How about that increased chance?

90 Human Priest
I've got 9 drops in the last 9 bosses. Not a single drop was good for me though, and my gear isn't even good. I'd rather we had a smarter loot system than one that gives me downgrades.
Edited by Auspice on 3/9/2013 10:34 AM PST
Reply Quote
100 Dwarf Hunter
I've got 9 drops in the last 9 bosses. Not a single drop was good for me though, and my gear isn't even good. I'd rather we had a smarter loot system than one that gives me downgrades.
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Shaman
11 straight charms got me nothing but gold. On the 12th, I got something I already had. RNG is a mother ...
Reply Quote
90 Orc Shaman

It absolutely does work like that. I haven't seen ONE PERSON over the last 6 months who has done LFR consistently yet is not ready for Throne.

It works even more like that now that the drop rate has been increased. Your character's experiences defeats your own argument. Less than 2 weeks of full LFR runs - only 1 week since the boost - and you're ilvl 477 Jeysin. Almost ready for Throne now.

I really did wish it worked like that.

ive been using coitn after coin after coin on Lei Shi in hopes of a shoulder token, sha touched gun, or even a trinket drop, and everytime i fight her she only gives me gold

Again, the system is not designed to reward item-hunting. Get that through your head.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Druid
But that's fixed in Throne - there are more choices and none of them are obscenely better than the others.

You can get into Throne with a crappy weapon and good armor, but that doesn't mean you'll be able to perform adequately there, even by LFR standards.

I think the problem is specific to weapons, which get the double whammy of absolutely no alternative way to get an above 463 weapon (I don't even think the world bosses have any weapons), and very important to overall character performance for the majority of specs, if not all specs.

And, of course, it's tripled for sha-touched weapons, which are an even smaller subset of total weapons in the tier (some specs have as few as one they can reasonably use) AND absolutely required to participate in/benefit from the Wrathion storyline.

Slots that you can cover with VP are not so bad -- even the unluckiest player in the world gets the same valor as everyone else and can gear up through it eventually. But there's no bad luck protection system for weapons the way VP and/or crafted gear are for armor, jewelry and trinkets.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman
Do you know what experimental probability is?

Do you know what theoretical probability is?

Until you know these two terms, don't complain about RNG
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
So far this week 9 bosses down and 4 coins used. I got a 476 ilvl neck that was not an upgrade.
I'm at 465 ilvl equipped, and every slot of except 1 could be upgraded by LFR gear.

I know random is random, but I was expecting the old LFR to be a loot pinata with near 100% drop rates.
Reply Quote
- Technical Support
100 Human Mage
Random distribution curves can be interesting. Mathematically, it's (unlikely but) entirely possible for someone to flip a coin and always get heads.

Our developers are aware of and looking at ways to address outlier cases where even a greatly increased chance to drop isn't enough.

Why not make it simple.

If you don't get a drop after 5 bosses then on the 6th give a drop 100% or something like that. Why be gear horders?

Becouse they fired Montey Hall as the Head loot designer
Reply Quote
- Technical Support
100 Human Mage
So far this week 9 bosses down and 4 coins used. I got a 476 ilvl neck that was not an upgrade.
I'm at 465 ilvl equipped, and every slot of except 1 could be upgraded by LFR gear.

I know random is random, but I was expecting the old LFR to be a loot pinata with near 100% drop rates.

They only increased it slightly. and the percentages for drops are better the in dragon sol do not know why people are complaining
Reply Quote
soooo. here's an idea.

Everytime you don't get loot from a boss you get a token for that boss. you have vendors that sell items from that boss' loot table for x amount of tokens. say 10-15 tokens per item. I guess you could make them instance based instead of boss based and quadruple the number of tokens needed for an item.

I don't think you could use valor for this since it would have to cost way more valor then we cap at.

It's very dissapointing. i have run TEOS on my hunter since it came out every week.. sometimes multiple times with a coin and have yet to see the sha weapon form her. It's great i've done the legendary questline.. got the nice gem and all to go into the weapon.. but it's looking like i'll never actually get to use it.

The Sha weapons feel mandatory simply because there is this legendary questline throughout the expansion that revolves around them at the beginning and you have this gem sitting in your inventory that is basically useless.
Reply Quote
100 Gnome Mage
Loots dropping at a much higher frequency for my alt.
Reply Quote
100 Human Warrior
Random distribution curves can be interesting. Mathematically, it's (unlikely but) entirely possible for someone to flip a coin and always get heads.

Our developers are aware of and looking at ways to address outlier cases where even a greatly increased chance to drop isn't enough.

If no loot for X kills, then 100% chance for next kill.

Or

If no loot in lfr via completion of one wing of a raid, then buff to drop chance for next raid.

Or

If no loot for entire raid, then guarateed drop chance for next lfr raid per one random boss.

Does this make sense?
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Warrior

There is a very easy way to address this issue , has been brought up before.

Make it so that every time you DONT win a piece of gear from a boss your chance goes up by 30/40% or something similar to that.

BOOM PROBLEM SOLVED, THAT WAS SO HARD

Yeah but that needs to be refined a bit, as we know blizzard wouldn't agree with this formula. How about when you don't win an item on that boss, the next time you kill that boss, your % increases by 5%, and this increased percentage either only works for next week's kill, or only goes up a maximum of 5% per week no matter how many tries, that way for example you have 30%, roll free roll, nothing, your % would go to 35% for next week, any coins used this week would not increase the % nor benefit from the increased % this week, however next week if you hadn't gotten loot from the coin rolls used on that boss, you would benefit from the bonus % tacked on from last week, and this 5% would increase each week as long as you do not recieve any loot at all from that boss even with coin rolls.

Obviously it would probably need some Tweaking due to the hassle blizzard would go through to implement it, and there might be a few things they won't be able to do due to compatibility, but I definitely think it's a possible idea in the right direction of possibilities.
Edited by Flowsedai on 3/9/2013 11:10 AM PST
Reply Quote
85 Troll Druid
I got 7 pieces of loot from the 470 ilvl raids. I definitely believe them when they say the chances got better.
Reply Quote
100 Gnome Mage
Also OP, you can Q the same boss over and over if it was mentioned already, keep Qing TOES w/ those extra Elders.

Edit: Seems he did talk about it. Keep Qing!
Edited by Digerati on 3/9/2013 12:29 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Warrior

If no loot for X kills, then 100% chance for next kill.

Or

If no loot in lfr via completion of one wing of a raid, then buff to drop chance for next raid.

Or

If no loot for entire raid, then guarateed drop chance for next lfr raid per one random boss.

Does this make sense?

Yes, definitely right direction. Just needs some cleaning up with the variables.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Shaman
03/09/2013 10:39 AMPosted by Calonderiel
But that's fixed in Throne - there are more choices and none of them are obscenely better than the others.

You can get into Throne with a crappy weapon and good armor, but that doesn't mean you'll be able to perform adequately there, even by LFR standards.

I think the problem is specific to weapons, which get the double whammy of absolutely no alternative way to get an above 463 weapon (I don't even think the world bosses have any weapons), and very important to overall character performance for the majority of specs, if not all specs.

And, of course, it's tripled for sha-touched weapons, which are an even smaller subset of total weapons in the tier (some specs have as few as one they can reasonably use) AND absolutely required to participate in/benefit from the Wrathion storyline.

Slots that you can cover with VP are not so bad -- even the unluckiest player in the world gets the same valor as everyone else and can gear up through it eventually. But there's no bad luck protection system for weapons the way VP and/or crafted gear are for armor, jewelry and trinkets.

Honor farm a 476 weapon.

Problem solved.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Shaman

Why not make it simple.

If you don't get a drop after 5 bosses then on the 6th give a drop 100% or something like that. Why be gear horders?

Becouse they fired Montey Hall as the Head loot designer

Or because that's a terrible system:

1) People could manipulate which bosses they got loot off of.

2) The people who want loot off, say, Lei Shi but have 4 or 5 bosses down and keep getting fresh Terrace runs would crash the forums with their complaints.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
I got nothing but a necklace and boots I didn't need. So glad I started gearing this alt -_-

Can you PLEASE make the system smarter to detect what gear you're wearing. And have the higher ilevel gear you NEED more likely to drop
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]