How about that increased chance?

80 Undead Warrior
Random distribution curves can be interesting. Mathematically, it's (unlikely but) entirely possible for someone to flip a coin and always get heads.

Our developers are aware of and looking at ways to address outlier cases where even a greatly increased chance to drop isn't enough.

You don't have to look for ways to address this, you already created one before in TBC, it's called Badge of Justice.

Just allow exchange x number of Badges for whatever you can get from that loot table, and limiting only 1 badge/boss/week. No more RNG crap, no DS needing/trading issue either, all vendor gears = bop.

But I know your evil minds, you want people to keep running 5.1 contents during 5.2 so people who are slow or behind will be carried for those who ran the same !@#$ every week, you just don't want your LFR to go empty and end up with 3hrs wait time.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Shaman
I got nothing but a necklace and boots I didn't need. So glad I started gearing this alt -_-

Can you PLEASE make the system smarter to detect what gear you're wearing. And have the higher ilevel gear you NEED more likely to drop

No.

Nice enchants, gems, and reforging. Lucky characters like that can enter raids in the first place.

Buy a Valor ring and get into the rest of the LFRs.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
Random distribution curves can be interesting. Mathematically, it's (unlikely but) entirely possible for someone to flip a coin and always get heads.

Our developers are aware of and looking at ways to address outlier cases where even a greatly increased chance to drop isn't enough.

Six years late is better than never.
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Paladin
hmm maybe have an item that could increase drop chances in that specific dungeon....much like the tabards for increasing guild reputation.....just a thought
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
Wait...those coins actually can win something? I don't believe it. They should rename them to '28 more gold' coins.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
I did Terrace and got 3/4 boss drops with no coins. You'd really hate me if you knew how much I've gotten from LFR on my panda, with little to no coins. It's RNG. It's also not worth caring about, so while I understand the desire to gear up a fresh 90, it's not the end of the world. There will be other times.

There is a very easy way to address this issue , has been brought up before.

Make it so that every time you DONT win a piece of gear from a boss your chance goes up by 30/40% or something similar to that.

BOOM PROBLEM SOLVED, THAT WAS SO HARD

That is really ludicrous. No.
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Paladin
i don't think blizzard is gonna change their game programming...just because of our opinions
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest

Make it so that every time you DONT win a piece of gear from a boss your chance goes up by 30/40% or something similar to that.

no cause that would guarantee loot in LFR when loot has NEVER and will NEVER be guaranteed
Reply Quote
6 Pandaren Monk
Basically all they did was combine the percentage of getting loot with a coin and loot without a coin. Made Elder coins impossible to find and essentially took them out of the game, thus doing nothing.
Reply Quote
1 Orc Rogue
03/09/2013 02:09 AMPosted by Redmile
I have run Terrace at least twice a week, if not more, since it came out...

Um... you only get loot once per week.
Edited by Serinta on 3/9/2013 1:26 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Hunter
So you're saying that getting loot in LFR is as likely as flipping a coin and always getting heads?
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
i don't think blizzard is gonna change their game programming...just because of our opinions

Which is why the game will continue to decline. They better start listening or they are going to find themselves in a not so pretty situation. Although, I believe they are listening and making changes to appease as many as possible. This is the big problem, they need to narrow down their target audience and excel at making them happy...AND THEN expand the game to appease more. Currently they are trying to make everybody happy and they are doing a crappy job at almost all of it. More isn't always better.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Priest
03/09/2013 01:39 PMPosted by Layuth
They better start listening or they are going to find themselves in a not so pretty situation.

Blizzard does listen. The proof of that is in every patch, every expansion. It's really at the point where you can't honestly argue that they don't listen and maintain any credibility unless what you mean is "They don't always listen to me."
Reply Quote
100 Worgen Death Knight
03/09/2013 01:26 PMPosted by Serinta
I have run Terrace at least twice a week, if not more, since it came out...

Um... you only get loot once per week.

Clearly you didn't read the thread, or understand how the elder coins (extra chance of winning) work. I suggest you go back and read.

...and here we go again...queuing up. Wish me luck!
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Shaman
03/09/2013 03:03 AMPosted by Sylvyr

huh, didn't know that...interesting to know, I actually have something to do now until next week...

Yea, I finally got my sha-touched weapon on a 5th run in a week using Greater charms on Lei Shi only.

It's nice to know these things.

OP: Bummer man... bummer. Hang tough, you'll get some gear, once the RNG gods stop hating you and turn their ever hateful eyes on someone else.

I've gotten my sha touched weapon in the first week or two of running it on every character I've taken in the places that drop it.

If not that, I got one from MSV. Except on my shaman. Got her first claw off shek'zeer the first week, but then it took me almost a month to get the other one I have off Gara'jal. And she still won't drop it.

Grumbles. I hate that zone so much. The bosses are okay but the trash is freaking annoying.
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Shaman

Our developers are aware of and looking at ways to address outlier cases in Raid Finder where even a greatly increased chance to drop isn't enough.

Normal and Heroic raiding is on a rapid decline. This is what you're working on?

Can't make people put up with a prearranged group of stupid if they don't want to.

Which is why I no longer raid progressively. Raid finder, there's a good chance I never have to put up with these people ever again. Raid guild, I have to put up with the same people doing the same stupid crap every single week.
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
Hyjinx
90 Orc Shaman
Might

I got nothing but a necklace and boots I didn't need. So glad I started gearing this alt -_-

Can you PLEASE make the system smarter to detect what gear you're wearing. And have the higher ilevel gear you NEED more likely to drop

No.

Nice enchants, gems, and reforging. Lucky characters like that can enter raids in the first place.

no cause that would guarantee loot in LFR when loot has NEVER and will NEVER be guaranteed

You're all arguing with his numbers and not his model. Let's say the chance of a drop per boss is 3% and you roll every week on the same boss. Checking your roll history, the loot code increases the percentage of likelihood that a roll will be successful by [roll*1.000x] where x=number of previous rolls. It could be an incremental change but statistically, for the whole toon population on a given server, a significant increase in drops.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman

Our developers are aware of and looking at ways to address outlier cases in Raid Finder where even a greatly increased chance to drop isn't enough.

You really should look into this.

1) It's really problematic on mobs that have a large loot table for one class. Lei Shi for Rogues is an example. Dagger, Tier shoulder, Belt, Trinket.

2) Also, when I coin roll in LFR after receiving loot, I get a duplicate loot. I've never gotten 2 loots that are different. I've gotten 1 and gold and vice versa, put if I get two it's always the same item. Mayve it's just me, but it reminds me a lot of the DS double roll/win.

I went 2 weeks getting 3 leather belts from Lei Shi. The following week I got 2 trinkets from Lei Shi and the belt off Tsu Long. This whole time, and all I've been rolling for is the dagger.

3) Gold vs vendoring item -- Minor problem -- on my Shaman I'd rather have gold because I can't DE, and the vendor cost on most the items are less than the gold I would have gotten. (Couple exceptions like Weps).
Reply Quote
100 Dwarf Paladin
Here are some numbers for people to chew on.

Chance to win loot (no coin): 30%
Chance to win loot (original roll and coin): 51%

So what if you're looking to win one specific piece of gear from a boss?

If you use your original roll and coin and if the boss has for your spec...
...one piece: 51%
...two pieces: 25.5%
...three pieces: 17%
...four pieces: 12.75%

So if you're trying to win a Sha-touched weapon and the boss has three possible items for your spec then even if you use your coin you only have a 17% chance to get the weapon.

Let's say I'm a Mistweaver monk and I want Jinya, Orb of the Waterspeaker [http://www.wowdb.com/items/86893-jinya-orb-of-the-waterspeaker] from Lei Shi but she's also got a monk tier shoulder token and a spirit belt that I don't want. How many attempts (weekly boss attempts and coin rolls combined) do I need to have a reasonable chance of getting that one specific item?

1 attempt: 10%
2 attempts: 19%
3 attempts: 27.1%
4 attempts: 34.39%
5 attempts: 40.95%
6 attempts: 46.86%
7 attempts: 52.17%
8 attempts: 56.95%
9 attempts: 61.13%
10 attempts: 65.13%
11 attempts: 68.62%
12 attempts: 71.76%

I stopped at 12 attempts because earlier in this thread I read that somebody used 11 coins in a single week for one boss (I don't remember which one and what they were looking for) and still didn't get anything. Assuming that boss had three items for his/her spec then this person fell on the bad side of a 70/30 split and has nothing to show for their work save for 342 gold. Less once you count repair bills.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]