's still random. Could be a 90% chance and there's always the possiblity you could do a dozen runs and not see it. The original drop chance was 15% though and I think I remember hearing they doubled it to 30%. So it's higher, but nothing guaranteed to give you gear every time

Yah, I just find it very frustrating.

10 bosses

7 drops

RNG is _

by the way, can't you only run a raid once a week and get gear from it?

You can run a raid as many times as you want. On the FIRST go around you get your free roll for the week, plus you can use a coin. Once you've cleared a boss, the only way to get loot is to use a coin...which I have done week after week on Sha.

False, it dropped for my pally main with out use of that, you are just unlucky.
Reply Quote
27 Draenei Paladin
I just ran 2 toons through some LFR's because I heard the drop chances increased via 5.2
I successfully killed 22 bosses and gained ZERO loot. I sincerely getting burned out from this frustration. I'm really beginning to wonder if RNG-games are right for me. I find myself frustrated moreso than having fun when playing this game nowadays.

I can't believe the crying over RF Gear, what is wrong with you people???
A chihuahua can successfully kill 22 bosses in LFR (RF).

RF Was never meant to be part progression! It is to see end game content!
Edited by Kokron on 3/9/2013 8:43 AM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]